1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Itemization

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Mermut, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Benito

Benito Banned

Companies are people.

As someone who seems to be on the left of the political spectrum, you should know....

2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

You know what's funny...

The entire argument that set him off on me in the first place was my assertion that DBG uses RNG to engineer a manipulative game design vis a vis character power progression requirements.

Now he's acting as if that discussion never happened.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Benito

Benito Banned

My gosh. Are you guys thick in the head?

I am wasting my time at this point.

4. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Not that big on physics (geology is more my speed so I got rocks in my head but you can take me for granite!) but doesn't bubbles absorb and distort soundwaves that try to pass through them? I guess it depends on the medium of what the bubble is made of. Since we cant seem to puncture his bubble so he can hear us better might as well give up and not bother with him anymore.

*shrugs* Back to my niche game again.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Quit at any time.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I'm not explaining it again. You'll have to go back to our original discussion to refresh your memory, paying particular attention to my application of the word "illusion".

Having done that, you'll note I already (at the very beginning) addressed both the nonsense about in-game opportunities and how the game is now being designed.

Edit: I also discussed the matter in the trade skilling section, but this included some math that utilized generous assumptions - well, Mermut pointed out I actually forgot one important layer of rng, so my math was waaayyyygy too optimistic.

The lack of expert spells. | EverQuest 2 Forums

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

If you could, could you answer a few questions.

Can you provide evidence that they do not have malicious intent with regards to pay to win mechanics?

Do you currently play the game?

If you do play the game:
    What type of playing style do you have?
    How have you adapted your play style to the current expac itemization?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fendhar

Fendhar Member

And that doesn't even matter because there were no exp pots in EQ before EQII.
    Expansions didn't have them until ... well ... I don't exactly remember the first one but it was not before EQII was a thing.

At least up to Veil of Alaris there never have been any experience potions handed out with expansions.

AFAIR the first game to hand out such stuff was EQII - in fact ... everything marketplace (which started december 2008) related that could be considered "pay 2 win" was introduced in EQII first.

The first time I remember EQ giving out experience potions was in 2008 during Living Legacy where you got "Gift of Legacies Lost" containing "10 Potion of Adventure (experience potions)".

The only other time they introduced such a thing was the Veteran AA "Lesson of the Devoted". They became a thing in 2005 or so but only lasted 30 mins every 24 hours (reduced to 20 later on).

But of course memory might be wrong ...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

The amount of dupes one could do with that bug... yummysauce for any exploiter! :rolleyes:

10. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

This Benito guy argues and uses the same rhetorical technique one often see among flat earthers, creationists, qanons, anti vaxers.. and so on. He just goes on and on with his bla bla bla without even looking at facts presented to him/her.

No idea if he is for real or just a lame attempt at using early 2000-2010 trolling techniques.

One thing I know for sure though, you wont get much respect on these forums using that type of technique.

• Agree Agree x 9
  11. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

-snif- -snif-

Something smells like rotten argumentation in here, what have you lot been doing while I...

/catches up on thread

...ah. Thirty years I've been on the Internet, trolling never changes.

• Funny Funny x 6
  12. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I mean the term "Flame War" has been around since the 80s.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  13. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

But yet, the idiotic itemization, and sheer lack of actual content, started with ToT, I'll even give AoM a pass here.
    Since ToT and forcing reliance on the new Potency stat, there have been no ideas, no creativity. Just add new 'required' stats, and multiply everything by 10, or 100, or a 1000. That, and creating so much boring instanced 'content'... ech. I really used to like the contested, overland, or open dungeon content; if for no other reason, it often introduced you to other players. This new "Primarily Instanced" model, (in addition, of course, to the CashWinShop) are what made me leave. It is more enjoyable to fire up old, single player, stand alone games. Heck, for 6 bucks, I I just recently downloaded Ultima 1-8, as well as Ultima Underworld, playable on my current Windows PC from Good Old Games. Okay, 1-4 are painful to play, but playable (and only painful for lack of customizable, modernish controls).

A real expansion in EQ2 should be largely overland, with contested areas, and maybe, MAYBE, instanced raids. /shrug. A new name isn't getting me to sub again, they need to rework things from the ground up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  14. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

GoG is amazing. I have all of the Might and Magic games, the Spore Bundle and Dungeon Keeper 2 for 30-ish bucks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

I JUST recently discovered it...
    Working my way through U1-5 now, and yes, that is painful... really have to keep printouts around me, but looking forward to 6-9, those were amazing way back when... every choice matters.

ETA: I might just pass 1-4 (again), and move on... but looking again, I picked up Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 for 7 bucks! WooHoo!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

In the world of EQ2 they tried to fix a bug that has been in EQ2 for 3 years today. Of course it was not documented.

What they tried to fix was the solo food buff fix. So, what you could do was consume your food inside a solo instance and the effect would be doubled and last until new food would be consumed. Sounds really hard to fix right? Such as just not allowing food or drink buffs to be consumed in solo instances would obviously be too hard.

So what did the DBG guys do, totally undocumented?

Well, to make the game even more painful and have yet more stuff to buff and look out for before a pull these clever brains over at DBG decide, lets strip off the food and drink buff every time some one leaves a solo instance and have it auto consume instantly, so that everyone nowhas to disable auto consume.

So Sweatypie, is this a huge issue?
    No not really. If you been playing the games for 15 years you can easily afford the 13,000 platium it would cost per solo zone. Heck, as a new player you might even be able to if you sold a lot of luclin stuff.

Its just yet another annoyance before a pull on top of temp adornments, buffs, precasts, snacks, potions, charms and the other items you want to use before a pull.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

.... and listen to the sound of his own voice, apparently.

• Agree Agree x 6