1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GUESS WHAT GUYS!!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tekka, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I always thought Kaitheel would make a great producer.

Note:

Also love ttobey and the art staff.

I like Gninja too. I know not everyone likes him, but I appreciate the fact that he will enter the forums and speak with candor, and i do believe he does his best to make dungeons and world bosses fun and interesting.

As a general rule, the two people who love to respond with "working as intended" are not on my list of favorites.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

Kaitheel, Chrol, Jamiss, and Ttobey all seem to have positive interactions with playing :cool:customers.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

This was posted by Fyreflyte in response to a thread to thank developers for their increased participation on the forums. Reading his comments had me scratching my head, especially the part I have put in bold:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Actually, this is incorrect, despite popular usage of the phrase. Flies are far easier to attract with vinegar than honey, both because of their interest in decaying material and because alcohol is far more aromatic than honey (thus flies will sense it from further away). Probably other reasons as well, but I don't remember them offhand. I performed this experiment when I was much younger, and the results are pretty staggering - flies love themselves some vinegar.

To address any other speculation in this thread, there isn't any one factor responsible for our increased presence here. For my part, I've been trying to keep any information I post on Discord represented equally here, since it's easier to find/link to this way, and I'd like everyone to have the chance to see it, not just those lucky enough to be in a chat channel with me at the right time. It helps greatly that a number of community members have been providing polite feedback, be it praise or criticism. You'll find most of my stuff in the TLE forum, but I read everything in general chat also, and occasionally post here.

This thread started out as praise, but quickly gained several responses that were passive/aggressive or insulting. There's a fair amount of irony in that, because those types of responses are what drive developers away from the forums to begin with. As a general rule, we don't shy away from criticism; but it needs to be provided in a constructive format. If you have issues with things, we're more than happy to hear you out - just remember to address the issue itself, and how you'd like to see it resolved. Resorting to personal attacks, however subtle, usually guarantees we're going to bow out of the thread and feel less inclined to respond to that particular poster in the future.

All that said, I am going to continue to attempt to keep up to date with these forums, and will answer threads I'm able to provide feedback on (typically itemization and TLE-related issues). I'd love to see the forums become even more active than they are now, so please try to keep the posts constructive, and be polite to your fellow gamers! And thank you again for the praise in this thread - we all appreciate it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can appreciate some of what he said, but I didn't see any one being passive/aggressive or insulting. In fact, I think his post was that very thing. The developers have been captured via screen shot many times being insulting to the players. I want to give the developers the benefit of the doubt, but when I read things like this, it is hard.

He says there is no particular reason for their recent flurry of activity on the forums, but I don't think he is being sincere. I think it has every thing to do with their sales being down. We all know that many people have left the game and continue to do so.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

They're pretty thin skinned and / or dramatic. I'd love to copy paste some of the responses they've given over the years and see where that gets me, probably banned I'm guessing.

Also I'm pretty sure 99% of them don't know the meaning of sincere, any more than they know the meaning of micro.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Malleria

Malleria Member

He's also massively arrogant and condescending. On multiple occasions bugs have been pointed out to him and he insists, sometimes for weeks, that players are simply doing it wrong, or not following the script. He often insults others, but cries like a football player when anyone stands up to him. He's one of those people who may work well behind the scenes, but should never, ever, be customer facing.

• Agree Agree x 8
  6. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I do like Kaitheel and Ttobey, but I am on the fence with regard to Gninja.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can see your point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

This condescending and self-unaware bullshit deserves a response.

I will probably get banned for this one, but screw it.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I don't want to see you get banned. I am glad though that you were blown away by his post as well. Condescending and self-unaware is a good description of it. I mean the hypocrisy blew me away.

What really gets my goat is that he acts like we should be grateful for any crumbs they throw our way. The money we pay/payed in to this game is the reason he and the rest of them were/are still employed. Unreal. /end rant

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

All good, this post strikes me as having elements that attempt to bait people into doing something can be used to rationalize retaliation.

I'll post a response later.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Ruckus

Ruckus Member

I group daily with the same 3-4 people. If a rare shiny shows up and everyone in group rolls need, it seems like the same 2 people always will win it. It's been like this for years on my character, and he'll be the last one needing on that shiny in a group of people who have it already and are hitting greed.

12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

On 2nd thought, I can't be bothered putting any more energy into stuff like this.

If they attempt to swindle people into buying again, that' different. But this?

Meh. Let them continue to kill their game with their misguided self-righteousness.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I agree. It's bait for The Toxics(stole it) to respond that the main reason folks are as upset as they are, and more reluctant to believe it's genuine now, is because historically (and especially in the last 2 years) The Team has been progressively condescending, combative and unresponsive. It's both true and correct, but no matter how reasonably it's stated, it gives them an open to respond along the lines of: See! We told you. You make us treat you like crap.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

A dev commenting about the lack of forum activity. Interesting. Very interesting. I think the higher ups might be starting to notice.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

Heh... classic phrase used by abusers. :eek:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

While unmodified Random Number Generation (RNG) is appropriate for some game elements it is not for others. It is also lazy mode on the part of the developer as a proper solution takes much more effort. Some people never win the roll btw and sometimes they create a new character in the hope that it is lucky or more usually depart the game having concluded that it is unfair.

In your case one of the possible solutions is that each time you loose on a roll for an item you should become more likely to win on each subsequent roll. That is why it is called modified RNG :) and it takes a bit of work and database storage to implement for each avatar/item.

Wow has personal loot these days so there is no one to roll against and good gear is either from token or currency which you earn by participation so it avoids this whole issue of edge cases in probability. Personally I dislike RNG as computers do it very badly, the random part, but that is a discussion for another day.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  17. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Is that before or after moderation :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  18. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Sorry but this made me laugh so hard but it's also sadly true.

• Agree Agree x 6