1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Will Daybreak games shut down in 2 months?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Sweatypie, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Ansom

Ansom Member

So.. first they try to destroy evidence and after the layoff.

2. Ansom

Ansom Member

little question, why i see post disappear here? o_O

3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

My ****speculation**** is this was merely round 1. They're gonna pare it down so they have enough staff to run things.

Next, some underperforming titles will be killed off.

Then they will sell the company, even if that means tearing it apart and selling it in bits.

I'll be surpised if eq2 makes it past Dec or Jan.

Just have to see.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Minor, but being fired and being laid off are two different things (though I can appreciate someone named cindrax wanting to use "fired.")

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

• Informative Informative x 4
  6. Pink Poodle

Pink Poodle New Member

You think EQ2 will be put into maintenance mode?

7. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

That is the feeling I have.

8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Massively is reporting vis a vis mmorpg.com that daybreak is in acquisition talks with several studios.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

All this was in the works since last fall. When CN assets were frozen, it's likely so went Dbg's source of funding.

You don't lay off 100 people without having a plan and team in place to execute it weeks in advance.

Edit: I am still pretty amazed you "stumbled" across that treasury info though.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Update #3

MMORPG.com says it has a source claiming that Daybreak is currently in acquisition talks with a number of studios, including Ashes of Creation company Intrepid Studios.

Update #4

In speaking on background with our own sources this afternoon, we are given to understand the number of people laid off was around 70, not 100 as earlier suggested. At least one source believes the layoffs are completely unrelated to the ongoing Columbus Nova shenanigans and instead are a direct result of H1Z1’s poor performance, having been planned for a while, which does make a certain amount of sense (we’ve been tracking H1Z1’s downward trajectory for months now).

Update #5

Massively OP has been informed by a trusted source that Daybreak’s claims that it was owned by Jason Epstein, not Columbus Nova, for the last three years are actually true, if confusing as hell. If this is accurate, it’s completely possible that Daybreak is being honest about the Russian sanctions being irrelevant (which is what we were originally asking them to rebut on Tuesday when they instead dropped the “Columbus Nova who?” bomb). It is not currently clear why Daybreak waited so long to correct its statements, why it isn’t being forthcoming about the exact nature of what it knew and when, why it created unnecessary suspicion by deleting the historical record, or why it picked this exact moment to drop layoffs, knowing how it would look.

• Informative Informative x 4
  11. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Brad Wilcox, head of customer service.

Dexella (Colette Murphy), community manager

Community Lead for H1Z1

12. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Please tell me they've finally got rid of Holly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Feldon

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Feldon

Honestly she's been working on EQ3 for the past couple years. Almost no involvement in EQ or EQ2 other than approving budgets. Lauren is the producer of EQ/EQ2.

15. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

16. Eyedea

Eyedea New Member

I'm not trying to defend Daybreak but the majority of you have exactly zero insider information.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Lock It! Lock It! x 1
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

When did the majority if us assert that?

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Feldon

You're welcome to think that.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Feldon

I forgot to post this, but Roshen (Ry Schueller) confirmed his departure on Facebook this afternoon. In the last months, Daybreak Games has gone from 8 community people to 3 to cover 7 titles.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

You have no idea what you are talking about honestly. A lot of the people here have guildies who work at DBG on both h1z1 and PS2 and others have contact with people working at DBG because they been covering their games for years. Everyone is talking about it right now.

Holly has not been fired, just got it confirmed by a guildie working on H1Z1 but he has confirmed that Fyreflyte has been cut because hes a friend of his. @Feldon.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2