1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

So it seems that the pressure on the devs for the state of this expansion is taking its toll. The critics of the Overseer system had Kander lashed out at a player. If i remember correctly it was 3 players (including Niami) on Discord talking about the different experiences on multiple accounts.
    Many others and i think this was out of proportion and maybe JChan need to chime in.
    Since there is no more real content to do and the criticism of the overseer will just increase. There is also a thread about this on the OF.
    Guess who......
    Bugalito Loveless hijacked the thread in the way he always does. Since i already reported him for trolling in the last days i didn't this time. I don't know how often you are be able to report someone before you are getting banned for it.

His very last comment reads like : " I have nothing meaningful to contribute and say in this thread so write to sound like i am smart....."

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

In the wake of some other childish drivel going on elsewhere I've just been made aware that the Overseer crap is actually available on Kaladim. Expansion 16 'content' on an expansion 3 locked TLE server? I presume this all about more cash grabbing or am I missing something here?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  3. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

The strange thing about the overseers is that they aren't a cash grab. Well, they could be meant to be a cash grab, but are just so poorly implemented that they aren't. The RNG is so bad on them that it doesn't make any sense to spend any money on them. Even with the "best" agents, you still might get something totally useless or just nothing at all. The fact that Kander thinks this is "content" that can replace questing sounds like the final nail in the EQ2 coffin. I know people have said that for years, but he seems to really think people are going to be ok with expansions that have basically no quests. *boggle*

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Kander is Benny. You heard it here first! Seriously though, I think Benny is less worthless because he at least TRIES to communicate.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Does Jennifer Chan even exist? She's quickly becoming Holly MKII as far as I'm concerned. Oddly my posts remain on her thread, but Dreamweaver is continuously deleting my posts from the thread I started in January re Grasping Bones.
    It's honestly doing my head in that after 5 months there are still spells missing in-game.
    I was even contacted to ask which other classes spells are missing .... what the hell do I care, I care about my class ffs.

Hope you've all noticed that Burrito has started liking some 'not so flattering to EQ2' posts. If he comes over to the dark side, I'm crossing over.

• Funny Funny x 9
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

So, Kander's Candor #7.

And I just want reiterate...I f***ing knew it. They want to funnel everybody into raid content for character progression.

For example, according to Kander, T1's were designed with pug raids in mind, and I've had this sense throughout this expansion that he's baffled as to why his funnel isn't working the way he expected, resulting instead in a lot of really ticked-off customers (because , I don't know, bug and lag issues aside, maybe a lot of folks just don't like organizing and running 24 person raids).

So, next expac, they're going cut back on heroics and build in some x2's, which ironically, is a good idea and one that players have been asking for since ToT (and before).

Regarding raid lag this expac, well they "forgot" to prioritize and isolate raid nodes within the server hierarchy (or something like that).

In any case, this podcast gives the distinct impression that they're marching right along with plans to produce a p2w raiding game.

I suspect the questaholics and crafters will suffer continued disappointment.

Edit and P.S.:
    No plans for a stat squish because people don't like change - yes, that's what he said.

He's apparently at a loss for why people don't like all the other changes he's made, but a stat squish would cause an uproar.

Besides, he's not worried about bloat, it's just not a big deal...

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

He's in for a nasty wake-up if he thinks that's going to work for the majority of the player base. I don't even care at this point because I'm just using 2 to bankroll 1 but I'm in a minority of folks who play both games.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Hey, you. Yeah, you. You know that thing you've been doing for a decade and a half and (mostly) enjoying? You know, that whole playstyle thing you signed up for here?

Yeah?

Well gfys. Go buy that thing then click this button every day until it's time for a new expansion you clueless pleb.

Trust us, we're the experts.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Of the 3 questions they picked to answer... one was 'can we have mounts in ALL houses?'... seriously? wow.. Talk about a no-brainer softball niche question....

Additionally, he's 'promised' that for at least one more expac they're going to take flying away 'until you do enough content'.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

You know, I tend to agree that the way flying is done in a lot of MMOs diminishes the game. Still, if people have earned a thing, probably spent real money on it, and have been using it for years in persistent and predictable ways there needs to be a better way of dealing with any perceived problems than artificially gimping it. That lack of imagination and elegance from a GM is the sort of thing that makes P&P players not return to the table the following session. Why it's taken so long to sink in here is beyond me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

It is particularly bad when the ONLY reward of value for a quest line is the returning of what was taken at the beginning of that same line.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Lols, yep.

