1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Scout Epic 2.0 Research & Discussion

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Administrator, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

sure.

but a lot of questions are around "what are the pre-reqs for getting this quest" or "why can't I see the tunnel for the priests" or "why can't i see the helmet for the fighters"

this will help answer those questions if the answer has to do with quests completed.

note that Kander has confirmed above that in fact there are pre-reqs required.

2. Inire

3. Emoss

Emoss New Member

Well that is interesting that there will be a Heroic version and Mythical version of epic 2.0's.

4. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

So impatient! I'm adding them by hand.
    It will show as Unknown.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dabb

Dabb Guest

scout only bag in Nek Forest /waypoint -855, 59, -1340 contains a ruby keystone was disco'd Nov 19th by non lvl 100 ranger

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Xyno

Xyno Guest

Anyone saw this chest in Chardok before?

[​IMG]

7. Xyno

Xyno Guest

This NPC in Rilis seems to be new - at least he is not on my map.

[​IMG]

8. Edrickx

Edrickx Guest

The chest in chardok holds the key to the gate nearby. U had to kill named and loot chest to progress to the next area in chardok. Note they have the same names as the doors.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Fairin Avatar

Fairin Avatar New Member

ruby keystones in vermine snye and crypt of betrayed[​IMG]
    just a thought, we scoured it some 4 or 5 of us. didn't find anything of note. but there it is.

10. Dabb

Dabb Guest

Ok yall, enough with all this lore, Kander said in Discord today stop making it so hard, its not LORE, its as simple as "Archetype...go back to your roots." So with that said start checking archetype scout trainers and stuff we did when we were born, scout specific stuff. There is NO pre-req to start it, if you are 1.0 ready and lvl 5 ascension, you are ready.

11. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Then why do we have zones that some 100/5 folk can see but others can't?

12. Trifonic

Trifonic New Member

most likely they are for later in the quest as has been suppositioned many times in discord. Take some time and effort and read up instead of typing down.

13. Dabb

Dabb Guest

Exactly, Kander said everyone is WAY over thinking this, and trying to LORE it out. Yall probably been finding stuff like he said thats later in the quest some already have pre reqs done some dont is why they can see stuff...ARCHETYPE guys, think simple and roots

14. Inire

Here's today's tidbits from Kander, with some notes from Tetsu since i missed some of the screenshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, the quest starter is either in the Isle of Refuge (called the queen's colony or the outpost of the overlord, reachable on live from the world bell at the CL docks) or it is in one of the original starting cities, Qeynos, Freeport, or may be in the first Kunark added Gorowin or Neriak.

Shouldn't take long to count out the Isle of Refuge (and seeing as how he clearly said "keys to the city" i'm guessing that he means the starting cities).

15. Inire

16. Tetsu

Tetsu Guest

17. Therania

Therania Guest

They talked about a scout cave located in fens on discord chat. The entrance should be on one of those two rocks (in the water!) next to the fens docks. I'm not sure if someone confirmed it yet. Would be nice if more scouts could go there and check!

18. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Posted this in the other threads, thought it might apply here (edited to remove fighter references :)):

After Kander's mention of archetypes and going back to the beginning, guildy mentioned the city questline with an archetype sub-questline and they wondered if that was related.

I went back and finished it tonight (on my fighter). Check the hidden cache: boom, it's there for me now. I'm interested in seeing if others can corroborate.

Questline for baddies: The City of Freeport Timeline
    Questline for good folks: The City of Qeynos Timeline

Be sure to do the full questline, including the archetype sub-questline.

(Credit goes to my guildy Marrj for making the connection with the city/archetype questline. :))

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  19. Ahmassar

Ahmassar New Member

I'm sure our quests work the same as the other archetypes. Seeing several fighters I know have started it now just by completing the city timeline and fighter quests, it must be the same for us.
    I've done all quests and are currently flying around looking for caches.

20. Dabb

Dabb Guest

same here, the first req is doing your city timeline to get the achievement Agent of Freeport/Qeynos (Kander clue: back to your roots), then archetype cashes...post any locs yall find