1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Mage Epic 2.0 Research & Discussion

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Administrator, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Healer Update - Is from Osh (Othmir) in Great divide.

To get the update, you must do the Othmir questline in Great Divide, so Osh replaces Nipik in his hut, and then the Cobalt Scar Othmir quests.

Upon completion of these (Roughly 15 in GD, 20 in CS), he will update for you.

2. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Next quest steps;

"Osh believes that there is a way to repress the spellpox Vasith One Eye has been inflicted with. He's sent me to obtain items necessary for the blessing;"
    • Obtain an immensely durably band made of arcane conducting material
    • Obtain a potion resulting in a huge wave of peace
    • Obtain a potion resulting in a mental acuity bolster

3. Oxyian

Oxyian New Member

Transcript from Osh in Great Divide

You say, "Hail, Osh"

Osh says to you, "Oxyian, friend of the tribe! It is good to see you once more."

You say to Osh, "It has been some time, Osh, but I haven't the time for pleasantries."

Oshsays to you, "Of course! You have always been one for striving to get things done. Without that trait, I don't know that we could have accomplished all that we did. You always have a place here."

You say to Osh, "You have always proven to be useful allies in the past, and you are far more capable than I would otherwise have given you credit for. Admirable that you have earned so much respect from your tribes."

Osh says to you, "I have tried to lead to the best of my ability, using the lessons from Nipik as my guide, the strength of my people as my will, and the pure healing waters of Prexus to cleanse me when I am filled with doubt. I'm grateful that my leadership has thus far been a boon to the tribes."

You say to Osh, "Healing waters... Perhaps that is what I need."
    Osh says to you, "What is it, Oxyian? Are you suffering from an ailment? Whatever I can do to help, you know I will!"

You say to Osh, "It isn't me. There's someone I know, she's suffering from some sort of memory loss, but it only affects particular topics."

Osh says to you, "Tell me more."

You say to Osh, "She's a thief who I had been tracking ever since finding a powerful arcane object. She has lost all memory of the object, who hired her, or where they were."

Osh says to you, "It sounds like she's been stricken by a type of magic curse, known as a spellpox."

You say to Osh, "What's a spellpox?"

Osh says to you, "A rare and unusual magical condition that uniquely affects spellcasters and magic based creatures. Spellpoxes are curses, some function continuously while others manifest only when the afflicted one attempts to cast a spell or use an arcane-based ability."

You say to Osh, "How do we get rid of it?"

Osh says to you, "I'm afraid you can't until you know the source of the curse, but don't give up hope! I have seen something like this before. I may be able to repress the curse's affect upon her long enough for her to recall some useful details for you."

You say to Osh, "That would be helpful."

Osh says to you, "I don't know how long it will work though."

You say to Osh, "That's okay. Anything is a start. What do you need?"

Osh says to you, "It will require imbuing an immensely durable band made of an arcane-conducting material. It will carry a blessing of my design that will expose her to a huge wave of peace and bolster her mental acuity."

You say to Osh, "That sounds complex."

Osh says to you, "I'll work on what I can to prepare the combining, but I need you to provide three items: a potion to release a huge wave of peace, a mental acuity bolster potion, and a durable band made of an arcane-conducting material."

You say to Osh, "I clearly have my work cut out for me."

4. Scrappz

Scrappz Member

I love how they get a quick fix for the scout update, but the mage one where they knew they screwed up on isn't going to be done for a week... a nice F U to the mages..

5. Uyaem

Uyaem Member

Or more logically, the type of fix is more than flicking a button.
    New zone and zoning option likely has to pass through some sort of quality gate (=change), where as the scout thing sounds like a bug.
    Just guessing but this is how it works at my company /shrug

6. Conifur

Conifur Member

lol, "quality gate" - they have proven that is not a task they complete. They knew this was supposed to be moved but failed. If they ran through "some sort of quality gate" they would have noticed it was not fixed and fixed it. I agree with you though, most companies do that sort of thing.

7. Uyaem

Uyaem Member

I knew "quality gate" would trigger people... Maybe "approval process" would have been a more sensible term... ;)
    Bottom line is that the scout timeline is broken, whereas the mage timeline is misdesigned, requiring extra effort to mend.

8. Drax

Drax New Member

9. Aurellia

Aurellia Guest

FYI: I updated the "Confirmed Facts" thread with the final steps to complete the first quest and how to acquire the 2nd quest.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Fonyx

Fonyx Guest

Might as well get to work on the 60 repeatable from Aleesia and sundered frontier quests and blah blah blah. And since the tot named kill doesn't update each time, does that mean when the fix is patched Tuesday we will have to run the heroic multiple times for the update of the sigil? Yeah, I'm tired and shouldn't type before thinking but there it is. Good job developers. Flawless victory, I'm whining!

11. Kaytos

Kaytos New Member

Ok got and equipped the "Jewel of the Three" when I try to use it I get the message "Concentrating on the jewel seems to do nothing"? Any idea's .. only thing I can think of is I'm not quite Ascension lvl 6 about 5% to go ..

12. Scrappz

Scrappz Member

Quest 2 does require level 6

13. meed

meed Guest

with the jewel I had to target myself to use it and get the next quest

14. Pinkpink

Pinkpink New Member

Is the Bastion of the Tranquil in Sentinels Fate repeatable quest among the Tradeskill line or Adventure timeline?

15. Apecoe

Apecoe Guest

You: "Hail, Bellengere the Three"
    Bellengere the Three: "Return to my study. I will join you, momentarily."
    You say to Bellengere the Three, "I will not return there! I barely escaped, as it was!"
    Bellengere the Three: "Escaped? What are you talking about?"
    You say to Bellengere the Three, "That portal did not lead to your arcane study, unless your study is within The Void!"
    Bellengere the Three: "Void!? No. No! That portal should have led to my study. I know it, with all certainty. I... I cannot fathom what could have gone amiss. I'll recast the portal spell."
    You say to Bellengere the Three, "No, No! I don't think that's wise."
    Bellengere the Three: "What has brought you to this conclusion?"
    You say to Bellengere the Three, "I suspect your spell went wrong. If that is the case, then it could go wrong again, and we won't know until we enter it."
    Bellengere the Three: "Ah. You are proposing I cast another type of spell, one that we'll be able to quickly and safely identify, if it is working as intended, or not."
    You say to Bellengere the Three, "Right! Something with reduced danger, an illusion spell, perhaps?"
    Bellengere the Three: "Good choice."
    You say to Bellengere the Three, "Let's hope so."
    Bellengere the Three: "The imp! It... It is not a stone. That was not the illusion spell I had cast upon it! We should be looking at a stone, right now, not a gelatinous cube."
    You say to Bellengere the Three, "Can you recall the spell you were trying to cast?"
    Bellengere the Three: "Yes."
    You say to Bellengere the Three, "You didn't find it difficult to call up the spell from memory when you cast it?"
    Bellengere the Three: "No, not at all."
    You say to Bellengere the Three, "Then you're not suffering from the same sickness that affected Vasty, but maybe it's a different spellpox?"
    Bellengere the Three: "There may be some truth to that thought, I concede. Spellpoxes come in a multitude of different curses."
    You say to Bellengere the Three, "Maybe a spellpox explains your opposition to Antonia Bayle, too?"
    Bellengere the Three: "I will not betray my conviction on that matter, I was of sound mind. Were you not listening? I stick by my actions, my decisions. My magic has been addled, not my mind! And I certainly would not be standing here, if my magic had been addled all that time ago."
    You say to Bellengere the Three, "When did your spells start to go awry?"
    Bellengere the Three: "The portal to my study, just now. That was my first act of the arcane to have gone awry. This feels like a Confounded Casting curse, if I was to guess. It causes a mental disconnect between the spells one intends to cast and the spells one actually casts. What did you do to cure the thief?"
    You say to Bellengere the Three, "I didn't. I simply won some time for her mind to clear, and even that was short-lived and limited."
    Bellengere the Three: "Then I fear your work was for nothing. You brought me my chest, but I am incapable of helping you expand your knowledge of the arcane."
    You say to Bellengere the Three, "Your chest! That's what connects you and Vasty!"
    Bellengere the Three: "It was wandering Fens of Nathsar, and then Moors of Ykesha, places it shouldn't have ever been lost in. Yet, you remain unaffected. So, the chest is not the source."
    You say to Bellengere the Three, "A cursed item, obtained by Vasty, placed in the chest, removed by you!"
    Bellengere the Three: "Precisely! An item, recently acquired, is to blame, but we'll never find out which one if you can't access my arcane study, where they are all being stored."

You say to Bellengere the Three, "What if I cast the spell to open the portal to your study instead?"
    Bellengere the Three: "That could work, but it will prove very challenging. You'll need a study of the Akashic Neverthere and an essence of your own personal Arcanum in order to open a portal there."
    You say to Bellengere the Three, "A study of the Akashic Neverthere?"
    Bellengere the Three: "The Akashic Neverthere is an ethereal plan of reality. It is all around us, and yet untouchable except through arcane means. It is where I have made my arcane study."
    You say to Bellengere the Three, "An essence of your own personal Arcanum?"
    Bellengere the Three: "A basic, real, and invariable nature of your own personal arcanum materialized within the world. I know not where or what it may be."
    You say to Bellengere the Three, "You're right, this may prove challenging."

Any ideas where to "Obtain a study of the Akashic Neverthere"?

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Mecah

Mecah New Member

I am not up to this step, but throwing out ideas. Isn't the ethereal plane the CoE and ToV expansions?

17. Scrappz

Scrappz Member

Sundered Frontier adv timeline.. has to be completed all the way through to get the faction repeatable.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Instinct

Instinct Guest

I can't believe noone has posted about the issue of Bastion of the Tranquil faction.
    Once you have completed the Sundered Frontier Sig Quest line, you are then at about -(minus) 10,000 faction with Bastion of the Tranquil.
    The repeatable faction quest can only be done once a day.
    Are the Devs going to fix this? Or is it going to take everyone a month to get enough faction to make 50,000 which is needed?

19. darkmage

darkmage Guest

The 18 hours for the repeatable will be removed next patch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Scrappz

Scrappz Member

In the Confirmed Facts page, there's an excerpt from Discord chat about that, confirming what Darkmage said

• Agree Agree x 1