1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

They Break Winter Extravaganza?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Liv, Dec 18, 2018.

1. omuteef

omuteef Member

The fact that people where trying to buy more life time subs and couldn't due to them being sold out is what im going off of.

I see no "lifetime" sub as an option in the subscription page? Or does it reach 4k limit already?

seems so. yesterday there was a message with less than 400 left
    Beee, Dec 24, 2018

2. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Playing Devil's Advocate:

They can turn that off and on at a whim. So there is no real way to know the actual numbers. Take their word for it, or don't.

It's interesting speculation, either way. And another mile-marker in the nosedive both the company and the franchise appear to be in.

3. Neiloch

Neiloch Member

Daray got in touch with me on discord saying how he logged on to check general chat, apparently people in-game are eating it up thinking the lifetime sub offer is the best thing ever. Maybe this was that 'popular demand' they were talking about.

• Shocked Shocked x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  4. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Then you obviously missed where they "Extended" the offer. If I go to "All Access Plans", on my account, I see Lifetime Sub for $299. As well as the "Mepps Advertised And Advocated" 12 Month Sub with BONUS ITEMS for only $199.99... Buy the Special Mepps Sub first, then the Lifetime, and you get BONUS DBC!!!! WOOHOO!!!

They "Extended" the "Lifetime" offer until (at least) "December 31", and claim to only be offerring another 6,000 "Lifetime Subs".

... ETA...
    For that matter, there is no actual proof the 4000 'initial' subs sold out. Any two bit, late night, infomercial salesteam would have had an actual countdown, not just generic announcements "Warning, 0nly 2000 left... Only 1000 left... Only 500 left...... Er, We are going to keep offering it!"

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 3
  5. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

The concept of "scarcity" of a purely informational thing is the joke of all jokes. And yet...folks go for it...

• Agree Agree x 5