1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GU106 - What do you think?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Shmogre, May 5, 2018.

1. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I dont it like when games take old content, slap one or two new scripts on the exact same mob model, in the exact same zone and call it new content. You know the game is going down hill when they start doing that.

We all know the game needs a new or better stat system, but the developers have no idea how to do it.

IMO they should just remove most of the MA attacks and give every archetype a set amount that then improves through the weapon rating and return to the old +dps +healing stats we had back in the day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

Still the same.

3. Noctew

Noctew New Member

It does, big time, but with 14 years of existing content it's probably easiest to keep the backend the same and just adjust the front end to provide a simplified experience in order not to break anything. It happens in any big IT system - after some time there are just parts nobody dares to touch any more, for fear of breaking them. Heck there are whole industries built on the premise that you just have to keep ancient apps you don't dare to change running no matter the cost - like mainframes still being bought today to keep applications from the 1970s and 1980s running you'd rather rewrite but which are just too important to replace old, known bugs with new, unknown ones.

Remember the last time they tried a major stats overhaul? It was Sentinels Fate, all old items were replaced with cookie cutter items with "new" stats because even back then nobody could have adjusted tens of thousands of items by hand, and half of the players hated the changes.

4. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

The latest news also mentions "The Shard of Hate's new Heroic, Solo, and Raid content is accessible to All Access members who have successfully ventured to level 110."

More non-subtle reminders to send them more money or don't bother trying to play the game.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Ansom

Ansom Member

Well, is a normal eq2 behavior. Fabled Zek was for member only too..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I also seem to recall an announcement awhile back that there would be no more f2p content after TOT or KA something.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I don't actually see this as a problem since the 'new' content isn't actually a game I'm interested in playing. I gave up on the adventure game when solo quests started sending me into advanced solo dungeons that were merc required and dripping full of raid scripts and I gave up on crafting with the latest expansion fiasco.

After months of barely logging in at all I recently started running a character through the ROK content and I'm having a ball. It really shows up the quality difference between content then and the junk we get now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I never had a problem buying expansions as a F2P user, until I bought ToT. I did this whole big questline and I got a cool item at the end... that told me I had to be a member to equip it. I was pretty upset about that, I spent the same money everyone else did on the expansion and got locked out of content that I felt like I paid for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Yeah, Altar of Malice was the last free-to-play expansion, confirmed by Kander (from a September 2017 thread asking when ToT would be F2P):

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Top tier spells have been subbie only since the Freeport server beta. In the intervening years they've been gradually ramping up what's on The List - aside from new expansions - to include most or all GU content as well as gear players earn.

The past couple of years, it's just more obvious due to the lack of quality or meaningful content added.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

EQ2 is a lost cause all the way around as long as the same grand poobahs are in charge of designing and managing the game. Any comment Kander makes just reinforces things for me. He is either super arrogant and egotistical or super naive when it comes to how he views the game and how well it is doing.

Take for the example GU 106, where he stated in Discord (via a screen shot posted on the official forums) that they will be adding a buff so that any player can run 1 expert level zone once per day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whoop tee doo. That is no where near enough of an effort to bridge the hhhuuugggeeee gap in the player base. At best it is a little to late. Color me unimpressed.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Ansom

Ansom Member

"Last years some folks complained that expets were too hard"

Really? Seriously? Lol...

So, just one run every 18/24h, but with ever alt. A nice incentive for pug! .........

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I still don't think that he understands appropriate use of RNG yet, let alone accessibility in games design.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. IakeFD

IakeFD Member

think he's been pretty clear where he stands on your complaints!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

So, we've got this buff coming.

He also said he's going to try and work in ascension level 1-10 drops into KA content.

And now we've got account wide tithe. A bit like ESO champ points, however those are cumulative between characters.

If the massively poll was a reliable proxy, they may have lost 20-30% of their subscribers over the last 30 days.

Surprised he didn't give us the finger and double down on his decisions like he usually does.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Viktor Vekselberg

Viktor Vekselberg New Member

Hi, it's Viktor

Today, i'm proud to present you an awesome tool that help our team to forge a great future for the game :

EVERQUEST 2 - EXPANSION 15 - DEV TEAM DECISION MAKING TOOL
    https://bit.ly/2Kj6MMV

Created by Kyle “Kander” Vallee, Robert “Caith” Fouts and Carlos “Gninja” Mora.

Approved by Lauren “Mooncast” McLemore and Holly “Windstalker” Longdale.

I can’t wait to share more information with all of you about everything in store for EverQuest 2 this year!

P.S : Special Krono Deals soon (tm)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Lock It! Lock It! x 2
  17. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Sorry, if its not in Pravda, I don't believe it. If its in Pravda, it MUST be true! *rolls eyes*

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I got Season 4 Familiars and Improve Ranger Makeshift Arrows (in that order). Since two spins is about all they have the staff to handle at this point, Make It So Mr. Vekselberg.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I got "boost all warlock abilities" twice.

I played a pally, brig, and defiler. I'm not playing a toon that wears a dress and points sticks at things, so I'm gonna wait this round out.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 3
  20. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I got "Nerf coercer DPS" and "Epic Repercussions 2.0" :eek:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2