1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

So I busted out the JCS for nothing?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Arazons

Arazons Member

[​IMG]

Kander @ work?

[​IMG]

Mission control at DBG?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I would love to get one of those old "luggable" cases, build out a Raspberry Pi with a nice screen in it, and install a mini-fridge in the remainder. Can't possibly be heavier...

4. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

I guess I'm curious then, how long do you think you'll keep doing this site? It enables them to continue. I know you've said that you do it for the players, but are the players that are left the people you want to support? Raff? Benito?

I'm a member of yet another defunct guild. Over the course of the game I've been in four guilds. All are gone now. None of the people in my friend's list play the game anymore. Even if I found the game to still be interesting (I don't), the thought of joining another guild, getting to know the people, and then having them all leave the game just isn't something I want to do. Referencing Glasscannon's thread, I think all the good people are pretty much done.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

EQ2U brings in revenue with donations and ads. Other than the expansion or when I choose to add things and update the site, the site runs itself. For every very public jackass, there's 5 people we never hear from who genuinely are enjoying EQ2 and EQ2U and would be sad to see it go.

As for the forum, I think we're here til the end. I've got another forum that's been up for 20 years. It gets like 5 posts a week if I'm lucky.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 4
  6. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

So while I wait for my membership time to expire I thought I'd mess around on Kaladim with a new toon. I'm in Neriak and oh my God the lag. I rounded up some skeletons and by the time the game caught up I was dead. Whatever this backend transfer they did it seems to have really screwed the game experience.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Maybe that's just a symptom of the older code that's running on the TLE at this stage. I remember that Neriak used to be very, very laggy in its early days. It used to be so bad that my DE provie could never actually manage to complete rush orders in there as the lag on the counters kicking in pretty much guaranteed failure. She learned to go do her writs in the empty Freeport instance - soooo much easier :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

As far as I'm aware TLE shares the exact same code as retail, though when I played on TLE it was noticeably laggier than the retail servers. I've always chalked that up to a higher population though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

At this point the whole game is a Stirling Engine using the disparity between hope and hate while being lubricated by desperation soaked cash. The TLE servers just start out heavy on the hope side and end heavy on the hate. The normal servers reached a self-loathing equilibrium years ago so they're more tame.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

The transfer to the cheap cloud servers have certainly not helped with lag....

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

So Kander had a second Rant within a week and this time he is targeting the very same group they want to milk.

He wants to perma ban any Raider for using the food exploit. Given how much it was used, he would minimize the "P2W Raiding" community substantially.

Food/Drink Exploit | EverQuest 2 Forums

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Ironic, since they were informed of this 'exploit' at least 18 months ago in Chaos Descending....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

From the patch notes:
    FEEL that healer love... o_O

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Pale Rider

Pale Rider New Member

Wait, don't you already take 1% more damage per point below the mob? and now the bleedthrough increases that even more? It's like the magical multplicative interaction of Potency and Crit Bonus, but in reverse.

15. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

If the code is as accurate as the grammar in that update note, it’s probably multiplied by 25 instead of what they meant, and they’ll fix it in two weeks. Maybe. Or they’ll double-down on the mistake and blame players for misunderstanding how severe the beatings would be.

In any case, I spy no reason to return to the dumpster fire...

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

This is the crap that drove me out.

What a clownshow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Yup.
    Devs: "Under-geared people are hard to keep alive.. but they're not hard ENOUGH to keep alive. We need to make sure the thankless job of healing is even MORE thankless and less fun.. that'll bring the healers out of the woodwork and keep the game hopping!!"

perhaps with a side of: "Gotta keep those new players and scrubs out of the 'real' zones and in the kiddy pool where they belong!"

Side note to any devs that may read this:
    Having to spam heal everybody in your group and hope nobodies dies before heals come off reset is not 'challenging' or 'fun'. It is frustrating as hell, because it means that the healer has ZERO control over people living or dying.. it depends 100% on the other people's health. With heals capped the way they are, getting better gear on a healer has no effect on our ability to keep people alive. Evidenced by the fact that taking off all armor pieces has almost no noticiable effect on ward size and that the group ward (which has a tool tip value of 2x the pt ward) lands for barely more than the point ward.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  18. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

WoW alpha test for the new expansion is over, beta starts next week. Imagine that.. tests that runs for over 6 months in total before release, and you don't have to buy the expansion to test....

For fun, here is some numbers from their alpha testing that was presented during Blizzards live stream today:

alpha.jpg

I have never played wow myself, but I am a nerd so I follow whats going on over there.

EQ2 might get those numbers of testing during a whole year of live content....

Edit: Thinking about it... the bug reports I think might be the same...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

The last time I played WoW I was actually pleasantly surprised. Not enough to keep playing the game, mind you.

Anyways, this is so obviously not true. No dev team has that much time to waste on the clueless masses and their silly ill-informed feedbacks. Especially not when there are 1337 game imagineers in charge who have it all sorted out. It's just a waste of resources.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

/sarcasm
    But, but.. that means they have time to change and fix things before things go live. What possible value is there in giving players that kind of 'power'!?!! Especially if you don't make them PAY for it??!?!
    /end sarcasm

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1