1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Season 2 EP1 Kanders Candor + Caiths Class Update

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Alarra, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I'm relieved that I have no idea what any of this means.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

I'm assuming it means there's some new p2w gear/merc/familiar/whatever that they're adding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I assume the same. Whenever I see the word 'crate' I ignore it as a total irrelevance. I just wish they'd stop throwing the stupid things in my face when I hit the button for my monthly DBC. I don't want them!! :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

There are people in some of the top 10 guilds that spent over 8000 dollars trying to get the new item (its a static stat buff for mounts). The old crate item sells for 30 krono (was a fervor and health percentage to the stats you have at any given time for your level 10 familiar) and the new p2w mount item these guys are buying for 50 krono.

And these top guild players still jump on anyone on discord that says the game is p2w. Like, people are spending 50 krono and you have the nerves to say the game is not p2w.

Some of the people in these top guilds are crazy folks.

Also another 24 hour downtime has been announced. (EQ1 says even says 36 hours)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    • Shocked Shocked x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

I wouldn't say crazy.

I'd say sad. I mean, spending $8,000 to get a p2w item for 20-year old game that's got innumerable bugs, stability issues, and a recent lack of meaningful content. Reading that a second time I'd go so far as to say pathetic, even.

For that amount, they could get a top of the line gaming rig, and pay for years of subscription time to something slightly newer like Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy, GW2, or even WoW. Let alone used 1/8 of that amount on a pledge for Pantheon, or to try and get into one of the pre-tests for Ashes of Creation or something.

If they can afford it and it brings them joy, more power to 'em. But how much of it is actually joy, and how much of it is they've allowed themselves to becomes captives, institutionalized to believe that only by being on top, by being that big fish in EQ2's little pond, will their life have any meaning?

It seriously feels like I'm watching televangelists take advantage of the local old folks home at this point. *shakes head*

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Ayup. Any enjoyment in this game was long ago displaced by the digital Skinner Box, designed to exploit addictive impulses to drain money out of their victims, rather than deliver an enjoyable experience. This is beyond gambling, Daybreak are effectively drug pushers now. It's disgusting and I hope to God it all burns to ash.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

EQ2 has become a heaping, stinking pile of garbage.

People spending $8k on lottery crates so they can have the biggest epeen, and doing it for a game this bad is a cry for help.

• Agree Agree x 7