1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Other Games....

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Fuli, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I was messing around with WoW's new leveling experience on PTR and it's so much better. It actually kind of reminds me of how EQ2 was at launch, it has a very "tutorial island" feeling which I like a lot. I'm definitely going to give WoW another shot when it hits live.

I find it kind of ironic how EQ2 tried so hard to copy WoW with zones like Darklight Wood and Frostfang Sea, and now WoW is moving closer to what EQ2 left behind.

2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Latest AoC dev stream.

• Sneak peak at the hybrid combat system - Skill trees can be used by players to customize and optimize around the combat mechanics they prefer (tab, action, or both).

• Sneak peak at an initial castle siege - When a guild wants to claim an unclaimed castle, the castle is initially owned by mobs. Players will have to raid it, do stuff inside, and kill the raid boss who owns it. Of course, a big feature is that it's a siege, so the fights are going to have to include siege weapons, breaking down walls and doors, and storming the castle!

• Some more art to show off.

• Note: the UI shown in the videos is a ph. It's my understanding that the final UI won't be built until the polishing phase when all the various systems and mechanics are dialed in. However, the intent is to make it super customizable and feature-rich as mods are not going to be permitted (pvp plus mods = bad idea; see for example, ESO).

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

The first few minutes of these kinds of things are always hard for me to get through. "Tee-hee, look at us silly billies! Everything is great, everyone is happy, giggles, we're just like yo... NOW FOR THE SALES PITCH."

It does seem to be coming along well, better than some of the games I've been following. I'm still not sold, but I am interested.

4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yeah, I categorize myself as extremely interested. I'm never sold or not sold on a game until I actually experience it for myself.

5. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I started playing SWTOR again for a bit. I have a new computer since I played last and it's been a while. I haven't even sorted out my UI yet, but fun. weee

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

AoC Sept. LS.

A short one pre-viewing mounts.

• Aquatic mounts, including aquatic group mounts.
    • All mounts can swim (don't disappear when a player jumps in the water), but the aquatic ones haul ass.
    • Mounts will have bonuses and enhancements. No p2w, mounts have to be earned in-game. Cosmetics for mounts can be purchased.
    • Animal husbandry system: players can breed mounts to produce specific traits/bonuses/cosmetics.

Edit:
    Here is a link for the longer video for anyone interested. It's the traditional format - Shows off some new art, talks about other systems, Q&A, etc.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

So I thought I'd check in with some games I have been playing in the past few months.

Wildermyth - a turn based RPG with a nice artistic touch. Stories play out in cartoon panel style. I think this is still in a pre-launch phase but I played for about 20 hours and enjoyed it. Only a few core classes to pick from but definitely a good tactical feel to combat. Some neat ideas too, for example your character can age and become a parent, and that child can join your party once they are old enough.

Wasteland 3: I really enjoyed Wasteland 2: Director's Cut and played through it about three times. Wasteland 3 isn't grabbing me to the same degree. I wonder if they'll do a re-cut like they did with Wasteland 2 (the Director's Cut was much better than the initial release). I'll probably wait and see if they do that.

Baldur's Gate 3: I'm a fan of Larian Studios but so far BG3 doesn't feel like a D&D5e game. Really it should be called Baldur's Gate: Original Sin since so much of the gameplay uses the D:OS engine and ruleset. Granted it's in early access, and there is a lot of chatter that the final release will really pare down the D:OS gameplay elements in favor of more traditional 5e ruleset, but I can only go based off of what I see. And I also get that certain adjustments need to be made to adapt the ruleset from tabletop to CRPG. There's only a handful of classes, backgrounds, & races available right now so hopefully they'll build in more. If you read forum discussions about this game, there's a lot of complaining that it's not in the traditional isometric camera style but that part I'm fine with. But as far as gameplay goes I've been enjoying it. A particular shoutout to the voice acting.

• Informative Informative x 1