1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

We did the spider mob in Sol Sek, that dps check pretty nasty. We are working on Challenge raids atm and it took us quite a while to kill that spider one.
    Although it did give us 195 res.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I enjoy strats.. but not ones that lack sufficient cues about what is going on and how to deal with it. As a healer, I also detest fights that are always moving all the time in random directions. That's not hard, it's just chaos. I suppose they're trying to make things more 'exciting'.
    Strats where one person dies, without the chance to avoid, save, or anything, when other people mess up is NOT FUN (looking at Hortu the Scorched). Especially when what the 'wrong thing' is happens to be 1) extremely unclear and 2) unavoidable at times. Being the goat for that fight was absolutely horrible. Especially since it uses the same person for every time for every pull after the first. 'Too many' people 'too close' to the mob and POP, scripted death.. mem-shuffle just happened? sucks to be the goat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Now I was never fond of the script and strat proliferation while I was raiding, but frankly that was because my crew always seemed to have trouble with them. It was a casual outfit, so certain things could be expected, but it was frustrating at times.

Oh well. I miss those folks. I don't miss the frustration though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Up till Glockus Named it's the same scrip /Strat with some additional surge damage here and there. The later Mobs require up to 4300 Resolve.
    The zone and Raidbosses are buggy as you can "One - Shot" them with the Deity Ability Devastation of War and the Totemic Class Ability.The later was fixed already and the rest will be fixed today. This was exploited with some kills taking 17 secs !
    Because of that all (Guild) Achievements will be resettet.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Addendum added to the patch notes today:
    I find it ironic that it's being called a 'bug'. Back in KA when they changed the logging to work this way for group wards, there was complaint from the community and we were told the change was made 'to make it easier for shaman to keep track of their wards'
    Suddenly, years, later, it is a 'bug' to be fixed...
    Glad for the change, but calling it a bug now....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I had to check that Turquoise Adornments weren't a joke.

eq2_turquoise_adornments-plain.jpg

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Personally I'd call them a complete joke. Somebody reported today that he keeps getting more of them every time he zones and the original problems weren't fixed in the patch. Who'da thunk it, eh? :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

....I vote we put Cassta in charge of choosing the next adornment color.

Pretty sure I know what the winner will be.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

... and lets give someone else the choice what color that actually goes in there.... just to keep the players on their toes!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Octarine.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Fendhar

Fendhar Member

I feel insulted :)
    German and EQ2 in the same sentence alone is enough reason to throw down my old rusty gauntlet to you *mumble*

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

What if you're blue-green/green-blue color blind?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  13. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Sucks to be you, I guess? SOE/DBG/DPG have repeatedly demonstrated over the years that:
    1. They don't consider these problems in their design decisions and
    2. They don't seem to care when the problems are pointed out to them.

Look at the fight we had to go through to get some relief from the migraine inducing red UI back in the day.

Look at the problems caused by that stupid character screen colour wash a couple of expansions back. Which they absolutely refused to remove and it took a 3rd party UI piece to alleviate the worst of that one.

Look at the current problems with font scaling (or lack thereof). The interface is slowly getting more and more illegible to those of us with vision issues or huge resolution monitors and there seems to be little impetus for them to address the problem. I realise a full redesign of the UI is massive amounts of work but surely there's some way they could add additional font files and a way to select a custom default from the ini files to mitigate the worst of it?

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Feldon

I remember when they featured AbleGamers on stage at SOE Live and then didn't actually do anything to make the games accessible.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  15. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yep. Sounds about par for the course.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Yeah, I don't even think that form of color blindness is a real thing. I was just being silly and amusing myself again.

If it were I'm sure Siggy could tell us some 38 step process to tell the colors apart so the devs could justify avoiding having to care about it anyways.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Feldon

Blue-yellow totally exists but is super rare. A quick Google search reveals some quick and simple tests with colored dots and hidden numbers. And yeah, forum posters would so hopelessly overcomplicate solutions that it would never get done. A couple of simple color shifters are generally all that's needed.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 3
  18. Fendhar

Fendhar Member

In fact I cannot really differ between green and blue if they are of certain shades.
    Take a regular (green) blackboard at school and use the blue chalks that exist -> invisible for me. Stuff just blends over and whatever you wrote there simply goes *poof*. I know that there is something written on the blackboard but looking at it causes massive headache.

• Informative Informative x 4
  19. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

You know she changed the colour specially for you after you said you stuck her on ignore? Only a couple of problems with that.

1. If you really stuck her on ignore you would never have noticed :oops:
    2. As she was beyond the 30 minute edit limit she changed it by quoting her OP and used the dark purple colour. Dark purple on the dark background of the quoted text is about as legible as the fuchsia pink on the light background. And she went back to you-know-what everywhere else. And Breanna thinks it's pretty ...

I did try to point out that she wasn't really communicating with her audience effectively like this but deaf ears, brick walls and all that ... :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

*shakes head* Ugh - welp, bless her heart. And of course Breanna would think it's pretty, lol. Since I"m not trying to induce anymore headaches like the borderline migraine it caused the other day, she can sit on ignore with Benito and Raff. I had Snikkety on there too but couldn't remember why, so I cleaned that bit up.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't she do the same thing with the abominable pink about 10-12 months ago? Yeah, that's a bit more of a pattern than I'm willing to endure stabbing icepicks of pain for.