1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Will Daybreak games shut down in 2 months?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Sweatypie, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Can we still make ranger jokes? Or are they too much of a joke to bother?

Why did the ranger cross the road? Because the moss snake got him down to half a bulb of life!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Seriously, the ranger situation is so bad, I don't even know who to sacrifice for good loot anymore...

My raid crew made me stop sacrificing Guardians...not that we have those either...

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

To appease the range gods... rangers work best *giggles hatefully*

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Ahhhhh.....so YOU'RE the reason there's a shortage of tanks!!! :eek:;)

5. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Seriously I thought Rangers were pretty good for several years between the Hawk, Point Blank, and the mythical proc. Assassins meanwhile kept getting nerfed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Pouncer

Pouncer New Member

A ranger walks into a bar...

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT....

7. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I know. I tease. I have that holdover from EQ where for a good long while, it was more mana efficient to not heal the ranger and wait until the of the fight to rez them.

Some of the most fun non-raid encounters were a ranger and a rogue opposite each other, two druids (one was me) one for each 'tank' and an enchanter thrown in for mana regen and crowd control.

fun times.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  8. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Had a ranger guildie in EQ long ago talk about a LDON run with all rangers since no one was taking them. They took turns tanking and dps and healing and had a blast he said.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  9. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I remember being in my first raid a long time ago - we decided to go and kill the Windstalker Rumbler (we were all low-level). The raid consisted of 95% healers :D Needless to say, while no one died, it took one HECK of a long time to kill it!! We all had a huge amount of fun, though!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  10. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Looks like my next online home may be Fallout 76...

• Like Like x 3
  11. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Even comes out November 14. F*** you, Daybreak!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Feldon

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

Unfortunate and true. Back when online games were still a new thing, I remember mostly gaming with a lot of older guys who were laid back, fun, and good at what they played. Getting talented people together, getting stuff done and having fun was easy. Then the shrieking masses came and PCs/consoles took the place of babysitters, so now any form of communication and cooperation is just about dead.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Oh sure, take the fun out of it... ;)

Yeah, I guess we'll see how it goes then...

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Oh my gosh, I hadn't even heard about Fallout 76. I love Fallout and have been playing the various versions of the game since it first hit the store shelves. I am still playing Fallout 4. I don't normally go for survival games, but I might have to make an exception for this one. I might be an old lady, but I will do my best to give those little twirps hell lol :p.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Ever seen a mystic and a defiler duel?

That was back in my PvP server days. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

I don't recall them even finishing it. They just gave up.

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Heh. Reminds me of the time me and a guildy monk duelled as a demo for other guildies...

Got called after about 5-10 minutes :cool:

18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Some informative new reviews on Glass door.

One guy claims management wants to sell the company.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Feldon

Trying to get an e-mail confirmation from Glassdoor.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

No way of knowing if that person's assertion is legit or just speculation.

I'm gonna be real surprised if someone buys this company. They've made no investments in new tech for 10 years, they have a toxic management culture, and a terrible brand reputation. The titles have been gutted and accompanied by declining sales for years.

I thought some of the comments about management were funny. It seems they respond to employee feedback and suggestions the same way they respond to those from customers.

Seems to me, would far easier for another organization to poach dev talent and let management sink with the ship.

If someone buys this company, I would think it's going to be at a deep discount and come with a lot of head aches.

But, we can hope. Be nice to see Norrath spring back to life under more competent management.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4