1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GU106 - What do you think?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Shmogre, May 5, 2018.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I should clarify my statement:

Feedback can be useful. Ego defensive behavior often isn't.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Canth

Canth New Member

Please no. I can't tell what's infused or not on the new window nor can I tell what's reforged. The only way I'll be able to see any of that is on EQ2U. What an awesome change this is.

This whole update is "awesome".

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Im still trying to figure out why we are attacking Innoruuk… because He is back? I guess the devs prefer to have the 'evil' gods beaten up for no apparent reason and let the 'good' gods twiddle their thumbs in boredom.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

You can always go to Shard of Love to smack Mithaniel Marr around a bit for old time's sake... ;)

But, yeah.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Heh. The howls of frustration are starting to surface on the Official Forums.

Level 1-10 ascension drops? Still entirely a p2w design.

Elixir of the expert? Poorly implemented.

New item window? Terrible.

Ethereal armor? Welcome to another mind numbingly expensive grind.

Of course, there is also the matter of on-going network issues, that ironically, are preventing people from dropping money in the cash shop.

In another couple of weeks when all the boss spawning puzzles are figured out, yay, another 5 months of running the same zones over, and over, and over, and over.....and for what?

Coins to infuse uninteresting armor possessing obsolete stats?

Hopefully, DBG used some common sense and designed ethereal tiers so they unlock individual effects or set bonuses. If they did it was damn stupid not to reveal what can be earned down the road.

If they didn't provide or anything interesting to be unlocked, well, that too was damn stupid.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

The un-reforgablilty of the ethereal armor is also *boggle*. They seriously expect people to grind out the coins to improve (in unspecified ways and for unspecified amounts) gear that you can't even reforge?.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

On a side note, I wonder how many posts and threads will be deleted/locked and if any bans will be handed out when people get back to work after the holidays.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I'm fresh off a recent warning, and......well, me.

Could be the end.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  9. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Honestly, even if I didn't think this thing was shutting down in a week this "event" is so poorly implemented my interest in it approaches nil...OK, it IS nil...

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

A lot of corporations end their fiscal year in June.

We could see a decision this summer before the expac if the forecasts look grim.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Either way, if by some miracle they make it to another expansion, can you imagine just how horrible and disappointing it will be?

Especially if the last few expansions and GU 106 are examples of what to expect moving forward. Add to that the tone deafness and all around rotten attitudes of the developers.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

They seem absolutely determined to irreparably damage the game. It's bizarre.

The game has become more and more limited and seems to be smaller and smaller with every GU and expansion. Soon the only way you will be able to play it at all will be as P2W - I'm surprised they haven't thought to charge our credit cards just for the privilege of logging in!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Don't give them ideas!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

I've found I "log in", but don't play.

My Destiny 2 game is getting better, but their gear reward system is THE SUCK.

All the explanations talk about creating 3 or 4 characters and passing down gear to get the best gear.

15. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I logged in 2 days ago, looked at the merchant, laughed and logged off again.

The itemisation is a total joke.
    'Experts' are a total garbage.
    New examine window is a horrific idea and a total waste of developer time.

As someone who has spent a LOT of time in this game since 2004, I've realised my time is up. All it took was actually stepping away for a couple of weeks to realise how crap things truly are.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Destiny 2 isn't too bad. If you want to min/max super quick you need lots of alts, otherwise play each week to get your weeklies done, and just enjoy the game the rest of the time. Once you hit a certain power rating, you need to have people you play with on a regular basis though, PUGging kind of disappears.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yup. That's exactly how it happened with me.

Side Note: Your appearance is appreciated, Errrorr. Had speculated you had Tron'd yourself into a Hello Kitty Online server and would never want to resurface.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

You'll be back when they announce a reskinned duck mount.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Looks like some of the feedback is getting through about the new examine window (courtesy of Probe One on TheOtherForums):

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
  20. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Thats
    Thanks for posting this Shmogre.

His comment is interesting, but why is he more curious about what players on Discord have to say as opposed to players on the official forums? Is it because the majority of players participating in Discord chat are the raiders/min-maxers? Does he think the rest of us don't understand when something works or does not? Maybe it is because those players are the ones that largely stroke the developers egos.

Either way, I don't think Kander or the game has the luxury of ignoring feedback any longer. Fixing the item window is a small consolation when compared to the many other areas of the game that need attention. He just rubs me the wrong way in general.

• Agree Agree x 4