1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

I need a new MMO!

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Zhaanish, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I tried to log into Guild Wars 2 and I can't remember my password. I know I'm using the right email because I found old emails from them in that email. I tried to reset the password and it requires the serial code off the box...seriously? I'm sure that box went to a dumpster years ago. I purchased the game at launch. So I've emailed their support. Hopefully they'll get back to me before this sale ends May 8th.

2. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Still no reply from GW2 support. If I don't hear from them before this sale ends I think I'll take that as a sign it's not meant to be - and that they aren't meant to have my money. I contacted them Friday, sale ends the 8th. My husband in the mean time remembered his password and is playing. He's enjoying it. He keeps trying to talk me into just starting over but I don't want to! I know they give you a free level 80 character but I want my original character I leveled up the old fashioned way. :)

3. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

When I had to go through CS to recover account info they helped me almost right away and were very polite and thorough about it. That was a few years ago, though. Good luck.

If it's any consolation, leveling up again to 80 is super easy. Getting mastery points much less so. Still, I wouldn't want to lose any of my stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Husband put in another ticket on my behalf. I went back and looked and my ticket was put in last Thursday. He's seeing if he can get them to look at it since he can at least log in to enter a ticket whereas I had to do it anonymously. He referenced my ticket but also gave them all my info again.

5. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

Good luck. Hopefully you hear something back soon.

So, as another part of our anniversary, my wife really wanted to have our characters do the wedding ceremony in FFXIV. Pretty neat little process -- after I crafted the rings and we both did a pilgrimage, we got to go back to the chapel, set a date, and customize the ceremony (colors, music, how we enter/exit, type of ceremony, etc.) We can invite something like 80 guests (and only people with invitations are able to enter), and I guess they're provided gifts for showing up, as well. Buuuut we're pretty anti-social so I can just imagine them getting stuffed in the trash, lol.

It should be entertaining. After suggesting that everything be yellow and my buff cat man come in wearing the wedding dress/bouquet to the tune of corny detective music, my wife relieved me of decoration duty and I got to go back to killing things.

6. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

LOL sounds ... interesting :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I'd have vetoed yellow, but said 'sure, you want to wear a wedding dress, have at!' :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

They finally replied to my ticket on the last day of the sale! I'm in! :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Apparently there was just a big roll back. I ran a character through living story 4 and didn't lose anything, but some people lost 2-3 days of progress. I've no idea why yet, but serious wtf I guess.

• Shocked Shocked x 1
  10. Arazons

Arazons Member

I'm just patiently waiting for Pantheon

11. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Arazons

Arazons Member

Im not even mad...

Only games that have ever angered me for lack of progress were EQN and SC...

Edit: I am pretty sure Chris Roberts is using mine and countless others ship purchases to build himself a nice shiny rocket that hes going to climb into some day to blast off to Mars in.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  13. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

I don't mind buying extra stuff to support a game after it's been made and I deem it worthy of the extra support, but beforehand? Not a snowball's chance in hell. Don't get me wrong, indie/small studio games are getting much, much better, but not enough for me to trust them on that level.

I have no intention of ever playing Pantheon, but I'm very curious to see where it goes and how well it does. That community has said some very colorful things about just about every other MMORPG on the market, and made equally bold claims about what their own will become.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I'm with you. I've only had one purchase pay off "in advance" and even that was after the game was (barely) out - I bought a lifetime sub to LOTRO at the very beginning for $200 and I'm still playing it 13 years later with full VIP benefits.

I wasted $100 on Landmark (SOE).

I wasted $25 on Shroud of the Avatar.

I have learned my lesson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

It seems like there are some FF XIV players here so I am wondering ... I have read across many forums that the leveling in FF XIV is quite tedious, and this is something that has prevented me from really diving in. I did see that one can purchase a boost - if I were to do that, would I regret it? I'm probably not looking to raid unless there is a guild out there that tolerates a very spotty attendance record. Thanks

16. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I found that the leveling of alternate professions (job?) was tedious. The first run through was fairly fun.

17. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

Your first climb to max level will probably be a tedious one, if only because of ARR/Heavensward content and the fact that it seems like you're constantly learning new things. When I started out, I picked Gladiator...only to realize that I didn't really want to tank in yet another MMORPG. So, my option was to swap over to Pugilist and have to work back up from level 1 (thus falling way behind my wife's character), or spend a few bucks on a job that sounded cool. At the time, I really wanted to play Samurai, but it wasn't an option in the store. I decided to buy Dragoon, go do the unlock for the Samurai job (which required a level 50 or higher), and boom, switched over again to what I wanted.

I had a week or so where I felt lost, but once I learned more about the areas and in-game systems, I felt like a dope for having had such a hard time. There are a million different ways to get XP, and once you know what you're doing, I'd say the experience is a pretty quick one -- especially for crafters/gatherers. I think I got my Goldsmith to max level in one weekend. I got my Dark Knight to 80 just by swapping over to him for my Beast Tribe runs.

There are:

FATEs, which give meh XP
    Dungeons (with players, Grand Company bots, or Trusts 70+) that give great XP
    Roulettes of all variety, which also give great XP
    Main Story Quests
    Beast Tribe Quests, which are repeatable x12 every day
    Battle Levequests up to 60, Crafter/Gather Levequests up to 80

And probably more options that I'm forgetting. That being said, there's really no downside to buying a boost -- especially when many jobs don't actually start at level 1 anyways. Switching over to one of the more "advanced" jobs will just about always require having to learn a slew of new things, regardless of how you unlocked it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

If you're playing FFXIV, it's probably for the story, which you shouldn't skip. And if you're not skipping it, it will take you to level cap. They're also going to be trimming the fat from some of the post-ARR pre-HW quests in an upcoming patch, which is where a lot of the tedium was before.

As far as raiding goes, the easy tier of the content can be done with randoms and even the harder tier (Savage) can be done with qualified PUGs once people have geared up a little bit.

19. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

My experience up to the 50's as an Archer/Bard so far has been fun. Even the "grindy" parts (finishing out hunting logs for exp/seals) haven't been bad - heck, I'm kicking myself a bit for not working on them earlier, as I moved around on various other quests and such! I've also got all three Disciples of the Land (DoL: Mining, Botanist, and Fishing) professions over 50. Like Jimmy said, those level very quickly. For Disciples of the Hand (DoH, think crafters), I'll probably pickup either Goldsmith or Carpenter this weekend. They go extremely quickly if you're willing to dump gil into ingredients for leveling (hint: massive exp bonus for the first completion of each recipe. Make one of everything, especially at lower levels!), and even gathering your own ingredients isn't that bad (and levels either your gathering professions, or gets you exp from killing stuff).

I can't really speak to end-game stuff yet, as I just recently finished 1.0 of ARR, and am working on the 2.x stuff now. Whenever I tag along with my free company on overworld big baddies, I fully expect to die - fortunately, one of my alts is a ranger, so I'm well used to it. :D

20. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Apparently there's a new Vanguard EMU in Beta. I liked Vanguard but I'm knee deep in EQ1 again so I'm gonna wait.

• Like Like x 2