1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

HELP US with Reign of Shadows Quest Data

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Feldon, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

For...reasons (shakes fist at Epic Weapon 2.0), we no longer receive new expansion quest data for EQ2. As a result, we are forced to hand-enter any new quests since Kunark Ascending. To accelerate this process, I wrote a crawler script which scans thousands of EQ2 characters' quest journals and populates the steps and descriptions of each quest. What's missing is the Quest Name, Category, Level, and Difficulty (solo, heroic, epic). As soon as we have these, we can push the quests to EQ2U.

For Chaos Descending, a single player -- Pijotre -- looked up and filled in the details for all of the quests for the expansion, allowing us to add them to EQ2U. For Blood of Luclin, Alarra did most of the quests, as well as a few other players. For this we are all greatly appreciative.

How Can You Help?

If you are playing through (or have completed) quests in Reign of Shadows, or you are very handy at searching EQ2 Wikia, please go to my publicly editable Google Doc "EQ2 QuestCrawl Reign of Shadows 2021" and start filling in quest details!

How do I add quests?

If you are fastidiously running through quest lines and would like to have your quest journal imported into EQ2U's quest crawling process, please start a Conversation with me here on the forums.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  2. Feldon

Q: How can I see the current crowdsourced Quest Data?

A: Check out the EQ2U Quest Crawler Current Progress

Q: There has to be a more automated easier way.

A: I could spend several days writing a system for you to click on a quest, submit the details, and then I would have to go through and review all the submissions and then make a decision on whether to approve it. That's time I could just spend reading the notes people add to Google Docs and very quickly update the quests in the DB.

Q: Why can't we just edit quests directly in the database.

A: I trust you. But unfortunately vandalism is a thing. People may also make genuine mistakes. A lot of quests look very similar and sometimes it comes down to a single word difference between two. If you have ANY doubt, please don't enter in data. We are focused on 100% matches.

Q: This is too hard!

A: It's certainly not easy. And yet one player did ALL of it for 2019 and another player did nearly ALL of it for 2020. I'm only asking each of you to do SOME of it.

Q: Do you really expect anyone to do this?

A: Last year several players, most notably Alarra, hand-tagged hundreds of quests so that EQ2U would have useable quest data.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  3. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

You missed a few bits when copy and pasting this thread Feldon hehe.

4. Feldon

What'd I miss?

5. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

6. Feldon

Lol ok

7. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

You probably just need more sleep. Or less eggnog. Or whatever ... :D

8. Feldon

Anyone else working through Reign of Shadows quests yet? It does seem that you must /camp for your quest journal to be exported. This is a change likely made in last year's performance testing. This means you'll need to pickup a quest and then /camp to either desktop or yourself and repeat this process each time you get a new quest Stage. Thank you all to those who are willing to do this work.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  9. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I just tested it now to see if it worked or not and I was able to see Reign of Shadows quests in the crawler.
    Last time, I had to camp to update the quest journal each time when picking up or getting an update.

And it does add quest data for the new expac.

10. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I will work on the quests for eq2u once I finish getting my main through, so someone else may be faster.
    Work has been pretty hectic lately, so not much time to play until Dec 30th.

11. Feldon

No rush. I didn't really push this until May last time so I'm appreciative of anything in the coming weeks.

12. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

We had a fair bit of snow recently, so been too busy taking care of the snow to play the game hehe.
    (150cm in 3 days)

• Shocked Shocked x 1
  13. Feldon

60 inches of snow? Holy crap. Stay safe/warm!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  14. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Just finished the Adventure questline on my main, so will be starting to do this in the next few days (work permitting).

15. Feldon

Thank you so much!

16. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I've copied over the quests from the crawler to the google doc so if others want to help, they can do so.

17. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Going to need help with the Val Shir racial quests as I don't have a Val Shir Character.

Pretty much finished the optional overland quests(with exception to the Val Shir and missions), now will be focusing on the Signature time line with my alts.

18. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Well, up to quest 6/10 of the adventure timeline, haven't started the Crafting timeline yet.
    I think I have a 120 boost that I probably wasn't gonna use anyway for the Val Shir questline.
    Anyone know a class that seems to have it easy in starter gear for the solo stuff?
    I was thinking of Conjy.

19. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Up to quest 8/10 of the Adventure Sig, seems to be quite a few subquests in this one hehe.

@Feldon
    Will you need a list of the quests that need to be done to finish the sig or will you be fine browsing the wiki?

20. Feldon

I haven't updated the Adventure Report in a while. I hate to ask for help with it, but the Wiki is really just the starting point.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021