1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Other Games....

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Fuli, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I would wonder if there would be a guild formed in AoC called [The Bulldozers]
    Their Slogan: Come to blow down your house like da bad wolf yo.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

LOL. I enjoyed some PVP in eq2 during DoV. It is fun as long as you aren't the only one dying and you have other people to play with.

I haven't taken a good look at AoC to be honest, just a couple of the videos you shared @Fuli so I can't say much either way at the moment. It looks fun, but will have to see how the AoC community does its thing.

Recently moved to hiatus mode on EQ2 atm since the guild I was a part of went into raid hibernation mode this expac, and also just need to get stuff done in real life.

3. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I'm actually ok with losing a house from time to time. MMOs need more risk and consequence, at least from a role playing perspective, to give the expereince more weight.

From a non-rp perspective, F that.

4. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I got gifted New World so I've been playing in the current final beta (wipe before launch). Honestly I'm liking it so far. It's a lot of what I like from other games in a nice package. Another option for my play time, always a plus.

As always, individual results may vary.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

This instantly escalated into a PR disaster for Activision-Blizzard. I suspect WoW will take a decent hit, but well, Diablo mobile is incoming and the next Diablo PC game is in the pipe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Welp, did a bit of an upgrade over the weekend, complete with a clean install of Windows. Couldn't find any motivation or desire to reinstall EQ/EQ2 - haven't logged in for forever anyways, so it'll be nice to have that chunk of drive space for caching cat videos, or whatever. Looking forward to the next Alpha session this weekend, and I've also been enjoying FFXIV and Cyberpunk (Xbox Series X version; waited until recently to start it, and it's quite fun!).

Edit: Guess I should get around to updating my sig at some point, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

We have a FFXIV promo going on here with the Lawson convenience stores.
    Maybe because it's Japan, but what about over there?
    Something like collect 18 stamps and get a King Porksy mount code.

upload_2021-9-4_15-36-45.png

10. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

We don't have that one, though there was one for Butterfinger that ended a couple of months ago, I think? Similar thing, you'd get a code for a Chocurpokkur mount. Game Better with Butterfinger® and Score the Chocorpokkur Mount | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

Hmm... if Lawson's does online sales, maybe I can collect the stamps that way, haha. :D

Edit: NM, I don't have a Ponta or dPoint card. :p

11. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Anybody have an ESO NA server guild? I've been playing the F out of it lately and I'm only like lvl 23 so i see some longevity there. I haven't bought the newest Expac, but I will, and I did sign up for the monthly sub.

12. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I've played on and off for several years--it was what passed as my MMO 'home' after I fled EQ2, though I haven't played it nearly as frequently over the past year or so, and New World may well be my new home when it launches.

You can actually belong to up to FIVE player guilds at once--one for crafting/selling, one for 'trials' (their version of raids), one for just hanging with friends, etc. It's something I could have used in EQ2 for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

That answers a major question I had since it seems like AH is tied to a trading guild.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I haven't played it in awhile, but yeah, you can join up to 5 guilds. Trading guilds = selling stuff, but you can buy without being in a guild.

The way it works over there, there is no auction house. Trading guilds sort of lease an npc location, so as you're out and about, it's worth your time to peruse the wares of the random dude out in the middle of nowhere 'cause the prices are usually better than the city/quest hub locations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I should also note that the locations are BID on, which gives the large, well-funded trading guilds an advantage over the smaller, poorer ones. Expect to pay dues and often some percent of sales to the guild as a result, as this gets VERY pricey.

Personally I consider this to be a serious drawback, as it can "lock out" lots of people from selling, something I'm less than fond of. I was in a trading guild for a while and competition for good spots was fierce--and yes, there were times when we lost access to selling for a while as a result.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Every time I go to a Trader and try to see what they've got it shows nothing and says I'm not part of the guild. I haven't played around with it much so I'll dig around and see what the malfunction is on my end.

17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I didn't watch much of this month's AoC dev stream, but, I watched long enough to learn they hired away ESO's lead stories dev.

The story writing on ESO is the best I've ever encountered in an mmo, and this is awesome news :)

18. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Unless you're an ESO player, anyway.

Of course i may be a New World player after this week, so...

19. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Super impressed by FFXIV Endwalker launch trailer.

Compare that to ANY Everquest 2 trailer ever released and the difference is just astonishing.

If you are into story driven MMOs you wont find a better game than FFXIV.

20. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I've been noodling in FFXIV recently and generally having a good time.

• Like Like x 1