1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Roster missmatch API issue...

Discussion in 'Census: Planetside 2' started by AuntLou42, Jun 20, 2013.

1. AuntLou42

AuntLou42 Guest

Posted this in the PS2 forums and haven't received any help so I thought I'd try here...

Looking for the SOE API master here that can help me with this issue. I have a list of players that show up on the API but not on the actual in game roster. I would like these players removed from my API roster if at all possible.

Outfit: The Forty Deuce
    Server: Connery
    Players showing on API but are not really in the outfit:
    BhigD36
    Channing
    CrossdressingPRV
    Jax123
    Jigsaw717
    KurosawaSP
    roych
    Tonsixers
    VilyanKVere

If a forum mod could forward my issue to someone that could help with this I would really appreciate it.

2. Feldon

Feldon Guest

Please post the URL or URLs where this data is appearing. Or e-mail data-feedback (at) soe.sony.com.

3. AuntLou42

AuntLou42 Guest

4. Feldon

Feldon Guest

So are those characters that quit the game, or left the outfit for another outfit?

In EQ2, characters are listed in the last guild they were in the last time they logged in. So if someone quits the game, they will be shown in a certain guild forever even if they have long since been removed from the guild. It's kind of a problem.

5. PhillyMojo

PhillyMojo Guest

6. Feldon

Feldon Guest

It would be great on both the EQ2 and PS2 sides to see a monthly cleanup of some sort.

7. AuntLou42

AuntLou42 Guest

Yes please!!!!! Especially for PS2 where API stat gathering fan sites rank outfits on their averages. I have 9 players lowering my averages and they are not even in the outfit. I'm buying a drink at SOE Live to whomever can remedy this! :D

Louey

8. AuntLou42

AuntLou42 Guest

Also I just noticed the other day I have players on my in game roster that don't show up on the API roster.

9. AuntLou42

AuntLou42 Guest

Any updates on this getting fixed? As the list grows the stats that the fan sites pull for my outfit become more and more inaccurate.

Louey

10. airmetforums

airmetforums Guest

I've emailed the game devs begging for a bug fix and some cleanup. I've also got some census voodoo that might help you in the meantime. The c:join command is new and powerful...it gives the ability to basically do a join (or inner join) against another collection. The url below will join the outfit_member collection to the character collection. The outer:0 at the end tells the system to do an inner join i.e. remove any outfit member rows that don't have a corresponding character row. So it filters out any deleted characters! It is more db queries and processing than a simple query to outfit member, but in the mean time it might solve your issue

http://census.daybreakgames.com/get/ps2/outfi...limit=5000&c:join=character^show:name^outer:0

11. AuntLou42

AuntLou42 Guest

Seems like sites like PSU and Outfitpoints have it all figured out. They use the new API and my rosters match now.