1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Mage Epic 2.0 Research & Discussion

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Administrator, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

2. Jrox

Jrox New Member

So I don't want to fill the thread with a lot of junk that has to be sifted through so I will try to keep this straight forward and minimal.

Rajax and I ran a theory through yesterday for the better part of the evening. We Started with the whole Time Warp clue from a few days ago. Mentored down through the chronomages and took their quest. It sent us into Nek 3, at which point things got really interesting. Speaking with the NPC's inside and reading the books we found there was a lot of interesting information about a great power and a weapon and its knowledge being hidden away in an "Ancient Vault" and mention of the Rune of Sunder and telling us to "Look to the Stone of Shissar." It also made mention of Varsoon being in league with him at one point.

Finishing Nek 3 we took it as leads into a few places. Went into Ancient Tomb in JW, and checked out the door at the Bottom of The Red Lord's Temple. There was very little in the way of leads out of this but for the messenger and where he was from, Sundered Frontier where he had fallen through a strange portal and this lead us to where else, The Sundered Frontier. Could not find any leads but others were chasing a lead on a Cazic statue in the zone, how funny we were all coming back to the same point again.

The book I received could be old and I just never did the quest before. Know that no quest ever really hit my journal, the book and statue reward were just Items picked up at the end knowing what they were from having read through everything.

This could all be trash, but its here for you to explore if you can make more sence of it than we did.

3. darkmage

darkmage Guest

If its a chronomage quest, they're once every 52 days if I recall. I know cause like a crackhead I collected each and every one of those statues.

4. Jrox

Jrox New Member

Interesting... How about the book? Has it been there the whole time?

[​IMG]

5. Tyndylla

Tyndylla New Member

Jrox and I really thought we were on to something with that Time warp clue and the chronomages possibly being involved. Plus listening to the rumors from those on Thurg that have supposedly found all 4 starters but refuse to share the info until they disco the epics. We did the repeatable daily quest from the one chronomage which sent us in to Nek Castle: Tribulation. I don't think the quest really had anything to do with the actual epic, but the lore that was in there from the book you get at the end after talking to Riktus(sp?) Everling and the 2 books you receive from the ! collections in that instance were full of some interesting lore. Even the book on the stand in Everlings bedroom when you come up out of the basement and the Tome of Knowledge on the floor through the secret passage in the library.

There were references to 2 intersecting triangles who's center formed a diamond and the symbol it represented. References to the Shissar. An item hidden in Chelsith. An ancient vault with Everlings greatest treasures and most cursed items. His first wife and 2 sons being burried in Freeport cemetary, his second wife Theeral, and some evil child servant of hers...

Later tonight after raids, or tomorrow morning I'll take screen shots of the pages from all 4 books (My True Beloved, Our Lady of Betrayal, Beyond the Rune and The Idol of Mor`Tael) and post them on here if y'all are interested in the lore. There are just so many references listed in them to things a lot of players have already been speculating on that I truly believe there is some valid lead in them.

I just need players smarter and more versed in the lore and history of EQ to help me comb through it all.

6. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Those books are old, 2010 or so. Sorry.

7. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

We're looking for four small needles in a huge haystack with little or nothing to go on. This is starting to not be fun.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Wait...does "Q T 4 L" have any meaning to anyone?"

9. Ashwind

Ashwind New Member

If your refering to the shiney at the drafliing tower in RV then its been in game for years and years

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  10. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

Here's today's tidbits from Kander, with some notes from Tetsu since i missed some of the screenshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, the quest starter is either in the Isle of Refuge (called the queen's colony or the outpost of the overlord, reachable on live from the world bell at the CL docks) or it is in one of the original starting cities, Qeynos, Freeport, or may be in the first Kunark added Gorowin or Neriak.

Shouldn't take long to count out the Isle of Refuge (and seeing as how he clearly said "keys to the city" i'm guessing that he means the starting cities).

11. Jrox

Jrox New Member

No forget about the ROOTS quote. It was simply meant to keep it simple. Again overthinking it I believe. We should be focusing on NPC's in ToT or KA content. We need a narrative that leads to a weapon, great power, or a war... Something that will lead to a greater ending type feel.

Nothing of what he said was meant to be a clue this time. They were all just statements of refocus and think on a smaller scale "More Basic".

What were the original Pre-reqs?

12. sycla

sycla New Member

think ill try actually equipping epic 1 and hail npcs rather than leave it in bags..may trigger a converstion

13. Jrox

Jrox New Member

Sycla, I did the same last night all over OF and Thulumbra. No luck. Today I am going to look into the same thing everyone else is into, the mage faction in my home city and look for a cache I guess. Thanks for the update.

14. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Hey all...I've posted this in another thread, thought I'd share it here too. There appear to be archetype-specific hidden caches scatter around (fighter one in BB near Unrest, priest one in Nek), and the key to making it visible might be the city/archetype questline.

Quoting myself:

After Kander's mention of archetypes and going back to the beginning, a guildy mentioned the city questline with an archetype sub-questline and they wondered if that was related.

I went back and finished it tonight (on my fighter). Check the hidden cache: boom, it's there for me now. I'm interested in seeing if others can corroborate.

Questline for baddies: The City of Freeport Timeline
    Questline for good folks: The City of Qeynos Timeline

Be sure to do the full line, including the archetype sub-questline.

(Credit goes to my guildy Marrj for making the connection with the city/archetype questline. :))

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Jrox

Jrox New Member

So if my home city was Neriak would I need that timeline or just stick to the Freeport line? hmmm

Good info, I will run both. Thanks to you and Marrj! :D

16. Tyndylla

Tyndylla New Member

Jrox, it is the Freeport city timeline and the additional archtype line. I just spent all night running them with Tyndy and she is now able to see the cave in nek forest. So it is confirmed. Freeport or Qeynos city timeline with archtype line is necessary for the 2.0's.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Scrappz

Scrappz Member

Now that we have a lead.. the next step is finding our version of the cache(Fighter BB, Priest Nek)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Drelf

Drelf New Member

Ours should be in TS then... but I hate that zone and will go searching in EL instead. :)
    (And ofc I searched TS for hours yesterday).

19. Conifur

Conifur Member

So, is the City Questline the pre-req? Would not surprise me is more low level quest would be required.

20. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Unknown if it's a pre-req for the starter, but it definitely seems to have something to do with the epic quest itself. It also fits Kander's suggestions of "going back to roots" and archetypes, so it couldn't hurt to do them.