1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Itemization

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Mermut, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Wow I've never seen that before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

What in the Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is going on?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

That's just.....

Words fail me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

That is freaking insane...

The bug is bizarre enough...but...

"Welp, sorry, but don't do anything. You gotta way for the server restart on Tuesday...."

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Mean while, we wont compensate you for the time you cant play your character, so thanks for the money! Ka-ching!

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

The character clone bug used to be highly exploitable, wonder if they fixed that part of it or not...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I had a severe issue at one point as well, in the spring of 2016. My character inventory would replicate itself every few seconds. Continuously for as long as I remained logged in. I would try to zone and crash the server, every single time, due to the hundreds of thousands of inventory hits (not an exaggeration).

Initially I tried to clear the inventory on my own, but that didn't work, and I sent in a report because even player studio house items were replicating en masse. A GM tried to help me, but apparently their management tools date back to the stone ages, because they were also having to delete items one at a time, they could just do it a fraction faster from a list, rather than waiting for inventory overflow to load and having to shift it out of bags.

But with no end to the replicated inventory in sight, and the fact that it kept replicating the entire list (which is now considerably larger) I was told that the GM would have to pass it on to someone on the dev team, and not to log in to the character until it had been resolved.

I can't imagine having all of my progress and guild progress wiped out like that, though. That's awful.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Hey, remember a time when a bug like that would have been cause for an immediate patch and restart? Remember how a bug like that in other games is still a cause for an immediate patch and restart?

good times, good times...

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Can't remember which expac it was, KA maybe - the one where didn't even bother with a ts sig line until we found out ftom the jan pl that they were working on it. That one was all broken.

But this one, good lord. With the exception of Chrol, it's like no one else gives a single crap about what has to be the most broken and generally garbage release ever.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

The quality goes down as do the number of subscribers... wonder if there is a connection? Nahhhh

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  11. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

That clone bug is amazing.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Feldon

At the most basic level I'm like... Ok how does the database just accept two unique indexes?

This happens in Mongo once in a great while, but this is EnterpriseDB we're talking about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Benito

Benito Banned

It's funny how quiet these forums were during Chaos Descending. Then, Blood of Luclin comes out with bugs (no pun intended) and everyone goes berserk.

• Lock It! Lock It! x 1
  14. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Your trolls are such low effort its kinda pathetic. One would think that a guy who had an account on the official forums since November 6th 2015 and a dozen more to like his own posts (how pathetic do you have to be to do that) at least had some quality instead of such low effort ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Benito

Benito Banned

Not trolling. Freeing the "bubble gnomes."

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

The way to free the bubble gnomes is to pop their bubble heads, killing them thus freeing them from life in general. I don't recommend doing this, though.

#BubbleGnomesLivesMatter

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

It's quite simple, actually.
    1) criticism in discord, even polite, constructive and with examples is frequently met with the ban-hammer w/o warning
    2) We're still getting used to having a moderator (dreamweaver) that actually permits discussions of bugs and problems with the game in the official forums. In the past, there were mass and 'ninja' deletions of large numbers of posts that didn't violate any forum rules

Consequently this is the first place many of us come to to express concern with the game.
    For me, at least, it's also a place I can be more blunt about problems with the games and vent frustration before I take the time to gather my thoughts and craft a more constructed and carefully worded version for the official forums.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Feldon

It's almost like the monumental effort of a level cap raise completely overwhelms the team and the bugs are substantially worse. But we've never seen that before.

/s

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  19. Benito

Benito Banned

You all have valid points. (I even agreed on the official forums with Mermut that the mission/currency goal issue is something to be addressed with the devs).

I am framing how people are having different reactions (or overreactions). It's like a thought experiment where people have the tendency to only remember the "bad things" (specifically or generally KA, BoL) and not the "good things" (specifically or generally CD). Some people even go further and say the sky is falling (EQ2 is in its death throes because "Darkpaw"; restating verbatim Massively OP opinion pieces).

I saw relatively little praise about CD - I think Mizgamer is the only person to praise CD as compared to the multitude of negative posts regarding BoL.

Edit: I'll stress my point any further as to "derail" this post on itemization.

20. Benito

Benito Banned

It seems that Daybreak/Darkpaw has a large art team but relatively fewer content developers. The level cap and issues with balance (including abilities, spells, and itemization) may be overwhelming them.