1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to intellectual honesty?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Benito, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Benito

Benito Banned

I have a very inappropriate joke but I have my limits....

2. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I will think of him as a master debater... since he made reference to circle jerk... *evil grin*

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  3. Benito

Benito Banned

Tell Tekka to back off with name calling (bubble gnome) and Sweatypie with the accusation of mental illness. Tekka opened the flood gates of wit and humor for me. Call your dogs back.

Edit: You need to choose what level of tolerance (name calling in jest, slights) you can accept to keep this a fair and balanced forum. You cannot allow "your side" to name call or launch insults but expect me to maintain decorum.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  4. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Wit and humor? Ooooo, is that what this is supposed to be?

I mean, if you can't take a good natured joke... you're not afraid, are you? Of a little pet name like Bubble Gnome? Terrifying.

At least now you can report back to the other Bubble Gnomes, a few of whom have also visited here (Dannni and Breanna, and that guy who's name started with a U that failed miserably to intimidate me) that Tekka is still a poopie meanie head and Feldon won't kick 'em off, so therefor by the transitive property everyone on the Wire is a poopie meanie head. SSDD from the Bubble Gnomes.

For transparency sake: Feldon has spoken privately to me about something I posted exactly one time. His forum, his rules, no hard feelings.

I kind of imagine there ARE times when he'd like to tell me to hush up, though...

:D

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Benito

Benito Banned

I can handle the exchanges (I've actually enjoyed it) but Feldon wants it tampered down.

I don't want one arm tied behind my back while you or Sweatypie are free to level insults. Because I want to level insults back! ;)

I don't appreciate people talking behind my back (2018, offline personal attacks) mostly though....

It's all good nature depending on ground rules, etc.

6. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

There is nothing, at all, good natured about comparing anybody to alex jones and info-wars.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  7. Benito

Benito Banned

People have a different sense of humor. The joke was a slight to his theories (not him personally).

And some people actually like/agree with Alex Jones. He's not Ted Bundy or Osama Bin Laden, or other pernicious references.

8. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Alex Jones is human garbage and was rightfully deplatformed from Twitter. Anything else you'd like to know?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Benito

Benito Banned

Amen Feldon. There are two real pieces of trash in the media: Alex Jones and Massively OP.

10. Feldon

I'm getting whiplash.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Feldon

You said EQ2Wire folks were "in a bubble". You've told people to "seek professional help" on the official forums. Every example of "bad faith" on our part, you have yourself participated in. Behaviors you've taken personal offense to, you've also committed. You've claimed we alone have "unclean hands".

Literally nobody here has censored you (Ignoring is choosing to disengage from an entire conversation -- not the same thing). Nobody here has in any way restricted what you can say. I haven't edited one of your posts. Yet in every case, you've chosen ad hominem attacks or magnanimous intellectual grandstanding, or claiming that as we do not have ironclad first-person evidence from the offices of Daybreak Games, we cannot ascribe any motive or draw any conclusions of our own. That's not how this works.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Benito

Benito Banned

Did I use the word bubble? And do you think my characterization (seek people who only agree with you) is unfair when this group moves as a monolith?

I won't ask for forgiveness for the "unclean hands" remark because people here (not you) did prognosticate the end of Daybreak/EQ2 on these very forums but have the sense of entitlement to preach on the official forums.

I did not call anyone beta (preceding clause "according to zerya"). It was a joke (beta wolf vs. alpha wolf) because wulfgyr (tradeskiller) responded to zerya who called anyone who doesn't top parses: "beta af."

I was fine with accusations of mental illness, name calling until you wanted it tampered down (removing the level playing field). My previous references 'to seek advice from family, friends, or a professional' (to a kind-hearted foreigner like Alarra) was benevolent and earnest.

I thoroughly enjoyed my exchanges with Tekka. You can't have it both ways (some level of censorship). I mean you literally reacted against me first and not Tekka (even in 2018). Does it show bias? Maybe.

13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

People in these forums do NOT 'move as a monolith'. We've had lively discussions in the past with people disagreeing... and doing it in a civil and reasoned fashion even.
    Yes, these forums tend to be more critical of the game that the official forums. That is largely because past moderators on the official forums would delete even calm reasoned and accurate (ie backed up with specific examples) concerns and criticism. Entire posts that did not violate forum rules would disappear without warning or acknowledgement (no PMs and no responses to PMs questioning why this or that post of mine was removed).
    It is refreshing to have a moderator (ie dreamweaver) who actually moderates with an even hand and doesn't delete posts that don't violate the forum rules (so far as I've noticed at least.)

Back on your topic. What, exactly, is your complaint?
    Please do not reply with 'jokes' or 'friendly insults'.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Could you direct me to where Feldon has stated he wants it tampered down?

Franky for me to find what you say to me insulting, I have to value your opinion on some level, and up to this point, I don't. Feel free to try and change my mind. And if you're amusing yourself, well you don't rate a circle, but it's something.

I don't know who is saying what behind your back. That tactic falls flat with me. If <person> doesn't have the grapes to say it to my face, I don't have the f*cks to give about what <person> thinks.

Wrong again. Ground rules have nothing to do with the intent of the person posting. It's only good natured if the person posting presents it in what is generally accepted as a good natured fashion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Benito

Benito Banned

Suddenly Tekka decides to take the moral high ground.

Glad for it!

16. Benito

Benito Banned

You're a fair poster Mermut. I've never received an insult from you and I think I've treated you accordingly.

These forums have a history of closing rank (i.e. responses to me this week and in 2018). Even a perusal of the forums shows a lot of back slapping, etc. Perhaps the disagreements are in regard to degrees of criticisms. It looks like a monolith to me at least.

17. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Nope, nothing about what I posted has anything to do with a high ground or morality, now stop deflecting.

Point to where Feldon has told you, or anyone, for that matter, to 'tamper it down'.

I believe the colloquial term is 'put up or shut up'.

I'm throwing down that gauntlet, not Feldon or anyone else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Benito

Benito Banned

There's a difference between "useful conversation" and initiating a hostile attack ("bubble gnome", "tuck tail"). You are free to use the words "bubble gnome" and level challenges like "tuck tail" if Feldon will allow me to respond in kind. Apparently, he chose to censure me first because "[I am] not here for any kind of useful conversation" but its hypocritical when, a handful of posts before, his buddies (you) decides to engage in anything but a "useful conversation."

So don't all of a sudden be a saint....

19. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Again, improper use of words. The online dictionary is free.

Feldon didn't censure you, nor censor you.

He's allowed to have, and express, his opinion - even disapproval - about your motive for being here. Nowhere did he state, that I can find, that you can't use whatever language you like - provided it doesn't break the publicly posted forum rules.

Nor do I see any hypocrisy, since in no way has he indicated that my posts are useful conversation. (hint: they're not, but they are useful).

It indicates an unfortunate fragility that you find the use of the term 'Bubble Gnome' as an initiation of hostile action, or that you've found a challenge to 'tuck tail' in what I've said, because there is a challenge present, you just seem to have missed it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Benito

Benito Banned

I may be the worm on Starship Troops but Gillymann may be the Alex Jones of EQ2.