1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting news

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Shmogre, Mar 6, 2020.

1. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

There's nothing that I hate more than this. I can put up with short-staffed development teams. I can put up with content trickles. I can even put up with bugs, as long as they're not game-breaking. What I can't put up with is a studio full of fart-huffers who think that I should be down on my knees, grateful for the half-assed product that they're allowing me to (over)pay for.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

The way EQ2 communicates stuff in fights is generally awful. "Here's a debuff with a three mile long description, screenshot every part of it and read it closely to figure out what you should be doing. Now repeat that for ten other things. Per fight." Assuming they deign to do even that much...

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Don't stand in the stupid, Stupid!

I yell that at myself a lot in GW2, FFXIV and ESO. Sometimes I listen to myself, sometimes, eh... not so much. >.>

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  4. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

If the description is correct to what the effect does, which can be a dangerous assumption to make with EQ2.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  5. Tegdaian

Tegdaian New Member

I think its safe to assume that the description doesnt even include 1/4 of what the effect does anymore!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  6. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

lol half the raid fights have detriments with a description that is supposed to do stuff, but does nothing. Game is so broken its almost unbeliveable they actually still joke about stuff.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

One major thing that finally drove me away was the onslaught of things that could insta-kill. Not every single mechanic needs to result in my spontaneous death. No idea if it's changed since I've gone, but nothing says "We're completely out of ideas" like handing every-other boss an easy button that blows everyone up when slapped. I don't mind being hit with a punishing debuff for my screwups like in FFXIV, but in EQ2, it felt like it got to the point where buttering my toast in the wrong direction would cause my character to explode.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3