1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Producer's Letter: Expansion 17, Beta and Preorders!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

Is it an indefinite/permanent ban?

I'd say I can't believe it but unfortunately I can.

2. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

I had been holding out hope that an actual revamp and class balance pass would inject enough breath into the game that I might come back, even if only at the pleb 'standard' edition, so I can goof around a bit. But alas.

Of course, even if I wanted to re-enter the game, the launcher is broken, so it's not even possible.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Having tripped over that thread that shows exactly the same thing happened 2 years ago you would think that they would have implemented a backup plan back then to avoid it happening again. Yeah, I know, you're all going for the 'optimistic' button ...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

DW did mention a name at some point when somebody speculated it might be Cloudfront. It isn't. Something like Highwind?

5. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

CDN providers are a dime a dozen.

6. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

In which case DBG are almost certainly using the cheapest - and it shows.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

I don't think there's any way to tell. Under RadarX, I had a temporary ban. I only know it was temporary because I kept trying to log in. After a week, I was able to log in and found a note saying that I had insulted someone. Of course there was no clarification as to the insult and, of course, I couldn't read the note telling me about the ban until I was unbanned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

Naturally. A CDN not working is a clear case of "but you only had one job to do" though... If you can't D the C, how will you ever have customers at all? And days long issues? Please... those customers are long gone and they're not coming back. And continuing to do a **** job of fixing your problems isn't going to act as some siren song to call them back, either.

Come to think of it, this sounds a lot like Daybreak itself -- is the CDN run by Columbus Nova too? Wouldn't be surprised... :rolleyes:

9. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Highwind is correct as far as the CDN goes. Is anybody really surprised everymfingthing is broke? And you don't ban people for saying the truth even if you don't like the truth. At least you shouldn't. Also, I'd bet money the CN owns Highwind.

10. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Man, those forums are stuffed full to the gizzards with dumb right now. <Generic Thanksgiving turkey analogy>

• Like Like x 2
  11. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

I bet that they forgot to pay the CDN and all that is needed is for the check to clear so they can switch the service back on... o_O:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Mitigation boosts for Wardens, accuracy for druids, health and power increases for in-combat rezzes for druids, all accuracy, recovery speed, casting speed and (non ability specific) reuse speed from every single class....

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

So basically, their AA revamp and balance pass consists of a adding a dinky amount of fervor damage and nerfing/eliminating abilities that made classes unique.

Exciting.

P.S. Are you playing the beta, Mermut? 'Cause I'm wondering if you're playing beta...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

The AA revamp should really be called the Simplify and Scale update.

Pretty much everything that was somewhat unique, is now just increasing the effectiveness (Fervor) of the ability by X%

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I simply can't believe just how many more people appear to have done the 'delete and whine' trick overnight. Why are so many people so quick to do something that should be a last resort as a first option?

16. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Why delete, don't they know they can "move" the folder, or at least make a copy.
    The problem is with the CDN, it isn't going to work if they delete their files, it is content distribution network related.
    They just need to sit tight until it is fixed by the ops/CDN.

17. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

It's not just fervor damage, fervor has a different meaning in the context of the AA revamp. From the notes:
    Why they didn't find another way to describe it when fervor has been pretty well established elsewhere, I don't know.

18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Thanks for clarifying :)

I'm glad to see they're remaining loyal to the playbook by adding unneeded complexity to an uninspired and mostly usless "balancing" scheme.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Well exactly. One label for several different functions is never a good idea in any environment.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

You know that, and I know that ... :rolleyes: