1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Longdale went to WoW.

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Zynt, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Oh, I've said from day one of the purchase that I believe Daybreak is market harvesting its properties. I know how bottom-feeding investors operate, and you just described it.

In fact, I suspect she made a decision to harvest the crap out of EQ2 so she could protect EQ for as long as she could, perhaps hoping for a buyer or at the very least, structuring her portfolio at the expense of the eq2 folks (speculation, of course).

Her hands are not clean though. Regardless of if DBG pressured her to do or say certain things, the choices were still hers and I'm confident she collected her performance bonuses along the way (I suspect that bonus well had dried up).

Of course, reasonable minds can disagree, and I'm not demanding that you or anyone else see things the way I do.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

What was it, within 72 hours of announcing the company changed hands something like 248, or nearly half iirc, of the employees were gone? And, many of those people let go were apparently key personal for certain projects and/or in the departments responsible for communicating with and addressing problems from the customers.

My memory sucks and I don't feel like looking the numbers up, but that seems right.

Everything else since then has been confirmation of my low opinions and expectations as far as I'm concerned. The only real surprise is how many times I can still be disappointed by what is left of something I once cared about quite a bit.

3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

On the a more somber note, I see Adoninilol managed to get a Benito stuck to him.

Sorry man, you attracted its attention by mentioning it in a post.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 4
  4. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

Good lord is he dumb, I don't know why it's so hard for this guy to understand shrink /=/ exploit. I even posted about gninja beta testing with us all being small then he hit me with the beta is different than live blah blah. Okay ****, i've live tested with these devs being small.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I was almost tempted to reinstall the game just to log one of my characters in that still has the LoN item that can shrink an Iksar down to ankle high to a dark elf, but that would require effort and time I do not care to spend for passing curiosity's sake.

6. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

My thoughts exactly when I saw this. I did play WoW when it first came out for a few months but it wasn't my cup of tea and I never went back nor will I.

• Like Like x 1