1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

New Tradeskill Timeline Announcement

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Khendrask, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I can see this update killing off the game for a lot of people. For pure TS players this is likely to be all you get until next expac, and even then you'll probably have to wait an extra few months.

To me this feels like it's going to be realllllllly bad for EQ2 as a whole.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

How does this crew continually get it wrong.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

The new TS line basically sucks.
    The rewards also suck so far.
    In a way I'm glad I tried it some on test, as that means I probably won't even bother on Live. For one thing, timed quests in instance zones are not inherently bad, the couple in KA worked well, but in PoP, it is ALL in timed instanced zones, so it isn't: Log in, run a TS quest or two when time is short, pick up later, it is : Dedicate the next few hours to a frustrating TS line with long combines, and die a lot.

I wonder what they actually abandoned because it "Wasn't Fun".

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

The instances last 3 days now, so there isn't the crazy time limit there was when it first came out.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

They canNOT be sent out to harvest PoP mats.
    Their new convo is to give the 'harvesting writs'.. where the NPCs who job it is to harvest send the players out to do the job instead.....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

It's pretty clear that they are continuing to merge adventuring and crafting to the point that very soon one won't be distinguishable from the other.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Quidam

Quidam New Member

More cost reduction?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Senya

Senya Member

I couldn't agree more.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

FWIW, you don't have to play ESO in first-person. I generally do for the sake of immersion, but when it comes to dungeons or any other combat-intensive scenario I pull out to third-person.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

A lot of stuff went through my head when I read this, admittedly most of it was profanity.

Are the remaining members of The (development) Team retarded or just stupid? It's a relevant question because I don't like to pick on the mentally handicapped.

This makes no <expletive deleted> sense. You PAY status and coin upkeep for the ability to send the harvesters out for materials. You don't pay them to send you out. That's about all I can say about it right now without the remainder of the post turning into incoherent swearing.

Whomever proposed this idiocy, as well as whomever approved it, need to have their Dev Card revoked.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Inability of the current crew to deal with anything other than adventure instances I think. Their comfort zone is very small but safe :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Sorry, I probably described it wrong. I always play in third-person (feel seasick otherwise) but am struggling with the whole mouse-fixed-to-the-middle-of-the-screen thing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

It turns out you can also get the quests from an NPC in CoV... or you will be able to once they fix it..
    Can't test the quests yet, as they don't update when you harvest currently.

14. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

My mind is blown that anyone could find any of the crap rewards from the Tradeskill Sig line acceptable. All they've done is replace the guild harvesters with us. It's insulting as far as I'm concerned.
    Tbh if I was in a large or largish (omg that's a word?) guild, there's a snowflakes chance in hell I'd be putting my harvests in the guild box.

And the coin reward doesn't even cover the price of fuel? Can they not even MATH. Appalling.

Mama might of said if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all, but that does not apply here!

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Oh they can do math alright when it applies to Kronos sales :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

The most awesome thing about the coin reward not covering the cost of fuel is that it was an issue with the (singular) writ you get to grind in the buy-in test. That was less than three months ago.

So not only can they not math, they also have the memory of a goldfish!

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I'm starting to wonder if the tradeskill content is so bad because Domino left, or if one of the reasons Domino left, was because of the direction tradeskill is heading.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

My understanding is that Domino left because she couldn't get back into the USA as her visa had expired on a visit home (she's Canadian or something, I think). I think the tradeskill content is bad because the ones left to pick it up have no idea how it works and don't value it. Domino was the tradeskiller's champion, but when she left....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

The achievement for finishing the sig line gives a Celestial Foundation/Spellshard... of zero use to a non-capped adventurer.

The daily tradeskill missions give the same reward crates as the solo instance missions.... of zero use to a non-capped adventurer.

None of the reward do anything, at all, to help with tradeskilling or harvesting...

Don't get me wrong, it's clear much time and effort was spent making this timeline.. but it is clearly an adventure timeline with adventure rewards... instead of strats for killing mobs, there are strats/tricks to gathering materials and/or avoid mobs...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

As far as I know there was absolutely nothing wrong with Domino's Visa. The United States just up and decided not to let her back in. It took over a month to straighten it out. And that was under the last president. After all of our current president's bloviating about he was going to deport everyone, she decided she'd had enough.

No one else there has the tradeskill chops she did.

• Agree Agree x 3