1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Where to go to talk about playing EQ2?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Caam, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Oranorn

Oranorn New Member

Not at all true. Recent resolve issue is an example. The devs knew they messed up implementing that and came clean. They took a lot of abuse on Discord for it.

But yes, feedback usually looks like it falls on deaf ears and the ban hammer swings often when people become annoying to the devs or mods.
    I really do believe they are doing their best to listen to feedback and deal with problems (call me an optimist or bubble gnome or whatever).
    Also depends on the dev, some are better than others! I will say they all seem to be better now than in the past.

These days, their focus is mostly on end-game which may line up with your comment though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

In the forums, you're pretty safe if you express your opinions within the forum rules. In discord, if you're pointing out something they don't want to hear...
    I was perma banned for joking in healer forums during beta... something along the lines that my warden was doing okay but my mystic was off whimpering in a corner somewhere.
    I got a temp ban, once, when I pointed out that the priest ethereal adorn gave a group buff.. the EXCLUDED priests... I posted a screenie of the adorn proc and surmised that priests, apparently, weren't good enough to receive their own group buffs.
    Sure, the buff comment was a bit caustic, but that's some pretty thin skin.

And, yes, I have been a critic of many of the.. misguided.. changes/adjustments they've made to healing.. or tried to make. I back my opinions up with numbers and facts and keep my comments mostly constructive. (Sure, they should ALWAYS be constructive, but I get frustrated a much as the next person and I'm hardly perfect.)

I explained, in painful detail, why going to all percent based heals for all types of heals (wards, reactives, HoTs, direct heals, etc) would be a horrible thing for the game as a whole but especially for healers when they asked for such things to be sent via message in discord. When I didn't even receive acknowledgement of receipt, I posted them in the forums.
    During beta, I posted the normal vs debuffed heal numbers, illustrating that the amount of debuff varied wildly from heal to heal.. with the same healer, same target, same stats and the same zone. (some being debuffed by 30%, others by 80% and others not at all).
    I asked for information about how the healing debuff worked so healers could predict how their various heals would behave in the zones BEFORE the fight started. I was told the debuff is on healing recieved, not healing out and 'more potency = bigger heals'.
    While the former is interesting information (and explained some odd behavior I'd seen in beta) it didn't actually give healers any information we could use.. the later was pure condescension. For whatever reason, they expect healers to just shut up, push their heal buttons and not worry their little heads about numbers and mechanics..
    Imagine that kind of response and black box in response to dps questions about their arts and debuffs. Imagine the response if dps toons didn't know what to expect from their arts until they were in combat.. where it was different from the training dummy and varied from zone to zone. The response suggests that the devs 1) don't player healers, 2) don't like healers and/or 3) don't think healers can be 'serious' players who care about numbers and mechanics as much as those who play dps toons.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I really haven't had any problems on the forums in terms of reprimands. I just try to keep my posts neutral in tone, and I generally don't make any person the subject of my comments. The only time I've been banned I completely expected it, other than that, no adverse account actions.

That being said, I HAVE had posts deleted (with no explanation) when I have raised issues that DBG apparently doesn't want discussed on its forums.

Regarding discord, I don't use it, so I'll leave those assessments to others.

With respect to feedback, I'm hopeful they aren't just listening to it, but "hearing" what people are saying. I suspect that the newfound willingness to listen is being influenced by the reality of sales revenue - They no longer have the luxury of being over confident in their manipulation skills and believing they can simply ignore their customers.

Even if DBG doesn't give two rips about its reputation, Nantg probably understands that reputation is the single most important piece of information consumers (in general) rely on to make purchase decisions.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
  4. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Yup. When a ten-year defiler hangs it up...that was when I started my final exit, I guess.

5. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

6. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I am glad someone is having fun there still.

7. Lateana

Lateana New Member

I still play, but with much less enthusiasm than in the past. Frequently I log on just to catch up on crafting quests for my 110 crafters that weren't available in 2004.

• Like Like x 1