1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Yay finally a forum

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by ZUES, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Gwindire

Gwindire Guest

Well done, Feldon!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dollah

Dollah Guest

This thread needs moar dotz....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nommi

Nommi Member

Nicely done Feldon. ^5

• Like Like x 2
  4. Uyaem

Uyaem Member

Nice forum! Good look and feel, hope this becomes a better alternative than the official forums. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nelie

Nelie New Member

Thanks for the new forums, Feldon. I will most like be watching these forums rather than the official forums. It has just gotten too toxic with "OMG, PAY TO WIN" and "OMG, SO FAR BEHIND, WE NEED EQUAL STATS" people. Hopefully these forums won't get those type of people here, I like it so far! All the doom and gloom crap needs to stop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. dawy

dawy New Member

Good to see a forum at long last

• Like Like x 1
  7. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Erm, just a heads up, we are going to have candid discussions about EQ2 here, including the game's problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nelie

Nelie New Member

Right, I have no problems with that. I just don't consider at least half the stuff on official forums as "game problems". They are pitty party posts usually that feel they are entitled to something. I just don't want these forums ruined by threads such as:

- Claiming this and that is "Pay 2 Win" and acting like its so game breaking
    - My alts need to be on the same level as everyone
    - No fair that im returning/new and you have this/that

Sure, these CAN be legitimate posts but most aren't thought out and it just comes off as toxic to some of the community.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Lojask

Lojask Member

This sort of crying really won't fly with me. I returned in March, and started from scratch twice (originally I had a mage when I started in SF, I rerolled warden when I came back and now I main channeler). Like everything, you get out what you put in (although RNG can help/hinder of course). I know I've got a lot to work on throughout this epic line, and that's fine. I wasn't around for a lot of stuff, I didn't do it then, and so yes, I'm going to have to go and do it. Why should I be at the same point that people who have been playing for 13 years are at? And as much as I love having my vet rewards, I'm very aware that I don't deserve them, as my account sat dormant and unpaid for 5 years. I was lucky that I was granted them in absentia. If I were to pack up right now and go play something else, I'd be at square one and I'd very much expect to be.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Feldon

If you've been watching the Epic 2.0 quest writeups in the Class Forums here, you'll notice the prerequisites just keep stacking up. If you are returning to the game after years away, trying out the insta-100 feature, or rolled a new character to fill a raid slot, the amount of backflagging old quests you must redo has gone from minimal to quaint to ponderous.

I don't know if the sky is falling, but between Summer Ethereals, Ascension, Faction grinds, more Infusers than actual Loot in heroic chests these days, and the growing mountain of prerequisites to play a character to its potential, the argument might be made that there seems to be a "War on Alts". Maybe not intentional or declared, but certainly those with an alt army are making hard choices these days.

Epic 2.0 introduces Gold and Black adornment slots. It's going to get even harder to outfit and keep up with gearing and infusing and adorning more than a handful of characters. Of course when I raise these concerns with the devs, I'm told "oh you can just ignore all that stuff unless you raid."

P.S. This is not an argument or me blasting anyone, but the kind of useful spirited debate I am looking forward to seeing on these forums.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. user01

user01 Guest

So let's just ignore that they added items that you can buy with USD that directly increase your adventuring stats? And the next thing they add, etc etc?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nelie

Nelie New Member

What items are you referring to? The Gifty Bag from the marketplace?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lojask

Lojask Member

Hi Jachin. I'm bored of this. Please don't.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Nelie

Nelie New Member

Ah ok, makes perfect sense now...brb, going to buy premium xpac to WIN EQ2! My mom will be so proud.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Feldon

He's taking about the premium infusions.

17. Nelie

Nelie New Member

Meh, if you want to throw down $30 for 5 infusers, go ahead...not sure what you are "winning" then in EQ2. There are many other types of adornments out there for free I can get. It isnt like infusers are a rare drop.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Venser

Venser Member

To keep BS to a minimum, come play TLE. Sure itemization is whack, but there is still skill gap, auto attack dmg, and low pre reqs for anything considering all we have avail is the epic 1.0 :D. Also if you are an inq LFGuild to raid HMU. lawl.

TLE is a little less than vanilla, but still nastolgic. We sll get to avoid pesky questions like, should we play alts?. Although I only play my Swash so whatcdoes that matter!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Feldon

That was my response when he raised this "outrage" in chat. Nobody is spending hundreds of dollars on infusions to get a raid slot.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. user01

user01 Guest

I agree. But this isn't going to be the last item they put on the marketplace that increases your adventuring abilities. They are not going to be like 'ok cool we crossed the line from convenience and appearance items into combat items, that was fun, now lets never do it again'.

They've been pushing that line inch by inch, and each time the reaction by players has been 'meh, this is so minor who cares'. That line is going to keep creeping.

You clearly have this overly literal definition of 'win'. In MMOs pay-to-win means pay-to-progress.

If you want to play a game where everything you do there's a DBC icon flashing saying:
    'pay 1 USD, upgrade your item now'
    'pay .50 USD, increase your stats 10% for 5min' (you know, just for that one fight you're so close to beating)
    'pay 5 USD, get a 10pack of elite resist potions'
    etc etc etc., then go ahead, dismiss each minor addition to the marketplace as inconsequential. But it's not going to stop.

And sure, you CAN make progress without that, but it's always there, nagging at you, and in your field of vision...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1