1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Recipe Levels are missing on census?

Discussion in 'Census: EverQuest II' started by Chillispike, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Chillispike

Chillispike New Member

Hi!
    Posted it on daybreak forum as well : [API] - Recipe Levels are missing on census | EverQuest 2 Forums

Since the recipe levels are missing on census .. how can i get which level the recipe is to craft an item?

As far as i figured out now:
    If the recipe book level is higher as the item level => Recipe book level = Recipe level
    If the recipe book level is lower as the item level => item level = Recipe level

I think that is closest i can get to get the actual recipe level.

2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I keep missing that there are new posts here. I have added a "Watch Forum" so I should get an e-mail and notification every time there is a new post. :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. Feldon

Ok here's your post from the official forums:

My understanding is Recipes don't have a level. The Recipe Book is what has the levels and classes on it. If I look at the Recipe Book you linked, I see this data:
    Code:
    <alchemist displayname="Alchemist" id="9" level="1"/>
    <provisioner displayname="Provisioner" id="1" level="1"/>
    <sage displayname="Sage" id="8" level="1"/>
    <carpenter displayname="Carpenter" id="3" level="1"/>
    <jeweler displayname="Jeweler" id="7" level="1"/>
    <tailor displayname="Tailor" id="6" level="1"/>
    <weaponsmith displayname="Weaponsmith" id="5" level="1"/>
    <woodworker displayname="Woodworker" id="2" level="1"/>
    <armorer displayname="Armorer" id="4" level="1"/>
    So we know that until Tradeskill level 10, you are an Artisan.
    And until Tradeskill level 20, you are either a Craftsman, Outfitter, or Scholar.

But if I search Census for Recipe Books that require Artisan, Craftsman, Outfitter, or Scholar, I get 0 results:
    http://census.daybreakgames.com/s:e...?typeinfo.classes.artisan.displayname=Artisan
    http://census.daybreakgames.com/s:e...einfo.classes.outfitter.displayname=Outfitter
    http://census.daybreakgames.com/s:e...einfo.classes.craftsman.displayname=Craftsman
    http://census.daybreakgames.com/s:e...?typeinfo.classes.scholar.displayname=Scholar

If I do a c:distinct on typeinfo.classes, I get 9 tradeskill classes and 26 adventure classes. I do not get Artisan, Outfitter, Craftsman, or Scholar.

I have no proof, but this suggests to me that from level 1-9, you are secretly a Provisioner, and from level 10-19, you are secretly a Provisioner, Sage, or Weaponsmith, but the game displays it as "Artisan", "Craftsman", "Outfitter", or "Scholar". Just a hunch with no way to verify.

@Endymion do you remember how this works?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  4. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

I don't, sorry. :(

5. Chillispike

Chillispike New Member

It should be that way but defo it isn't.
    There are 2 "main" things
    - normal crafting book like Tailor essentials and so on
    - event crafting books like nights of the dead

Normal crafting books are like hmm let's say level 49 can do imbue chest
    The chest is level 40 or 42 but not level 49 like the tradeskill book, but the recipe has the same level like the book.
    Some are "off" as well coz the recipe book is like 79 but you can crate level 80 things with it.

Sooo i think to guess it, it should be like:
    Is the recipe book higher then the item level take the Recipebook level as Recipe level
    Is the the Item level higher then the recipe book level take the Item level as Recipe level

The event ones are "awfull" most of them just require to be level 0
    but they create items that are level 1 or even 30
    The guessing above doesn't apply allways for all items :/
    It seems to be recipebook level 0 and Item level 30 but the recipe is level 29.

6. Feldon

Well that's confusing!

recipe_level.jpg

I don't see anywhere in the Census data that you are able to find out that the level of this recipe is 30.

7. Chillispike

Chillispike New Member

yup that's what i meaned with my question :( the recipe level is missing on census :(

8. Feldon

And the sad thing is, I never caught this in the tens of thousands of recipes I imported from Census. I just used the recipe book level. My recipe importer is the most convoluted thing ever. Of course I wrote it before I knew we could do c:join.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chillispike

Chillispike New Member

I build an sql database with all that census information to handle the double item names .. but yes that one requires quite some searching though the information :).. Still that one 1 information is actually missing on census :(

10. Feldon

I have a script that tries to find example itemids of recipe ingredients and then marry them to the recipe components table. It doesn't always succeed. The problem of course is that EQ2 will accept either an itemid or a items with a matching classification as recipe components.

On ZAM, you would get a list of valid components. EQ2U shortcuts this and displays a "recommended" or best ingredient for each component. This really only affects old recipes that will take "liquid" or "malachite" each of which can match multiple components. Where we run into limitations is the old Drunder recipes which will take ANY piece of armor of a specific class. We have no way to recognize multiple itemids for 1 component.

Every approach to displaying complex information has its drawbacks.

We had an amazing system setup for Loot and had invested months of coding and several days working with the Code side and then the rug got pulled at the last second by the Design team. They said they were afraid of misunderstandings. I think exposing the data would have actually reduced them. And it would help us find and report bugs. ZAM showed flat percentages which was unintentionally misleading. We were going to do full breakdowns.

11. Feldon

"492 unknown/missing recipes which have been reported on characters, yet do not exist in the EQ2U Recipe database"

:(

Do I wait til the expansion or...

12. Chillispike

Chillispike New Member

let me check how many items are created with recipes are not part of a recipe books .... (file search of 186000 excluded spell scrolls and coin purses take a while)

13. Chillispike

Chillispike New Member

903 items are created with a recipe but no recipe book as the recipe in it.
    Some are old items and some are quest items
    For example "Coffee Cake"

14. Feldon

All the old subcombine recipes are still there. I have a blocklist of over 800 recipes that I do not import. That's probably the majority of what you are finding.

• Like Like x 1