1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

VENTilation shaft.

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Lojask, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Typos in the game bother me to no end. I remember in AoM or ToV there was an item that triggered a server announcement that had a typo in the name; I was at home playing when I saw it and immediately remoted in to my work machine to fix it. :p

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Uyaem

Uyaem Member

I've played the typo called Troubador (instead of Troubadour) for years. I feel you. ;)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Lojask

Lojask Member

It's been surmised that we will need level 10 to finish the epic... if so then that's just.... ugh. This time dependent gating is tiresome, and I am going to lose interest before I get there. I've already dropped some days of collecting scrolls and am behind the curve. I don't play any of my alts now, whereas before I hopped around a bit more and had fun switching out classes when I got bored of one thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lojask

Lojask Member

The level 100 TS requirement has finished me off. I have all my toons at 100 crafting, but I feel that the conflation of adventure and crafting here is not at all fair. More time sinks to disguise the lack of content - the only things I am able do in game right now until I get past that 'next ascension level barrier' is to run old content to make sure I have prereqs done. I clicked cancel on my membership. I have other things to be getting on with, so I'm going to go knit baby blankets and clothes for a new arrival due in the family.

5. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

yep, confirmed. level 10 ascension required for finishing.

6. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

congrats on the new arrival

tbh taking some time sounds like a good idea. good luck, hope you enjoy the time!

• Like Like x 1
  7. stach

stach Member

Try the mage epic, the starter was found and people started running it, they said no raid zones, one of the items is in Fabled Deathtoll, which if you not a casual player is a breeze, but had to go find my friends to help me out. The item everyone is stuck on now, is on one mob in the KP Contested, that is now camped 24/7 by the top end guilds, the response from Kander. Basically oops that was suppose to be moved to a instance. Sorry we will fix it after 1 Jan, for now suck it up.

Stach

8. Lojask

Lojask Member

Basically I feel like anything from Kander's keyboard is going to be a lie now, so I ignore it. I've deleted my 'official' forums bookmark, I've deleted my eq2 desktop shortcuts, and I've stuck my head in here to answer some pms but apart from that, meh. I've lost all enthusiasm, and I realized last night, it's not burn out at all. It's the fact that I feel like I've been massively ripped off, and I'm mad about that. I want to play an mmo. I want to engage with a game, but I don't want to engage with something that treats me, a paying customer, with contempt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, Kandar spent a fair amount of time the last two days helping scouts with their stuck step.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lojask

Lojask Member

Which is commendable, but doesn't help the mages, and for me, doesn't undo what has already been done.

11. stach

stach Member

exactly, at this point I don't even care about the mage epic, for the lucky few that get through, they are having all the fun trying to figure it out, but for the rest of us, oh friggin well. and now there is a 50k faction that can only be done once a day....forget it DBC not worth the trouble.

Also if you can't get groups this expansion is basically over, by now

12. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Kander jokes. Kander has ALWAYS joked with the players and tossed out red herrings. I don't understand why normal behavior is suddenly disrespectful, mean, whatever. People pointed out that many of the 'riddles' were straight off riddle web-sites, etc. Just because it's about epic 2.0 doesn't make it different or worse... Just because you 'care' about what is being joked about this time doesn't change things.

On a side note, I think requiring tradeskill 100 for epic 2.0 is a poor decision even though all of my toons TS. This is not a 'DBG is always right' thread.

My mage is having 'fun' grinding out faction... I never got faction with the gilfaye out in Thalumbra because mindless kill quests for no reason execpt faction with a faction that offers NOTHING is not the way I prefer to spend my time, so none of my toons ever bothered and with so many mages doing it now, it's a real pita. I don't ascribe such things to malice or nastiness though.

13. Lojask

Lojask Member

I don't know that about Kander. I don't know him personally or otherwise, never interacted with him or talked to him, so for me it's not old or normal behaviour. Not all of us know the history of everything to do with EQ2 or the nuances of the devs.

14. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

As a new player just beginning this expansion... The hunt for an awesome weapon is fun, if the content you are doing is relevant and something that the entire server is behind.

Gating new players and forcing them to grind faction they will never use for anything else is just plain stupid game design in my opinion.

I heard lots of story about how awesome the 1.0 epics were because it was involving and you did so much of the expansion content. So far the impression I get from just buying and playing the game is that its a pretty lackluster game right now, with recycled content that no one will ever look back to. It seems like a band aid to create a selling point and a cheap way of doing it.

No, no its not. Its heavily time gated, clues are no where to be found, you are forcing people to level a crafting character and people who didnt play X expansion might get shafted and have to return to grinding old faction that they have no use for other wise.

Retarded and dumb game design from start to finish. It doesnt even feel engaging whjat so ever at this point and I honestly dont know if I can make it to ascension level 10 with the otherwise lackluster content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Elyana

Elyana Member

This is a very interesting read, and I thank you for the link. I also feel that there is an even larger burn out that is affecting us all, and that is DEV burn out. Caith coming off sarcastic, feeling trolled by hints of where epic 2.0 is, ect all come back to people being at the end of their fuses. We offer sympathy to our fellow players all the time for the effort and time put into write ups, or pushing to complete X content, yet the devs get sour grapes from us, even though their workload and the sheer volume of what they have to do far exceeds most of ours.

Yes, this expac has me feeling depressed and overwhelmed by the sheer volume of things I need to do to even be able to do heroics with my new IoR toon. When I step back though, and take a deep breath, I realize that Rome was not built in a day, and that I need to eat this mammoth elephant one bite at a time. If nothing else it gives me something to do since I cannot even help kill the heroic mobs needed for the epic until I get better geared up =p

Getting back to my original thought on Dev Burnout: if you push someone to work as hard and as long as these folks do, then ask for more blood, sweat and tears, eventually they will have nothing left to give. I admit concern for their well being and their mental state.. because right now their work environment is super toxic thanks to us, the players (myself included =/). I just hope that they soldier through this. These larger than life people we get to interact with on discord are amazingly talented and I would hate to drive them to a point where they just want to punish us for our constant whining and nagging by making content that feels impossible.. oh wait.. maybe they have? I mean, seriously, think about it. Does this feel like fun or like being made to write "I will not diss the devs" 5000 times on a chalk board? Maybe its time we all take a chill pill, devs included, and get back to putting the FUN into EQ2..

There is always next expac!

• Like Like x 1