1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Priest Epic 2.0 Research & Discussion

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Administrator, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Rosena

Rosena Guest

Afaik, I haven't talked to any new NPC's prior to entering the cave.
    But a few days ago, I did the complete Minotaurs?Minotaurs! heritage questline and you talk to a fair amount of NPC's in different zones throughout, maybe that had something to do with it. I wasn't ascension level 5 then, however.

2. Lojask

Lojask Member

Should we be looking at the dragons? Many of the Ring of Scale are in Ethernere (Vesspyr), and I'm going through HQ's and Sig lines and am doing the Vesspyr one at the moment and I am thinking hard.

The fighter cache has something with the text 'visions of the slumbering one' which many people are taking to mean Kerafym. Kerafym betrayed Harla over Jaled, and Jaled's shade is back in the PQs. Jaled was betrayed by Trakanon. So our themes of betrayal and death are here. However currently doing A Mark of Awakening, and the Book of Sacrifice says that Harla also slumbered:

Harla Dar shall forever be known for the passionate love she held for her brood. Her mate left his position among the ranks of the Claws of Veeshan, abandoning her to the cold wastelands of Velious. Though she watched with pride as her first child, Phara, led the new and upstart faction of dragons, she continued to care for her newest hatchling, Fraka.

For her undying loyalty, Harla was rewarded only with betrayal at the hands of Zlandicar. He stole and devoured Harla's child in a fit of gluttony. Her great heart slowed and she slumbered until He came calling, for her sacrifice was almost too great for the matron to bear.

I'm going to do Zlandicar timeline soon to see what that has to give me by way of lore.

As every, my knowledge of lore is shaky, I'm just throwing ideas at the wall to see what sticks.

3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

One of the toons I listed, Hypozeuxis, is my husband's. I don't think he's done any searching. I brought him over to check if his toon could see it and it could.

4. Noviets

Noviets Guest

Has anyone that is able to see the cave NOT have these factions maxed:
    Maj'Dul Citizens (Desert of Ro)
    The Lyrech (Faydwer)
    The Windgazer (Kingdom of Sky)
    City of Paineel (Sentinels Fate)

From the 9 people I checked these were the constants of what they have that I do not, in terms of Faction and I am unable to see the cave.

5. Therania

Therania Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2016
  6. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

If I have to go back and try to max Maj'dul I'm just going to give up. This is getting ridiculous.

7. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

Here's today's tidbits from Kander, with some notes from Tetsu since i missed some of the screenshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, the quest starter is either in the Isle of Refuge (called the queen's colony or the outpost of the overlord, reachable on live from the world bell at the CL docks) or it is in one of the original starting cities, Qeynos, Freeport, or may be in the first Kunark added Gorowin or Neriak.

Shouldn't take long to count out the Isle of Refuge (and seeing as how he clearly said "keys to the city" i'm guessing that he means the starting cities).

8. senneth

senneth Guest

He tells me to get lost.

9. Iuwene

Iuwene Guest

10. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Posted this in the fighter thread, thought it might apply here (edited to remove fighter references :)):

After Kander's mention of archetypes and going back to the beginning, guildy mentioned the city questline with an archetype sub-questline and they wondered if that was related.

I went back and finished it tonight (on my fighter). Check the hidden cache: boom, it's there for me now. I'm interested in seeing if others can corroborate.

Questline for baddies: The City of Freeport Timeline
    Questline for good folks: The City of Qeynos Timeline

EDIT: Be sure to do the full questline, including the archetype-specific sub-questline.

(my inq isn't asc5 yet, so I can't confirm on him yet)

(Credit goes to my guildy Marrj for making the connection with the city/archetype questline. :))

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  11. Lojask

Lojask Member

I've just done the timeline on my Chan, nothing yet.

I am wondering if I'm being stiffed though, because I racechanged from barb to iksar, and some of the Qeynos npcs aren't keen on me because of it.

12. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Did you do the archetype sub-questline as well?

13. Ersa

Ersa Guest

Make sure you've done all the archtype and city timeline

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ravenlook

Ravenlook New Member

Just to verify u'll need to complete both archetype and city timeline, i only finished the archetype timeline then went bk to the cave and still couldn't c it, i then found out i haven't finished the city timeline, went bk and finished it and the bk to the tunnel/cave and finally could c it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bursck

Bursck New Member

The city/archtype timeline seems to be a prerequisite for the priest Nek cave, but it doesn't seem to directly lead to a 2.0 Epic starter. I've completed nearly every quest in the game and the city timeline NPCs do not offer me anything new. I also get nothing different in the cave examines than what was posted here earlier.

Based on that, the "archtype" get back to your "roots" comments from Kander may be related to completing the questline, but I'm not sure it's related to picking it up in the first place.

Else where would the archtype line continue if not the major city NPCs (Antonia and Murrar in the case of Qeynos) or the priest guild?

I haven't spent an insane amount of time looking but I've searched the newbie isles, priest areas in all the cities, zones associated with Fear/Hate, Qeynos timeline NPCs, Thalumbra and OF and a lot of original Kunark. Yep, obviously a "simple" quest starter.

If it'd be useful for folks, I can post zones as I check them. With nearly 8000 quests completed, I should be able to at least rule out a missing prerequisite for folks. Of course, I might miss hovering over some pixel or something...

Bursck

16. Ersa

Ersa Guest

I'm thinking the dialog we get when clicking the items in the caves are clues to the next part of this.

17. Ersa

Ersa Guest

As great as the forum is for sharing info, it's been suggested to me that we make a priest discord channel to brainstorm. What do you guys think of that, and if it's a go, how do we create one in discord?

18. Lojask

Lojask Member

Working through the city timeline now, so this is probably it for me.

I think the cave is in the middle. The issue is, whether the starter is an actual journal quest or an invisible quest.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lojask

Lojask Member

Sorry, I really don't like discord other than vc with the odd person so I'm not in for that.

20. Lojask

Lojask Member

Can we access any suburbs outside of doing the city timelines?