1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Producer's Letter: Expansion 17, Beta and Preorders!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Haven't touched the heroic stuff yet, but the solo/overland zones seem pretty nice to walk through.
    I see parts from previous expacs, but it seems more original than usual.

Although I did see some feedback about the instance zones being a copy paste of the overlands with different mobs or some such.
    I digress I still haven't fully climatized yet so I am still looking with new eyes.

It is better than BoL in terms of the after release experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

From what I've read I get the distinct impression that that is not a tough improvement to make :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Now, now, just because the bar somewhere around mid-calf for a hafling....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I'm thinking ankle height on a gnome with Ricketts.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Have you spotted the latest apologist yet? S/he is busy chiding us all for whining instead of doing our bit to HELP daybreak sort everything out. It doesn't seem possible to convince them that for that to happen DBG would actually need to WANT our help ...

• Fishy Fishy x 1
  6. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I almost spit out my Dr. Pepper.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  7. Feldon

eq2-trying-to-help3.jpg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I don't know who they are making the game for any more.

I bet that most players past and present feel the same way.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I see posts from people for more than one game that leave me convinced that there are some who simply won't let go of the game they've been playing for years. Most of their friends might be gone, the game is almost unrecognizable, maybe the game is no longer even fun, yet they won't leave. I hop games regularly, but I've been playing games for 40ish years now. I think a lot of these people are not even really gamers. They just don't want to let go of that game they used to love. It's a bit sad unless you're a bean counter for a crap company with a zombie franchise that needs feeding.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  10. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

EQ1 and 2 are both, and have been for some time now, social media platforms above all else.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Well said. It is really sad all the way around.

12. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Me personally, I still enjoy EQ2, but they haven't gotten a cent more than expansions from me in the last year.
    When it sunsets I have a decent backlog of GoG games to enjoy.
    Which MMO do you find fun nowadays Castegyre?

@Feldon
    Totally agree about the helping them bit. You got pretty burnt in that process too.

One thing I learned, never tell them something is overpowered with a class otherwise they will take the ten tonne sledge and smash that class to pieces. Never balance.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  13. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

It appears that mercs will wiggle their wrists instead of their butts when attacking mobs (now with an 80% chance to wiggle said butt instead of 81%):

upload_2021-1-27_1-42-57.png

14. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I've been playing SWTOR for the last several months. From time to time I play a few hours of CoH. I'm taking a break at the moment to give Divinity: Original Sin 2 another try. I'm getting burned out on the traditional MMO scene. Hopefully something more sandboxish comes along that I enjoy.

15. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I'd love a sandbox game, except people keep taking a dump in the sandbox. My home's been various private servers (ARK, Minecraft) for quite some time now.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  16. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

The Problem with this expac is after the BoL Fiasco you expected something better.

The " Major " AA Revamp and class balance is a complete joke. One can't believe that Kander and Caith thought they would get away with it. Players /Raiders either already left or wait for their subs to expire.

Another big bummer, and i said this before, there is ONE Dungeon (Vex Thal). The Solo /Heroic Dungeons are rehashed parts of the same overland zone. The same goes for the first Raidzones.

Crafting is still a cluserf*ck" but made worse with Pattern needed for crafting.

The latest joke is Harvesting and "RNG upon RNG Upon RNG" needed for Raidprogression. For those not familiar you need super rare special Crystals only found during shadow harvesting for progress.
    That means every 2 hours for 30 minutes you have a go at finding them. You can increase your chances with swirling orbs.

There were "Horror Stories" of Raidforces forking out 500, 600 up to 800 Dollar/Euro in Krono for those items just to access the next Raidzone. That would make it the most expensive Zone in EQ2 history.

If the next GU is not addressing those issues and bring in more content you will see Raidforces loosing a lot of players.

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I'd almost buy the base expac just to harvest the crystals and sell them.

18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Take the money from farming crystals and plow it into the next Reddit swarm on hedge funds.

I like it!

• Fishy Fishy x 2
  19. Feldon

This team used to turn out 3 dungeon "themes" with 2-3 zones spun off each theme. You're making me wonder if the folks in charge of the purse strings are looking at EQ and EQ2 and saying "EQ has 3x the customers, but EQ2 customers consistently pay more even with less content. Attention Environment artists and Designers! We want you to put 60% of your effort into EQ."

20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Could be.

My bet is that they're continuing to try and shoe-horn casuals into raid content because that's most profitable for the company.

So..... they're starving the non-raiders of casual content. I mean, they've been whittling away the casual stuff for 5 or 6 years.

Really, if this is indeed what they're doing, they ought to just throw in the towel and call it a day. It's a stupid strategy (for all kinds of reasons), but especially in light of how incredibly poorly the game performs during raids.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021