1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Updating EQ2U for Blood of Luclin

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Feldon, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Since I am continuing to give you work I might as well tell you that you can't upgrade epic 2.0 to Celestial quality so that part can be removed when you are not working on a billion other things. :D

Also, at least BLs still show 101 (Warder's Ferocity) and 105 (Savage Rake) abilities. Warder's Ferocity has a II version that is not displayed on eq2u at level 120. Savage rake level 105 is also obsolete.

2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Most Beastlord stuff being abilities is a real problem. We may need to just do a bug stomp where a few players join Discord at a scheduled time and walk me through all this crap.

3. Feldon

Bone on Kaladim reported a bug where Gear Report would not display guilds on their server. This resulted in an unexpected deep dive into another longstanding bug which I have now fixed.
    • Fixed an esoteric bug with Gear Report when viewing guilds where if there were no matching characters in the last batch loaded from Census, the page would fail.
    • Fixed Gear Report to accept level 70 characters for Kaladim. When the level cap goes up, someone needs to e-mail me!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Feldon

At long last, EQ2U's Quest Journal v2.0 has been rolled out!!

As we all know, there are hundreds of quests which have been removed from EQ2 over its 16 years and it's been frustrating for players to nonetheless see them in checklists. With the updated journal, you'll notice that hundreds of quests are now hidden by default as they are no longer available in-game. This was a tremendous amount of effort to implement so that I can now grant users the right to mark quests as expired and give a reason why, and this information appears on the site.

Thanks to Pijotre and his wife for providing the bulk of the data used to mark removed quests. Expired Quests is the first user-moderated feature on EQ2U. Possibly one of many.

We've also done a rewrite of the Filters to correct some longstanding wonkiness. And I've changed the default category to Signature instead of Access Quests. It always seemed silly to me to open the Quest Journal in a category that hasn't been relevant since a few years after launch.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. Feldon

Thanks to Drasinius who has already reported 2 quests to be expired, which I confirmed and then flagged.

6. Feldon

At long last, the ACT Loot data we get from Dedith's Dragon's Armory site is now more closely integrated with EQ2U Collections. When viewing a Collection, we show all the zones which which have been reported to drop the collectible items within.

eq2u_collection_zones.jpg

I have many more plans for EQ2U Collections.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  7. Feldon

Blood of Luclin quests are now available on EQ2U!

I scraped the data using my QuestCrawler bot and then players graciously stepped in to hand-tag them with name, category, level, etc. Tremendous thanks to Alarra, Mermut and at least 2 anonymous players for your hard work on this! There are still some missions left to add as those got changed after the expansion came out.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Feldon

It seems Census is a bit up-and-down and this may be the new normal.

I don't know when I will get around to it, but I'm thinking of adding a status readout on whether Census is responding or not. I could check every 10 minutes. Obviously I have to keep it general, but just knowing that Census is A) Up and B) Characters are exporting from the main server seems useful.

• Agree Agree x 4