1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Mage Epic 2.0 Research & Discussion

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Administrator, Dec 14, 2016.

1. rainmare

rainmare Member

what class are you? and how are you specced? my friend on her conjy keeps getting destroyed.

2. Scrappz

Scrappz Member

Just looked at the notes.. and of course they aren't going to do anything to this dumb name :(

3. Ladyhera

Ladyhera New Member

I'm a necro and keep getting wiped also, and have tried different specs among other items

4. Scrappz

Scrappz Member

Same here on Illy.. tried everything I thought of, full max health gear, every AA for max health, Ward, DP, pots etc..

Tried asking for some advice but course the people I asked have double my pot and didn't have as much trouble as I'm having.

5. Sacredeth

Sacredeth New Member

I made sure to fill out the dragon scales line and get as many tanky type benefits as I could get. Then I used my master tank pet and made sure the tank pet had aggro. Then I just used soulrot, rotflesh, and kept my pet alive, watching threat to make sure the pet had it. Was very easy once I did that method. Trying to just burn it down was not working for me with 19k potency and good stats.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. mazboot

mazboot New Member

are there any coercers out there who have killed the last name in Vul? If so, pls post how you did it - I am a raider with good equipment and created a spec like Heebu suggested - lots of heal pots also - cant get the mob down below 60% with out dying!!
    many thanks\
    Mazboot

7. Conifur

Conifur Member

Conjy here - I spec'd tank pet and the survival stuff, changed out gear/runes/food/potions/etc, got the 12% HP temp adorns from the PQ vendor in Thalumbra and completed it in just over an hour without a death (including no pet death). Not easy by any means but doable for a Conjy. I went mastercrafted Pitfighters for fingers (bands with 12.8 mit), waist and ears. I used the No-trade boots from PQ (10.6 mit). I went with STA runes in gear, I did not go the three new rune route for the HPs. I had just under 10 million HPs and about 14k Mit.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Belladawn

Belladawn New Member

I kited him around the upper platform and down the ramp, then around the 1/2 of the beach them back up the ramp. Two circuits of running him around worked. He slows down on the ramp and Ascension spells can be casted on the run. Really only the Ascension spells work worth a darn. Hope that helps!

9. Bjoern

Bjoern New Member

Epic 2.0 mythical quest: "Chaos Effect"- same as healers.

10. rainmare

rainmare Member

so where is the crown of the red lord past the magmatic trial?

11. Bjoern

Bjoern New Member

Jasath Wastes. Take flying mount to the red lord's crown. Dive down in the lava beneath the crown, and you are there.

12. Baachan

Baachan New Member

Baachan epic spec.JPG I just thought I'd through out a comment here for those that are struggling with Vul. I was not happy when I got wiped and I whined about how it was terrible for them to expect someone wearing silk to behave like a tank, on and on....

Then, I looked at what people were saying who had succeeded. Talked to a couple of people in game and decided to respec my AA's. I focused on hit points, mitigation, health and the dragon line that has all the heals and wards. I am not a raider and maybe a B level player, but I did it. I have run no more than 10 heroic thulumbra instances total because I do not like pick up groups. I died once coming out of the room after the initial conversation because I got more than one mob but once I reset and could single pull everything went fine including the the named. You can see what my stats looked like when I entered the zone wearing my gear (not the eye patch).

Perhaps the best part of this all is that I discovered a spec for my AA's that I would have never tried. I am not merc dependent if I want to solo. So, while I was not happy about the shake up, I'm please with where it got me. Now, if I can get past that darn Heroic Kaesora instance alone or with my ranger, my world would be fabulous!

• Winner Winner x 2