1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Priest Epic 2.0 Research & Discussion

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Administrator, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Gaealiege

Gaealiege Member

The GD mobs just require multiple healers and the patience to sit around for 7 minutes per encounter kill. When I killed it, we had a defiler, fury, and inquisitor to make the healing reasonable.

2. Medousa

Medousa Guest

Right, I knew that. We had Defiler and templar originally. That lasted 7 minutes with over 20m HPS. The last try we upped to 4 healers (yes, I know the heals don't overlap) for curse, arcane cures, rezzing, and to fill in gaps on port healing. We got them to 70ish % before we wiped with over 25m HPS. That is beyond absurd.

3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I did it with SK, warden, mystic, swashy, briggy and wizard without any charms. Sure, it was chaotic, but we all ran back to the stone area the mobs spawned at every time and it wasn't too bad. Fighting next to the basin meant that nobody got ported terribly far from where we were fighting so the run back was short and most people were still in range of heals.
    We did all have fear immunity from the Bottle of Endless Courage, but that was the only 'special' thing we had.

4. Gaealiege

Gaealiege Member

It could be that you're not meeting resolve checks too, Medousa.

I believe all of the epic quest fights require HM heroic resolve. That is 290 or so.

5. Medousa

Medousa Guest

251 by myself. We were well over that in the group.

6. Gaealiege

Gaealiege Member

Hmm. Could be that he fight was broken from the patch then. I'd have to ask around, but I'm pretty sure we didn't parse 25 million hps during our pulls.

7. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

No joy for shinies in Skyshrine, the 'in the past' version.

8. Medousa

Medousa Guest

When did you do the fight? I am talking since the patch on Thursday. Pre-patch you could charm, post patch it is a cluster-f**k and unkillable.

9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I killed it before the patch, w/o charming. My group DID use a charm on the Moors guys, but not on the cleansing trios.

10. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Seeress Ealaynya Ithis's Prophecies: Book Two
    was discoed by somebody with a locked profile on Maj'dul today. Volumes 1 and 3 have been in the game forever and we go our clue in the 'den' of the seeress, so this looks like the update we likely need to see our shinies...
    It seems the 'bound' portion of our clue may have meant book binding.

11. Iuwene

Iuwene Guest

The 3 mobs in Ykesha are still charmable as of Jan 8th.

12. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

The mobs are charmable at teh start, but not after.

Also, a two group raid I was in got wiped repeatedly doing this.

Two. Group. Raid.

13. Calamoor

Calamoor Guest

We just took down the three mobs (Kragis the Zealous - healer, Chirgon the Spellsinger - mage and Tarkas the Brute - tank) and our group makeup was Beserker, Templer, Coercer, Ranger, Troubador and Fury (me).

Our first attempt we tried several tactics but could not overcome the constant heal-ups they performed. We did try separating the healer from the tank and mage and found one of them (mage or healer) would end up routed and the Brute ran back and forth, almost like transferring the power being drained from us by the mage to the priest. After 20 minutes with no success we evac to the start and decided to read up on this forum. Hmm... charming the mobs...

So back we went, this time I used my fury charm (Charm Creature - lvl 10) to lock down the tank and pull him away from the other two. The Troub in our group kept the healer charmed as much as possible and while all in single focus we went after the mage. The mage's AOEs were now hitting the nearby charmed healer so it's health fell at a steady pace. When the charm broke on the healer, it healed up a fraction both the mage and itself; the fighter meanwhile being out of range was still in the high 90s only due to my minor AOE attacks. We eventually killed off the mage, released the healer then killed it and finally I released the tank and we killed it. This final attempt took 14 minutes to complete.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Gathered from Discord Chat. credit to various:

For Awakening Bonds: Whispers of the Past
    A message was left for me in the Tomb of the Seeress...
    Seeress Ealynya Ithis's Phrophecies: Book Two - Castle Highold (Heroic). Book on bottom shelf at loc 127.48, -87.60, -186.49. Kill the last guy in the zone.

Now collect shinies
    Collection is found in Phantom Sea, right off the docks, red shinies, trackable.
    Just Hook it, and start gathering, found all 6 there.

Once you turn in your shinies you can read the book

Not sure if it is confirmed, but there is a suggestion that the HQ A Source of Malediction is required for some of the further steps.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I've confirmed the location of the book and the shinies. I'm still not sure about the HQ, because I've already completed it on Jamisia.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

The next part has 4 prophecies we need to decipher
    From scattered chatter in discord one next updates is in the Priestess Court
    1: The gray mouths of fear whisper of the flames of the first children
    2: Enemies incensed unlock the sands of time for The Ungod.
    3: The living dead can see the vessel the emerald spirits have hidden.
    4: Moltor's hand will grip the Dog Lord's blade.

From scattered chatter in discord:

The update for 3 is a skull that dropped of a sulite luna in the Priestess Court of Living Tombs
    CONFIRMED: Killed a Sulunite Luna at /wa -133.73,-4.64,107.79
    Item recieved: Mummified Sulite Skull.
    Examine it more closely to get a conversation.
    [​IMG]
    Go to Lost City of Torsis: Reaver's Remnants. Solo works
    In the back in the secret room is an purple vase thingie /wa -5.59,-5.15,-1224.73
    This gives you Vessel of Rak'Ashiir

The update for 4 is somewhere in blackburrow... I wasn't able to find details but it sounds like this one may have the pre-req of A Source of Maldiction
    CONFIRMED: /wa 7.5,-15.54,73.16 in Blackburrow.
    You must have Paw of Opolla in inventory to open the chest.
    The item you get is Blade of Chirannis

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Calamoor

Calamoor Guest

Just finished watching a Necro, Warden, Assassin and Wizard take down the group of 3 nameds in Moors. They didn't do anything but keep the group together and the necro was basically doing the tanking and of course, dps the mobs into the underworld. Took them about 10 mins to do the whole battle. They had some really great gear on along with being part of a raiding guild so they knew their stuff.

18. Gaealiege

Gaealiege Member

With a warden present, they almost certainly charmed one of the named. You basically trivialize the fight if you charm one.

19. Ebur

Ebur Guest

Step3.
    after you get the quest ... klick the middle stone... see pic.

3.step.jpg

20. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Update for prophecy 2: Enemies incensed unlock the sands of time for The Ungod.

/wa 11, 9, -34 in mara for incense. Found by Astfer of thurgadin

It doesn't update the quest, but it seems to be like the skull for part 3.. a step along the way.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1