1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Producer's Letter: Expansion 17, Beta and Preorders!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Honestly, the best move they could make to try balance EQ2 now would be to merge all the sub classes.

Bruiser/Monk - Just have a Brawler.
    Ranger/Assassin - Just have Predator

They clearly can't/won't balance 26 classes. Why not take that down to 14 and cut your work in half. Oh wait, spell sales. That's why.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Me either.

They have to know the game performs terribly within raid enviromments and eq2 raiding is not all that special.

I really believe it boils down to: (1) Kander, (2) It's the cheapest content to produce, and (3) raiders spend money in the shop.

I mean, is it really possible that they've convinced themselves EQ2's competitive advantage in the market place is raiding? That all they have to do is funnel the casuals into a casual raid, and Wallah! Those casuals will fall in love eq2 raids?

Edit: Wait. I can totally believe Kander would believe that, because.....Kander.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 6
  3. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yup.

I can remember the pre-launch sales pitch which basically said that EQ would remain the raiding game and EQ2 would cater more for casuals and there would never be any pvp in EQ2. I cheered at both concepts - if only they'd kept their promises :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

We should have had 14 at launch instead of 24. I've never understood the terrible idea of splitting almost every EQ class into 2. Now with the extra 2 you'd have to go down to 16 since you can't combine pally and sk or necro and conjy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I spend more money on Best Fiends than I do both EQ titles combined. That's including subs and expacs.

6. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

That's because the entire game is so hollow and broken to the core, the only thing people have left that is even remotely fun is looking at numbers in a 3rd party application (ACT) to feel good about playing the game and to win at that game you are forced to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars a year.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I think it was the idea of the good/evil factions and adding those flavors to the classes. I dunno how it was at launch for pve, 'cause I rolled on a pvp server. The only way to mix factions for groups/raids on pvp was to go into exile and stay there. That was actually kind of interesting, because exiles could build superior raid forces, but they were also open season for both factions.

It was also frustrating though. Take rogues for example. There was no comparable Q side alternative to a brigand.

Did the pve rule set always allow the two factions to group/raid?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

And now you're forced to do heroics and get achievements in order to max your AAs. If someone had asked me for ideas on how to kill a game, I don't think I would have been able to come anywhere near the crap that is now EQ2.

AA Prestige Tree Removes spells at commit | EverQuest 2 Forums

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  10. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

I don't think so. When our casual EQ guild moved from Quellious to Permafrost at launch, we had someone that really, really wanted to play their favorite class, necromancer. I seem to remember it took a couple weeks of him jumping through hoops (I'm think the betrayal quest, before there was an easy walk-through guide or wiki) before he could group & raid with us. Long enough that he'd rolled an alt to help out on Q side guild events.

Unless I'm getting mixed up with Vanguard, which was comparatively close together. This was also in the midst of a fairly heavy deployment schedule, which definitely doesn't help my memory any. :D

11. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Meh, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a vacation after my latest post. I'd say it's a dumpster fire over there, but that would be an insult to dumpster fires everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

You could group regardless. The issue was if your GH was in an opposite city faction than you were then you had to navigate your way there carefully. I played an Assassin at launch with a "good" aligned guild stationed out of Qeynos. It wasn't like WoW. It kept the same basic grouping restrictions, which meant there weren't any, as EQ1. Anybody could group with anybody as long as you could get to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yeah. I just couldn't believe that when Siggy posted it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yep. Getting through Nek forest without taking a death to get to your group used to be quite an achievement. :) We moved our guild over from EQ and had plenty of toons in both cities and the only issue it gave us was getting together given the original convoluted travel restrictions.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Remember life, pre-Griffin towers?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Oh yes. And I remember building the griffin towers :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Popcorn Popcorn x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  18. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

She's really something special. Bless her heart.

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I see what you did there. You called her a moron in southern.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1