1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GU105 Announcement from Roxxlyy

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Khendrask, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

2. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Blizzard makes a fortune from games such as Overwatch for microtransactions.

You pay $30 for the game itself, and then there are a lot of cosmetics in the game which people shell out for especially for limited time event cosmetics.

I'd be curious to see how much of it comes from WoW etc.

3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Part of the problem is the transactions for EQ2 aren't 'micro'

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

They really outdid themselves with tradeskill quest rewards.

One sort if gets the feeling they would be happier if the tradeskill part of the game just kind of went away.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

haven't seen them. mostly 'cause i don't care much, but hey, post links so i can look and chortle.

6. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I'll try to.... Tradeskill loots

7. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Damn even Niami seems to have lost it at this point. Never seen her rage like that :confused:o_O

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Nolus

Nolus Member

Can't say I blame her, they only gave 5 days to test. Why the hell after months of waiting we would really care if it was another couple weeks. **** sake's let them TEST it at leisure. I'd rather it be working rather than broken.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

/agree
    AND, the crew over at DBG seems to think that naming a server "Test" makes the test valid, it isn't. The test server has special rules, different coding, different everything from the live servers. They have the same problem with the Beta server, it is a special ruleset, special coded server, that only mimics a live server, but again, isn't.
    Test should be used to debug the code, then when sort of ready, it should go to beta, then finally, to a full copy of a live server, with not special rulesets or coding.
    DBG doesn't understand that.

10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Just curious, is the harvesting bag a poor attempt to somewhat mimic the ESO bag?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

The tooltip on the harvesting bag says it has a duration of 1 day, so I can't imagine how it could be.

But then I think I'd have to give myself a lobotomy to make some of the stuff they've done in the last 2 expansions seem like it was at all a good idea.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Is the bag something that has to be recast once a a day? Maybe incentive to get people to log in daily?

13. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Why would I want a bag that needs me to log in once a day to keep it, when I have the Wantia Artisan's Satchel, which does pretty much the same thing (doesn't hold fuels though), and has a duration of longer than 1 day? Although the Artisan's Satchel has less slots, I've never filled them all (and I harvest a LOT).

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Not sure, the only information on it so far is the tooltip Niami put up on her site.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Gonna be real surprised if my posts over in Shadyland survive 9:00 am monday morning.

Heck, even our little frog Tekka is all worked up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I just get aggravated when folks spread misinformation, or try to play off like what DBG is doing is in any way the 'norm' or acceptable.

I picked that froglok because of the boiling frog fable. I don't actually play one :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's the Bubble Gnome syndrome. Using misinformation as a way to rationalize away truth or reality stands on my nerves.

Self deception is fine, just don't come off like its truth by Making stuff up.

Some by bubble gnomes are entertaining. Others are just freakin annoying - especially the ones who assert that every mmo does business the way DBG does.

I have always taken the position that what DBG is doing is fine, as long as they are honest about it.

They can communicate changes through producer's letters, live streams, fan sites/media (oh wait...they don't talk to fan media...because....they don't want to answer the questions....because....they don't want people to know what they are actually going to get....because....sales>welfare of their customers).

P.s. the frogs have the best emotes in the game. I just can't stand all the hopping around. Drives me nuts.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I"m pretty sure you do not need to 'recast it' once a day to keep it.
    Once cast, it's opening every time I open my inventory with the same key I use for my other bags.
    My guess is that you may need to use the ability 'once a day' to get it to open with your regular inventory key.
    I'll have more information after I've had the thing for more then a day.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Hopefully, folks won't lose whats in the bag if they don't interact with it during the 24 hour period.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

Wow... Niami, who usually is amaze-balls at putting up with people, put this at the end of that post about this TS line...

Niami, if you read this, I have NOTHING BUT RESPECT for you. You are amazing. Just makes me sad/realize that the general atmosphere here is getting to the point where you are angry as well.

PoPTSLine

Now for rant time.

Folks who need ME to personally hand-hold them and directly spoon-feed them information when I am trying to test should be warned that my temper is G O N E. There's a server full of folks testing this. Do not single out me, pester me, and then "LOL" when I blow up at you. Seriously, not funny. I am sick, I am stressed, I am sleep-impaired, and I am upset. LET ME TEST IT FOR BRISTLEBANE'S sake. Your desire to have more information does NOT override my NEED to be able to test it AND give devs proper feedback before I start feeding folks more information. If you won't let me test, do NOT be surprised if I get really nasty to folks complaining next week about what we missed in testing.

Don't send me tells offering to help, either. You're adding to my massive communication load. If you want to help, then test, /bug, /feedback, post on the forums, post in Discord. Don't ask me to tell you what to do. Please. And if you see someone try to ask me a question in a chat channel and you know the answer, then speak up and answer it, please, don't just wait for me to try to juggle responding while dealing with a timed instance. If you have questions, ask /test (or /test.test if on other servers) ... just stop addressing questions to me on every communication known to man and monkey. Please.

This also goes for the devs. When I logged off Discord a few minutes ago, Caith was still online poking at things, and managed to slip in a fix that unstuck the person in the lead on finishing these quests for the first time so they can get initial feedback in. Gninja spent a solid amount of time with me at dinnertime giving some initial feedback. The others are working hard too! They're swamped. Think before you PM them, tag them in Discord, etc. Is it something you should /bug or /feedback? Do they have to respond to you right that second? Is it totally unrelated to what we're frantically testing on the Test server? Is it utterly game-breaking (server crash or such) or can it go into something less urgent than a direct ping? Save them some communication load where you can, save the pings for time-sensitive stuff with these quests, and we'll all get through this much more easily.

Please. It is beyond insane right now and we have such a tiny window of time to test this in that it is already stressful. Don't make it worse.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1