1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to intellectual honesty?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Benito, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Now he's started a PM dragging me and Dreamweaver into it, like a cat dragging a dead mouse into the kitchen, proud of his kill and expecting a reward. He honestly thinks he's going to get me banned and come out smelling like a rose.

Dreamweaver has worked hard to try to turn the EQ2 forums around from where only sycophants were allowed to post, to something more balanced where those with legitimate criticism are able to be heard. Yet Benito seems to have taken it upon himself to try to undo that work. Actively sabotaging the forum moderator, yet expecting favorable treatment, is a bold move. I wonder if it's going to work out for him.

I expect that Dreamweaver, who is likely already totally over the endless bullsh*t, derailing threads, personally attacking other members, engaging in wars over two forums, and just plain unnecessary MOUNTAIN of work he is creating, is going to look at the p2w thread and decide that enough is enough. I expect that on Monday morning he's going to ban one or possibly both of us for 3-7 days.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  2. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I say what I need to say, then issue a Good Day.

The reason I won't 'continue the debate in PMs' is because that is a really sleazy tactic to employ. If I want to carry on the conversation with others, I will talk around or about, but not to him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Feldon

He wants to talk in PMs. Picking a favorite STD sounds more fun.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Benito never wants to discuss the topic in PMs until he sees overall opinion turn against him in the thread.

He then points the finger at the 'EQ2Wire Gang' and accuses us of bullying and harassing him, with a call to continue the discussion in PMs.

When that doesn't work, he calls for Moderator intervention directly, and also appeals to the readers to report any posts he doesn't like to the Moderator and continues the insistence for PMs.

The Reason He Wants To Move The Conversation Out Of Public View: Once the Event Horizon of negative opinion has been reached, there is a need to quash the exchange. If it moves to PMs, then he's no longer actively being made a fool of, and if it comes up later, he can just claim it was resolved privately.

I didn't fall off the interwebs truck yesterday, I know how this nonsense works.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Ahhhhhh Dannni....that's why Benny-baby's posts sounded so familiar (until I put him on ignore, of course). Same 'voice'.

Edit: I do wonder if Dreamweaver stops by these forums and reads the vitriol Dannni/Benito has posted. I certainly do hope so!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

The sad thing about him, well, there's a lot of sad stuff about him, but the thing that actually makes me feel sorry for him is that he can not let it go. Put him on ignore, he'll snipe from other angles. Thoroughly trounce him in a forum exchange, no you didn't. Ban him and he'll just try making other accounts to get around it. This is not, I believe, just because he's a jerk. It's because he's compelled to. He may not even fully realize what he's doing.

So IP ban him or whatever final solution a forum has and be done with it. That's what I'd do, but I am a jerk myself.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  7. Feldon

Dreamweaver seems to be opening the door for us to have open and frank discussions about the state of the game. Benito vociferously denies there is anything wrong with EQ2. It's a massive distraction and as long as people who are trying to have a useful discussion keep butting up against this noise, discussions are going to get derailed. He won't address anything head on, because he doesn't actually know the stats or numbers. He plays EQ, not EQ2. I don't know the solution to his continued monopolization of the EQ2 forums other than continued warnings until he gets it, or a ban.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 9
  8. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Not to be arrogant, but.

I like to think my sudden reappearance on the OF, first in liking posts I agree with, then poking into a few threads, has contributed somewhat to his current meltdown.

Even though I haven't been rude to him, or even overly confrontational.

Hm. This might be why I had a Bubble Gnome Fan Club back in the day.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

He's just ass hurt he got banned here so now he's trying to get some of us banned there. It's that simple. He's the definition of impotence. {de-phallused - Ed.} I mean he is without substance. Frankly he's boring and I can't believe I'm still talking about him. I'm over it. That's the last I'm going to mention him. At this point bigfoot is more real to me than Benny.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I just got done reading some of the messes left on the OF. I almost made a post, but I kept quiet and maintained my integrity. I've long been a pretty firm believer that the official forums for a game (or whatever they're using these day) are a good indicator of the health of the game and its community. If I were a new player to EQ2 and went sifting through those forums for an idea of what the game was about I'd never make it to downloading the client. As an old player I just feel like my decision to not play was reaffirmed.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I was ignoring him for awhile, but the problem with that is he'll take something I said and change it/misrepresent it.

Pisses me off and I wish Dreamweaver would just deal with that ahole.

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Huh.

So apparently disagreeing with Benny-boy is 'constant toxic slander'.

Shouldn't it be 'constant toxic libel'?

He says he's waiting for Dreamweaver, and yet he's made 4 posts attacking Feldon, Fuli and myself specifically, and the 'EQ2Wire Gang' nebulously.

I repeat. Huh.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Feldon

Dreamweaver this morning.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  14. Nawtey

Nawtey Member

Some people just cannot be reasoned with. And sooner or later, reality rears up and slaps the ever-luvvin' **** outta them.

(can't get the video to embed for some reason - probably need more coffee)

Note: Only 1 flat-earther was harmed in the filming of this video - but hey, the earth is round and gravity still works!

I think a lot of folks on the OF have lost the rose-colored tint to their glasses since the launch of BoL.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I did a quick scan of the 5 most recent locked threads - 2 in Announcements, 3 in General.

Guess what 4 of the 5 have in common?

• Shocked Shocked x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I firmly believe that at this point they are actively trying to make the game unprofitable as possible so they can justify cutting the lights off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. RhodrisNZ

I've thought that for at least a couple of years now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. RhodrisNZ

I see the 'Ignored Member' is back on the OF.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Feldon

Yep our vacations ended today.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Feldon

Posted this. Not sure it will last.

eq2_group_content2020.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2