1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Will Daybreak games shut down in 2 months?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Sweatypie, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Agreed. At this point, if i were an employee, there would be a list of reasons why I'd be looking to work somewhere else:

1. Insufficient funding to produce a quality product.
    2. Shady selling and marketing practices.
    3. Poor management
    4. Ties to a Russian investment company and its principals sanctioned for a long list of illegal activities.
    5. Epstein might not be Russian, but, he was and probably still is deep in it with those guys.
    6. An employer who is obviously in the process of trying to cover up a mountain of questionable activity.
    7. Uncertainty about if and when the ax is gonna fall.

I honestly hope DBG employees can find a different place to work, and sooner rather than later.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

DB just deleted this page from their website.

They are actually ****ing trying to hide their bullshit. What the hell. Do they not know how the internet works? LMAO

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Something DBG has completely forgotten for a while now....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Read this PDF file. TLDR for people who dont:

Information about affiliated companies

Daybreak Games may share your Personal Information for the purposes described in this Privacy Policy (except for direct marketing) with its parent companies, which consist of Columbus Nova Private Equity Group (“CN”) and any company controlled by CN that directly or indirectly owns fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding equity in Daybreak.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

That Massively thread is really starting to take off.

DBG"s decision to delete online content and patently lie about it was absolutely ****ing stupid.

Awesome entertainment, but wtf are you thinking level dumb.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Neiloch

Neiloch Member

LLC’s are usually registered by individuals even if another company made the purchase. Its kind of like when you get a company credit card with your name on it; yes it uses your name on the card but ultimately the company is liable for the finances. This is further driven home by the fact the address provided is of CN, not one of Epstein’s personal holdings.

Basically Epstein is the guy who filed the paper work and is managing Daybreak, that’s why his name is on it and not CN, just CN’s address. You will find a lot of LLC’s that are subsidiaries of larger companies filed like this.

It doesn't mean for sure CN owns Daybreak, but that paper work really doesn't change where things stood before it was found in terms of confirming or denying the legitimate owner. Well except for maybe if Epstein is the sole owner like they say it changes the story to them lying to some very important people about some very important paperwork for several years, not just some clerical oversight.

7. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

It is seriously like watching a train wreck - really bad, pretty gruesome, but you just can't stop watching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I just dont understand what they hoped to gain by deleting old press releases? Like do they think they can remove content from the internet?

I would just like to know who the idiot is and what he thought it would accomplish. Like what sort of brain does it take to make such a stupid, retarded, dumb, idiotic move and think it would in any shape or form make the situation better or more believable.

I just cant get that out of my head.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Game theory 101: people will lie if it's in their interests to do so.

Alternative scenario:

1. Epstein knows sanctions/enforcements are coming.
    2. Decides to bail on CN.
    3. Negotiates a deal with CN to convert a portion his ownership equity into assets like DBG that he takes with him.
    4. End of story.

Scenario #2:

Lie and try to whitewash all the evidence of the lie off the internet.

None of this is going to fool law enforcement, so it was about manipulating the public.

Only thing I can make of this is it's just typical of how they do things.

And if this is in fact some kind of game they are playing to maneuver around sanctions, **** like this is only going to make things far worse.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I found more wikipedia edits.

It would appear they have been doing even more Wikipedia edits that has not gotten them banned, this time directly from Daybreak games own hands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Columbus_Nova&action=history

Region: California
    City: San Diego
    ISP Organization: Daybreak Game Company LLC

I’m sure they are not affiliated in anyway. The least they could do was to try and hide it. Jesus christ.

I dont understand why they are so upset with wikipedia though? Why do they care? And why do they care about the Columbuc Nova entry so much they edit it twice?

So, so far we got evidence that some one from Renova group, Columbus Nova and Daybreak games (We have confirmed IPs from all 3 firms in the wikipedia logs) all the 5th of April and/or 6th begins to alter the history of Daybreaks ties with the Russian Oligarch, Viktor Vekselberg, who owns Columbus Nova, on wikipedia of all places. This just so happens to be on the day the US department of Treasury announces the sanctions they agreed with the European Union and Canada to enforce. Then after MassivelyOP released their article yesterday, they began removing old press releases of the takeover. Who ever did this obviously has no idea how the internet works, because everything is cached and once its on the internet, it never gets fully deleted.

But wait, there is more. On March 13, 2015, Daybreak releases a new Privacy Policy in which it clearly states:

Daybreak Games may share your Personal Information for the purposes described in this Privacy Policy (except for direct marketing) with its parent companies, which consist of Columbus Nova Private Equity Group (“CN”) and any company controlled by CN that directly or indirectly owns fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding equity in Daybreak.

This is not updated again until October 24, 2017, almost a month after the US starts talking about potentially imposing sanctions against targeted Russian Oligarchs. In this update, the ONLY change appears to be the removal of the paragraph listed above.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 5
  11. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

They also have another clause in their privacy policies live right now:

So, pretty much right there they are saying that no matter what happens, they are going to go ahead and sell all your personal information, in a perfectly legal (to DBG) manner, since they company is undergoing a re-structuring!

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Malleria

Malleria Member

Can't help but think of this.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Okay........the gaming blogosphere is now sniffing around this story.

Including H1Z1 sites.

I expect sarcastic Daybreak memes to start making their way around twitter soon. I mean, this is such low hanging fruit :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Man, Feldon....

There has gotta be a temptation to post just one more Wire article.

Your self control is admirable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

You don't know the half of it.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  16. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Ironically the article is mostly a hilarious summary of yesterday's news. Laura is a side note.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

19. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I found this article with her and the beginning paragraph says:

This week marks exactly one year since Daybreak officially unveiled its new corporate identity. Since Daybreak was acquired by Columbus Nova and broke away from the Sony umbrella, there have been numerous ups and downs. On the downside, Daybreak was faced with layoffs, the resignation of its president John Smedley and Planetside 2 creative director Matt Higby, and more recently the disappointing cancellation of EverQuest Next.
    It would appear she was evolved in PR, yes.

20. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Official forums had a post that reached 2 pages, but I guess Roxxlyy has woken up now so it's gone.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1