1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Will you be buying the new expac?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by CoLDMeTaL, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Housing in ESO is on par with EQ2 if you like to decorate, do custom furniture, or build on a small scale. You'll have more limited item count to work with, but with the type and variety of items available you won't need to 'make from scratch' as much. To have access to All The Things (as decorators must) you'll need to level up the trades, fish, harvest - things you probably are already inclined to do, by the sound of it. The draw back is that you can't scale items (unless that's changed in the last 4 months), so you have to get fiddly sometimes to achieve your look. The Devs have said that it's on their list, but like the housing, they're not going to put it in the game until they've got it right. Their system is less than a year old, and has a lot of potential to grow. The game itself is extremely casual friendly and buy to play - though the crafting material bag of happy alone is worth the subscription cost.

You might also check out Rift - the housing and decorating surpasses EQ2, and it has an active decorating community with a dedicated channel.

While I haven't played it personally, I have watched several video builds and tours, and seen screenshots for Wildstar, which also surpasses EQ2 for decorating. I just wasn't a huge fan of the art style for the avatars.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Thanks for all the info on ESO! I tried it (my husband owns it) and never got past the starter tutorial. I really need to buy it and give it a go.

I played Rift to whatever max level was at the time I played it and I liked the decorating at the time, but not as much as EQ2 - however that was years ago I'm sure it's changed a lot.

Wildstar I can't get into just due to the "genre". :) I tried it and it wasn't for me.

Right now I've been playing LOTRO again and while I enjoy the game play/questing, the housing has a lot to be desired so I really need a new (to me) game to scratch that itch.

3. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

If your husband doesn't mind you nabbing one of his ESO characters that's out in the world, I would recommend hopping on and taking tours of the various houses available. You can also browse this https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/housing/ to see screenshots of houses, items and how to obtain them, as well as player builds.

Rift has free to play, so no financial commitment to check out what's changed since you played last. A LOT changed a few years back when Domino worked for Trion, and they've continued to build on it (ha!). In the past couple of years at LOT of stuff has gone in - crafted evironmental effects, terrain paints, blocks. And some links to browse: List of All Dimension Items | Rift Dimension Addicts and The Dimension Touring Company . The in game channel is dimensionaddicts@deepwood.

I agree about Wildstar, while evil genius space hamsters bent on ruling the universe is funny, I think that'd last a week at best.

Fortunately for those of us who primarily like to decorate there are options now, games that have taken the high bar EQ2 set for us, and raised it further. Shop around, pick the one you like best, and happy decorating!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Don't know too much about it yet. I've looked at some, but haven't bought one yet. The ones I've taken a look at seem pretty cool though.

I haven't crafted any house items yet, but zone chat is always active with respect to people wtb/wts recipes, motiffs, and items.

I'm generally a fighting game first, housing game later person, so I prob won't dig into housing until the spering or so.

Tekka seems to be really familiar with that stuff, and if he says it's pretty good, it prob is.

In any case, like I said earlier, the deco crowd is very active in chat, so that's a good indicator also.

Once you get out in the world, I'm confident you'll be totally sold on how beautiful it is. Really stunning game

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Thanks for the information! :)

6. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I bought the expansion. I leveled four crafts on Beta.
    I haven't logged in to EQ2, live or Beta, in close to a week.

Make of that what you will, if you're still deciding whether to buy it or not.

8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

They just closed an event where you could earn free crown crates for logging in. Got a really cool mount. Another thing I like about this game is achievements and collectibles like this are account wide.

If you subscribe, you also get a bottomless harvesting bag. Tekka called it the "Bag of Happiness" and now I know why: Not only does it have unlimited carrying capacity, but it too is account wide - One bottomless crafting mats bag shared by all toons.

This might be the most glorious perk ever, and my sub is assured as long as I'm playing this game.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

If you are interested in ESO housing there is an option for the purchasable house to have them fully furnished. You can try this out and have a walk through without parting with cash. This will give you an idea about what is possible if nothing else.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately I tried to dload it and kept getting a vague error. Upon googling it I needed more free space which I made, but now when I try to go back to the "free trial" page it doesn't give me the option anymore to dload it. :/

Edit: They finally sent me a code so hopefully this weekend I can try again when I get time.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  11. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

• Like Like x 2