1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

They Break Winter Extravaganza?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Liv, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

His/her response to you shows (s)he either lacks fundamental reading comprehension, or is being deliberately disingenuous.

I mean, technically I guess it's an answer. It just doesn't address anything in a meaningful way.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

His/her response was entirely about spinning a $300 gimmick offer into a $200 station cash purchase + $300 gimmick sale.

Upsell, man!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

At this point I think they're just flailing wildly. Either they're clueless or incompetent. Someone should take their keyboard away before they do more damage trying to do damage control. The internet never forgets and all of that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Watching DGC right now is like watching Trump's twitter feed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

The internet may never forget, but remember, they have no problems editing various sites to fix their spin... at least till someone on Wikipedia reverts it, or someone else posts a history of pages from the wayback machine /nod.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

It's still there. Mepps replied to it.

I will give Mepps credit for engaging the criticism and responding, even if it's mostly spin.

No post deletions, thread locking or bans. That's nice to see, at least.

7. Julesholland

Julesholland New Member

Agreed, it disappeared temporary for me, dunno why. I may think bad thoughts about them but at least they talking

8. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

They do appear to have more stones than the rest of them.

However, I take exception to being called a liar, then told to shut up when I produce evidence to support that I'm not lying. Or rumormongering.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  9. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Give it time... Roxx will probably come back and edit it/ban you/delete thread when she has a moment free.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Reading the latest Glassdoor reviews ...... little hints being dropped that revenue problems may indeed be a thing.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

My take on it is that someone in Daybreak needs to make a magic number or else :)

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Its crazy lol, hence I had to resurrect Muttley again:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The informative themes I'm getting from Glassdoor reviews over the last year or so are:

(1) There is nothing of note in the pipeline for future development.

(2) The emphasis seems wholely on extracting as much money as possible from existing assets; right now.

(3) Management has no clue what they are doing.

(4) Nice co-workers. The snacks are great.

(5) Do NOT work for this company.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
  14. omuteef

omuteef Member

First off let me say im a long time reader and avoided lover of the site Feldon you did/doing great work here. I only hope when pantheon comes out you will have time and interest again to do the great work you once did for EQ2/

First lets take a step back to 2015 SOE needs to unload its online gaming. Columbas Nova buys it why? because it is an investment firm and they take companies that are not not preforming well, buy it for a discounted price strip down the work force make it semi profitable then sell it between 4-5 years later for more then they paid. You can also say that the Russians needed a way to launder money into the hands of Trump but thats neither here or there.

Since CB bought he company they have drastically reduced the work force by a huge amount and saved millions a year in fixed costs. I havent spent much time looking at the total number of people laid off since 2015 but im sure its well over 200 and if you X that by an average salary of around 50K thats around 10 mil a year in savings. Making the whole company look even more profitable.

Now i can only talk about EQ2 as thats the only game i have played but in the past 3 years + that have turned the game into a huge huge P2W ......why balance classes when you can add ascensions? so that people can pay to upgrade them, lets add mercs and familiars and mounts that need to be upgraded as well why so you can pay to upgrade them. They realized if we cant get our members back by fixing all the things that are wrong lets just squeeze the loyal out of what ever we can while we can.

This brings us to the latest in cash crabs lifetime memberships... its a brilliant plan to insert a cash flow into the company at the fiscal year end. Its also a win win for daybreak. With SUBS declining over the last few years this guaranties them that they have 4000 worth of subs for 2.5 years as even if those players stop playing they still have there cash. Whether or not EQ2 sunsets or not its not in any way a problem for CB as they will most likely sell the company by 2020.

Its a major shame that it has all gone down the way it has. The only small small saving grace is that when CB is ready to sell that who ever buys IP understand what they need to do to fix it.... if they can.

there was a DEV that got canned awhile back and posted a reddit about things to come from daybreak. I cant find it now but from what i remember it has mostly all come true.

I loved this game 10 years and got me through 2 divorces and will always hold a place in my heart but it has turned into a big pile of trash and that makes me sad.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I just glanced at the official thread to see if I'd been censored and if there was anything new and interesting there. I read a post that, once again, gave me the impression that someone(s) have been taking old and perhaps abandoned accounts to troll or propagandize on the forums. This particular account only has 5 posts, 4 from 2017, and the most recent one doesn't quite mesh with the first 4. I know I'm prone to paranoia, but this isn't the first time I've noticed similar things happening and it makes me very curious.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

This was my favourite part of the glass door reviews lol. Listed as a pro :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I wonder what John Smedley would think about this.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

March 2015 -- 140
    April 2018 -- 70
    December 2018 -- 70

280 x $50k = $14m

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

SO! Apparently when one of the DBG mouthpieces with a red name calls you a liar, you're not allowed to defend yourself (WITH EVIDENCE) or you get one of these:

Mark as Unread Leave Conversation
    1. Mepps Community Relations

New
      Tekka
      Error | EverQuest 2 Forums

One or several of your recent posts have been determined to be inappropriate and violating the forum guidelines. Further violations may result in additional warnings and restrictions on your forum and in-game account access.

7) Abide by moderator direction - If you disagree with a moderator or employee's actions, do not discuss or challenge the matter in forum posts. Contact a member of the Community team and clearly state your concerns.
      Mepps, Today at 10:12 AM Report

They can publicly call you a liar, but you don't get to publicly clear your name. TOTES LEGIT.

edit to clean up formatting

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I was gonns look for that infamous reddit post as well. The PS2 Arena thing rang a bell, and I'd like to look at it again.

• Informative Informative x 1