1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Other Games....

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Fuli, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I played Rift when it was in beta. I thought the character customization was pretty cool, but other than that, it did nothing for me. I didn't bother buying it.

I really wasn't a fan of Trion or any of there games.

2. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I enjoyed Rift, and recently played it again a bit. However I could never stick to it long term and unable to pinpoint why. (I think mainly I just never got into a community so it felt always solo).

Sad to hear if the whole team has been let go though, curious to see if the game just goes into sunset mode or another team attempts to pick it up? I'd assume the former.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Kinda looks like these Gamasutra guys basically bought Archage.

4. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

And Trove, popular game, easily monetized, relatively low maintenance/streamlined implementation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

6. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Gamigo, Gamasutra is a games industry site. :p

7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

8. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

The ownership of Gamigo is rather interesting as well.

9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Turns out Trion only publishes Archeage.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tohopka

Tohopka New Member

Still debating Ashes of Creation, its the PVP still that is turning me off. I stress enough doing school again (just turned 48 a while ago). But at the moment, I hop between Neverwinter, ESO, SW:ToR, Lotro, DDO and FFXIV. 5 of those are F2P except for FFXIV, it still requires a monthly fee to play. Oh and since Tera went to X Box one, I jump on that once in awhile also. It just depends on my mood and what I feel like doing for a little bit.

12. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

So sorry for the staff at Trion.

I played Rift to max level (whatever that was when the game first started) and then quickly got bored and quit playing. It was a fun time right up to max level but not enough there to hold me. Had the exact same experience with Guild Wars and WoW. Really enjoyed them, but after hitting max level just couldn't stay interested.

My husband still plays Trove from time to time, but I never got into that one. If I want a builder I still prefer Minecraft.

13. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I saw this and was like /shrug. I just don't get the appeal, never have. I like my giant prestige kinship hall with all the amenities and all my alts with crafting skills. :) I just hope this doesn't strip people out of the current servers too badly. I'm on a less populated server. Still lots of people but I don't want it to become a ghost town. That's one thing I love about LOTRO. Even at low levels you see a lot of other people running around and the world feels alive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I did enjoy the community in LotRO. Aspects of the game I had problems with, but the people made up for it. I would consider playing the game again if they hadn't essentially stolen my money and nuked my life time sub. But they did, then they insulted me, so I won't go back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tohopka

Tohopka New Member

I still love logging into Lotro, I dont really do to much when I log in though but it's amazing to see how many people I come across in it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

It's my favorite festival of the year right now in LOTRO - Fall Festival (or Harvestmath). They added a lot of new stuff (new quests, new zone, etc) to the festival this year and it was already awesome with the Haunted Burrow and such.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Rift is a game I've always wanted to try but never really did. I was too much into EQ2 when it released to have time to play another MMO, and then when it went free to play I checked it out again but it looked like they copied Daybreak's free to play model which I can't possibly imagine why. Either way I wanted nothing to do with pay to win nonsense and insanely restrictive f2p so I avoided it.

Anyway, right now I'm playing Guild Wars 2 and having a ton of fun. GW2 is probably the only MMO that has actually improved with age, the devs have put a ton of love and effort into the game and it really shows.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Eh. I may just get out of the MMO scene for good. I'm tired of finding a new game every time the people running a favorite decide to crater the one I'm playing.

19. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

DBG cash-grabs ever harder and more blatantly.

Meanwhile, else-game:

BEGIN YOUR EXPEDITION
    With a new zone to explore, new stories to experience, and new challenges to overcome, The Elder Scrolls Online: Murkmire brings the mysterious world of the Argonians to ESO players like never before. ESO: Murkmire will be available first for ESO Plus members and in the in-game Crown Store, but we’re excited to announce the entire DLC will also be available as a Daily Reward during the month of November. Keep an eye out for more information on how you can earn ESO: Murkmire as a Daily Reward in the coming weeks.

Edit: The link works. I'm not sure why it's showing 404

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

haha!

Your link is the dumb :p

• Shocked Shocked x 1