1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to intellectual honesty?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Benito, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Benito

Benito Banned

Mizgamer is correct. I shouldn't be baited. I'll continue this conversation after Tekka leaves. Adios.

2. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

No one is better than any one, that is my point. We can all agree to disagree without making it personal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Lols. You still got it.

4. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I'll poke around on the interwebs, then. I'm wondering how game performance, lag and whatnots, is doing. And if they've dialed back the loot crate shennanigans.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Benito

Benito Banned

You're right. I need to back off and re-center. My points are equal but valid. I need to get back on topic and let Tekka enjoy herself.

6. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Tekka is a wonderful person. I love her and all of the posters on these forums, even when we disagree. That is my point, but if you come across as combative and poke people, then you have to expect to receive the same most of the time. As JFK once said "No man is a failure until he blames another." I think indirectly, that applies to this circumstance.

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Benito

Benito Banned

My posts were fair yesterday. /shrug.

Tekka is trolling at this point. Don't feed the troll.

8. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Lots of hugs to you Benito, I really think you need them.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
  9. Benito

Benito Banned

Thank you Mizgamer. Honestly. I am better than people with negative minds.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

But you also won't answer my questions....
    Why do you choose to respond to those you say are trolling but ignore questions from those you say are reasonable?

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  11. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Dear Tekka

I've missed you so much. Just love your work. Here, have a cookie - you've earned it! (and Mermut, and Mizgamer, and Feldon, et al).

R

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

-perches on Kiwi head, munches cookie-

I'm still around. I don't say a lot because it looks like the game is still in a bad way and I don't want to pile negativity on top of that when some folks still enjoy playing.

I can appreciate their frustration and there's a bit of me that continues to cheer them on from the sidelines, even if sometimes I question their sanity (❤️ you, Mermut!).

You know me, though, I like to give the Bubble Gnomes the warm fuzzies, and make them feel welcome.

-hugs-

edit: grammar, I haz it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I knew these EQ2Wire forums had a small but active member base. I didn't know for sure that we were a "community" -- until this thread. Thanks all.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Dibs on the title 'Class Clown' or, you know, 'Village Idiot', whichever...

Seriously, though, I do have a special place for these forums and the members here, both present and absent.

15. Benito

Benito Banned

Thank you for the opportunity Feldon! You have been a gracious host (and mostly fair) moderator. :)

16. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I love you Feldon for all that you have done and continue to do for the EQ Community. Madly, truly, deeply. Thank you sir. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I think this may explain a lot ...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I didn't say anything at first when I remembered the name and how the person acts. I also remembered that I'm certain this is someone who has a small army of sock accounts and at least one guaranteed yes man ready to back them up. Since it looks like the first wave of angst might have run its course I'll throw in what will probably be my only comment in this discussion now.

Why would someone act like this? Attention, annoyance, ego, the lulz, stunning Dunning Krugar like delusions, etc. Who knows for sure? When someone is incapable of either being honest or letting go of having the last word it seems to me to be clear that they are not capable of having a quality conversation with anyone who might disagree with them or their narrative.

This particular handle started showing up on the official forums right around the time that a certain other handle was essentially shut down in debate and humiliated. Right around the time a plethora of sock accounts would show up for a comment or three simply to support the post or argument of certain people. All sounding suspiciously like different names with the same voice. Maybe that's coincidence, but the behaviors, the tone of the posts, the arrogance and persistence, as well as the style of communicating is eerily the same.

Regardless

Obvious troll.jpg

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure he had a bone to pick with me last year. Tekka's shady resurfacing reminded me of it, because she trolled me when it happened.

I don't really care. Once I decide a discussion is going nowhere, I tend to just move on.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  20. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

How NOT to have an argument:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1