1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Scout Epic 2.0 Research & Discussion

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Administrator, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Trin

Trin New Member

2. Lyric

Lyric Guest

I have done the whole city quest line. The archetype quests in the city. I have the jewel from Nek. I have clicked on the Bard door in FP and the Rogue's Den door in Qeynos. Still Nothing. I have no idea where to go next.

3. Atheas

Atheas New Member

What about checking in Kelethin or Gorowyn for doors that are similar to those in Qeynos/Freeport? Like maybe we are supposed to be "sneaky" scouts and find these doors within our home cities and also within our "enemies" cities as well?

4. Anghammarad

Anghammarad New Member

Today I went through Everfrost, Frostfang and parts of old Zek, I have seen nothing similar to Priest/Fighter.

5. Dabb

Dabb Guest

Lets start looking for an NPC or a item, gotta try something else

• Like Like x 1
  6. Adevil

Adevil Guest

Kander confirmed that Scouts have the same pre-reqs as priest & fighter. December 27 @ 2:22AM EST on Discord:

Druantia - Today at 2:06 AM
    someone tell Kander to give us scouts and mages 10 zones each to look in
    or at least confirm we have the same prereqs as fighter / priest classes!

Kander - Today at 2:22 AM

same pre-reqs

Those were consecutive posts. Only a gigantic smiley was removed. Discord and this forum seem to size those very differently.

Caith's hint for scouts late on the 26th was:

Caith - Yesterday at 9:57 PM

Be more scoutish

• Like Like x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  7. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

hm.

so helpful.

Definition of scout

intransitive verb

: to explore an area to obtain information (as about an enemy)

a : to make a search : to work as a talent scout

transitive verb

: to observe in order to obtain information or evaluate

: to explore in order to obtain information

: to find by making a search

So... basically, keep looking? nice.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Tsoth

Tsoth New Member

...or something requires stealth to see

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Hamster

Hamster New Member

Ok. I'll give you this. All 4 starters are similar in their construction. They may be different in execution. © Kander

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tsoth

Tsoth New Member

ok, here is my supposition:
    there are caches similar to the priest/fighter ones
    they are in different zones (i.e. look in overland zones like theirs are but not the ones they were found previously)
    you need to be stealthed to see and interact with them

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Inire

i'm betting that you need to be stealthed and SEE stealth and be in the opposing cities.

EQ2U - Item Details - Vision Totem of the Cat

pop a few of those and stealth around in the opposing cities... see what you see.

12. Dabb

Dabb Guest

Similar in construction, not a cache maybe but a room-building? Different in execution, not clicking boxes or crates but talking to certain people inside those places... or scenario 2 just finding objects or NPC's...scenario 3 .... haha man idk

13. Dabb

Dabb Guest

and yes I can go with the see invis/stealth too, thats pretty "scoutish" Scout is just that, sneaky, quiet, reconnaissance, surprise attacks, witty, charming...and a thief

14. Dabb

Dabb Guest

So basically NOT ZONES but lets scout for objects and or NPC's

15. Tsoth

Tsoth New Member

Ranger stealth grants see invisible. I assumed it was the same for other scouts.

16. Inire

hm.

it does, AFAIK none of them grant see stealth? but i may be wrong. can't hurt.

crap, put on sonic vision too if you want LOL.

17. Kaytos

Kaytos New Member

In Freeport within the Academy of Arcane Science building there's a book on a table in front of the teleport trainer that has red music notes coming from it .. using that totem of cat btw, pretty sure the notes were never there before if a scout wants to check it out :)

18. Xyno

Xyno Guest

@Kaytos: I checked this book in the mage tower. It´s nothing. At least not for scouts. Nevertheless thanks for the hint.

19. Balcerak

Balcerak Guest

To me being 'scoutish' would mean to use tracking. I'm still at Ascendency 3 though :(

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sixxstring

Sixxstring Guest

the book with the notes was for the first trouby epic..... it explained hints and people you needed to speak to for the quest line.

• Informative Informative x 1