1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I keep checking the official forums for The Mystery Gu thread.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Posted 11:00 pst.

6pm pst, been two responses.....

Now on the one hand, I really liked the Vasty Deep zones. On the other hand, 1 zone with an 18 hour lockout; (Raid, 3 heroic difficulties, solo). Looks like the library one.

Anyway. Yay.

Toil and Trouble! | EverQuest 2 Forums

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  3. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

This expansion could be the first in Eq2 History where as many new P2W crates as new Raidzones were introduced. Should we call it Evercrates 2 from now on ?
    I am between 4-5 different crates put on the marketplace in this year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Feldon

I keep forgetting to reload Marketplace data on EQ2U. Although I have no idea how many humans use this feature.

4,139 items in 510 categories.

5. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

oh wow there is a new type of P2W crate

• Shocked Shocked x 1
  7. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

So I logged in just to check out the level 120 boost. All they did was take the old equipment that you got from using a previous boost and they copy/pasted the starting RoS gear stats onto it. It's named the same and looks the sameas previous iterations. Oh, and obviously they set the boost to level 120. That's it. There are no current adornments included with the claim. Every adornment you get, which is only a handful, is highly obsolete. So you would still have to know to go to the RoS starting gear crate to grab that equipment and pull the adornments off of it. And, I know that is a minor thing, but they didn't even bother to remove the infusable tag from the carryover gear. So RoS gear isn't supposed to be infusable (I think, could be wrong about this), but the new starting gear is infusable because they just copy/pasted over the stat block.

My newly level 120 Troubadour has 27m hp which is a sneeze from a trash mob in RoS. That many hp wouldn't even have cut it in PoP heroics from 3 expansions ago. So, to the extent that anyone who was thinking about a return tries this out, they are in for a rude awakening.

Edit - oh, one more benefit as someone on the OF just complained about - the boost also gives you profession spells at master quality. So that's actually a decent perk.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 3
  8. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I'm still trying to figure out wtf they messed with that has caused quest items on merchants to suddenly acquire price tags of 5000 plat. I've just seen the third report of this in 3 days, all involving a different merchant. And as these are all old content quests who knows how many more there are that just haven't been found yet as that content isn't done so often now.

• Shocked Shocked x 1
  9. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

None of any of this surprises me. I finally got tired of EQ1 about 4-5 months ago after playing for 1.5 years straight. That's the longest stretch I've stayed back in game in years. I just finished the things I wanted to finish. I've had the urge to log back into Eq2 to just chill and craft but it leaves me rather quickly.

On another not, I have been playing Path of Exile again and recently the lead developer said, "My VISION for the game," and that gave me PTSD worthy flashbacks of McQuaid.

10. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

11. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

12. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Probably a contributary factor, yes. Given the way it manifests in bursts I've always suspected that connectivity and performance issues play a part too. In which case if they actually do decent hardware upgrades it might help that problem as well.
    I wouldn't mind betting that putting us back on the original 30s logout might help alleviate some of it. But, given the way the uninformed masses constantly scream about the 20s being too long and demanding it be shortened with no understanding of the potential consequences, I'd never dare suggest it. :p

13. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Maybe they've decided that new hardware would be good, and EG7 decided to invest in a bunch of coders to rewrite the whole code base into 64bit.

Maybe

14. Feldon

That's the rumor, at least as far as the client.

• Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Popcorn x 1
    • Fishy x 1
  15. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Silk purses and sow's ears or something like that.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

There are rumors that they will invest a million dollars into a game with less than 10,000 active players for 64 bit client support? Really?

We all remember how it went when they last tried to add graphical fidelity to the engine right? months of work and code thrown right into the bin.

17. Feldon

No way it will take a million dollars.

It seemed like Shaders failed because the art team didn't have time to ensure their assets worked in both shader1 and shader3. All the work that the Shader guy did to get Nek Forest and other early content looking great was nice, but then new content was always broken. Moving to Shaders 3 would have required a level of commitment on the entire team that probably wasn't possible. At least this is my outside perspective. I'm sure there is another side to this story.

Reminds me of Public Quests. The creator of them got ZERO support from the rest of the team and made it on his own. He made dozens of hidden quests and hidden NPCs all talk to each other with crazy long scripts to make it work. Eventually they did provide coding support for PQs so that they can be done in a less insane way, but I don't know how well they work.