14 pages of questions and concerns on the OF **post your questions for Kander here** thread, and they choose to discuss why they don't want to enable flying mounts within housing instances.

That felt a bit like a troll actually. "See the kind of questions we get? This is why we don't ask you things..."

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

It's just a shame to see a game dying in real time. Now, I know that people have been predicting the death of EQ2 for a long time but it really feels like BoL was a tipping point. At least with Planes of Prophecy you had three faction quest lines in addition to the signature quest. Chaos Descending was a horizontal expansion, so, OK, focus less on story and more on character progression I guess.

But Blood of Luclin was supposed to be an entirely new storyline. Instead we got a 3 hour signature "quest" line which consisted almost entirely of "run these solo zones and we'll count it as a quest." I did the signature quest line with three different characters and I still have no idea why we're on the moon. Don't know, don't care, and neither do the game developers. Just fly past all the trash on the way to the next portal zone-in because even if there was a quest to be found it's not like 3pp and some trash gear makes any difference to me.

Such a shame. This game used to be so much fun. Now you can't even find a pick up group most days and if you want to actually be useful in group you have to spend real money, there's no other way about it.

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Fuli you keep reiterating that this game becomes a P2W raidgame. Well have a look in the Discord Raichannel and on the OF what raiders think which is quite the opposite

I know about 1-2 "Thurgadin Whales" Raidforces who would go down that route. Error, Glasscannon and other player from Thurgadin probably know who i am referring to.
    If other Raidforces have about 2-3 player spending big money. This would come to about 20 Raidforces and thats not feasible.

The next expansion better have a good amount of content for all, if not that copy sales will be limited.

I had to laugh when Kander said that the Rok Overland Zones are equally large than the Luclin ones. They appear to be bigger because you couldn't fly.

Crafter rejoice. Apparently Luclin Writs have arrived on the test server, 6 months to late but better than never.

Player were asking for new quests and now the original eq1 Scepter of Shadows Access /Signature /Key quest is live. This quest is for Access Vex Tal which will be part of the next expansion in 6 months.

Which brings me to the most important news, Kander told us something Top Secret, the next expansion is Luclin Part II and we explore the Dark Side of the Moon. Oh Boy.......

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

That **** wasn't top secret we heard that 2 weeks after BoL dropped when peeps were asking, "Yo, where's all the other moon stuffs?"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I don't understand why they would even consider working on another expansion with all of the problems the game currently has across a broad spectrum. It's like building a new house on a rotten foundation.

Personally, if I were in charge of the game, I would let customers know that we are taking this year to address all of the problems in the game rather than put out another expansion. We would streamline every thing from top to bottom to include, but not limited to bug fixes, itemization, class balance, crafting, etc.

As a reward for every one's patience and understanding, perhaps offer a reduced subscription price for a limited time while this process is occurring, like $7.99/mo, and additionally, some really nice fluff items or something of that nature.

Heck, what do I know?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  17. Charryna

Charryna New Member

I found it really amusing that one of the questions highlighted was mine (regarding the Awakened Abilities book being available) - funny because I posted it, got no reply on the OF other than some likes, and next test patch it was on test and is live now. All before the podcast released lol. They really are picking softball topics. And they missed the entire point (to my mind) of the mount indoors question, which was that for some housing and small guild halls you can't check your mount level/change out gear for it/etc. without changing zones.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Panini

Panini New Member

I really feel that they need to cut down mount speed, both flying and ground. Everything feels tiny because of how fast characters are. Like I myself have over 200% speed on the ground. That's effectively cutting the map into a third of its original size. I don't really see why they can't drop mount speed to like 60%, and air speed at like 90%.

I, for one, wouldn't be particularly offended that I don't move at hyperspeed anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

That mess is so annoying.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

They are never going to do that though. Most game companies don't. Path of Exile has 400k ish members just on their reddit subforum and a constant for years has been to please skip the expansion and fix performance issues. Hasn't happened, won't happen. Very few people quit playing because of the various bugs EQ2 has but droves would quit for the time it took them to fix those issues and some of those would never come back. It's a habit, like anything else, and if you give folks a reprieve from that habit some won't have it anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1