1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Happy five years since the first DBGpocalypse

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Endymion, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I got banned for nonconstructive feedback, I was never told exactly what got me banned. When they switched to the new forums the ban didn't transfer over.

They handed bans out for almost nothing when Smokejumper was around.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Non-constructive feedback generally = criticism of a design decision.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I'm shocked I was never banned. I made several constructive criticism posts before I quit. I've always felt like you should at least make your voice heard and hope they listen before fully giving up on something, assuming you still care about it, which I did. I didn't get banned but my comments were also ignored so I quit and took my money elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Losing Domino (Emily Taylor) really marked my decline in interest. Then having someone with zero knowledge of tradeskills or tradeskillers try and fill that slot marked the doom for me.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I don't know all of the details and suspect most of us never will, but I really felt like the company took advantage of Domino with the whole Landmark thing and then effectively tossed her aside when they were done. That may not be accurate, but it's still the impression I have.

I don't like seeing the slow death of Norrath due to incompetence and greed from both SOE and DBG. I can accept that EQ and EQ2 had to decline at some point, I just dislike the way it has happened. Seeing how the fans, supporters, and employees of both Next and Landmark were treated pisses me right the **** off. It'd take more than a forum post from a dev or a crap producers letter to win me back to the company as a whole after that.

• Agree Agree x 10
  6. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

EQ2 had to decline sure, but it didn't have to be in the state it's in right now. Daybreak should've put more effort into maintaining the game's population and less into milking every little penny they could out of it.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

I had thought that Domino went home to Canada, and then had <cough> issues returning, but I may mis-remember. The political environment in the US has ALMOST been more turbulent then the DBG enviornment.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

She went home to Canada for the holidays, tried to return to the US, and our lovely immigration people decided to bar her entry for a month. Having once personally gotten 2 hours of bullsh*t coming into the country, I can only imagine how traumatic this was for her. This happened to her at the tail end of the previous US administration and I'm sure she saw the writing on the wall that things were about to get even more difficult, so why risk it?

As for Landmark, Georgeson pulled everyone he could think of from EQ2 over to it. I'm not sure what they were working on all day, but her office was right outside his door. The EQN/L floor didn't seem to be a happy place when I visited.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I've been banned from legally entering Canada for going on 20 years now. One 10 year ban turned into another while I was living in MT, spiting distance from Canada, and kept trying to climb up the Canadian side of Chief Mountain. I eventually ended up dating the French Quebec border guard after I told her during one of my - shackled head to toe - detainments, "You know, we could do this, all of this, but without your partner around and have so much more fun." She laughed, he kicked me in the teeth, all of our dates were held on US soil. I absolutely deserved both bans and the kick to the teeth had been a long time coming. It was all worth it.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Shocked Shocked x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I didn't know Dreamweaver started a thread pitching the t-shirts.

Apparently, the sizes are selling out fast, which is interesting because I have never in my entire life known a female to willingly purchase a unisex t-shirt. Typically, they want one that fits correctly (although they're often perfectly ok comendering a hubby's t-shirt if they've decided it's not one that needs to be thrown away).

Therefore, I can only reason it's mostly men buying these things, 'cause well, the only thing we pay attention to is the size (If it doesn't fit, we proudly wear it anyway since we spent money on it).

Anyway, some of the comments are funny. One guy thought $30 was pretty steep, and asked if the price included any infusers :)

EverQuest 2 Anniversary Shirts now on sale! | EverQuest 2 Forums

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Um, you have now :) However, I wouldn't give you tuppence for one of those!

• Like Like x 1
  12. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I prefer men's shirts as well. They come down over the hips to hide a multitude of sins rather than sitting at the top.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I never order these kinds of shirts anyways. I need a 2XT or they don't fit my long torso well enough. The companies that make these shirts often lie about what size they are.

Also, this one is ugly as ****.

• Agree Agree x 8
  14. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I get men's t-shirts. long sleeve shirts, sometimes pants depending on what kind.

Huh. Maybe that's the reason most folks online think I'm a guy.

I wear the uniform!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Feldon

I don't buy many novelty shirts because apparently XLT and 2XLT sizes are really complicated.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I don't mind buying stuff like this if it's for a charity, fundraiser, or something along those lines, and in those cases, I don't really give a crap about the actual shirt or whatever.

But I've never understood the utility of spending my own money to do someone else's marketing.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Feldon

I'll buy schwag for a YouTuber I like or a cause/creator/artist I like.

And I didn't mind buying an EQ2 jacket as they were comfortable and reflect something I enjoyed at the time.

America is the crossroads of tribalism and capitalism.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I do the same. Posters, Indiegogo comics. Probably more t-shirts closer to summer once a few goals have been reached.

But not the EQ2 t-shirt, for a few reasons. I don't want to support a terrible company. I don't like the logo, it doesn't 'feel' EQ2 to me, and it looks cheap.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

This I can relate to, but at the short end of the spectrum. Apparently all short people are also supposed to weigh as much as a small child. Only XS women's cut are short enough for me at 4'11" but I'm not XS. I need a normal size that is also short. 99% of the time it doesn't exist and the shirt looks like a sleep shirt on me.