1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GU 107 - More rehashed trash.

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Adoninilol, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

I had to look up <that word>

I guess you can either find it funny that I didn't know the word or you can find it sad that you do.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2018
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I didnt know what that word meant either.

Of course, my assistant had to execute an elaborate ruse so she could replace my flip phone with a smart phone.

Note: She openly declares to pretty much everyone that i need strong parenting.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I know the term because I follow comic and game news online, though the majority of the 'social media' terminology is an alien language. I don't snap-chat, twatter, facebook, Instagram - most of those I don't even have an account for. Discord I have solely to keep in touch with friends. My phone is smart-ish, and is for making phone calls if I need to, not documenting every second of my life.

It was a term used in irritation. Next time I'll use a series of descriptors to indicate she's bad at her job and random to the point of being comical.

And I honestly do appreciate Shmogre's reminder - If you use elegant rather than base language, even if it means the same thing, it tends to get less of a reaction.

Also that I should be better than that. I'm not, but I should try. :p

(RadarX could be a jerk, but he was a consistent jerk that would tell you - sometimes in great detail - what you did wrong, so you knew what you were getting warned/suspended *for*. Who knew we would look back at that as 'better days'?)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2018
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  4. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I am astonished, after everything we've seen, that anyone believes that our feedback means ANYTHING to this development team or company.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Can't really argue (though I can hope). But I try to live to my own standards, not others...I want to be able to look at my handsome ogre face reflected in my shield and be okay with what I see.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
  6. Feldon

As for Roxxlyy, we're not supposed to express displeasure because:
    • She's female
    • She was an intern a year ago
    • She was trained by Mepps who espouses the "ban em all and let God sort em out" mentality
    • what'd I forget?
    I try to avoid personal attacks, but I'm going to point out if someone is doing irreparable damage to the community and actively driving away customers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Agreed, and also part of my own credo. I feel the stealth deletions and edits are counter to good community (and corporate) management...if you edit something, you should leave a marker and a reason in its place ("Edited due to personal attacks", "Post removed - Violates community standards: Non-constructive", and so on).

There is room to improve, if they give the community manager(s?) and mods the power to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I think we all started out trying to be civil, reasonable, and respectful with our feedback. I know for a long time I tried to take the high road, but after realizing that I wasn't valued as a paying customer over a period of years, I felt that I had emotionally reached the end of my rope.

I appreciate being able to express myself here without fear of being censored or banned and knowing that I am with like minded people with regard to our shared experiences and feelings. For me my concerns have always been from a business stand point if you will, rather than any personal grudge.

I finally realized that the most effective way to express my displeasure was to stop paying, playing, and for the most part stop posting on the official forums. However, it will always pain me to see the very visible disregard for the game and the players by DBG.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I try to keep in mind that she's young and inexperienced.

Still, she can learn a lot if she can find her own voice. I see glimpses of it, but then she seems to regress back into Kander/Caith mode.

This is not going to help her career, and I hope for her sake she learns to stand up for customers and push back against people who take them for granted.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Feldon

I was not diligent in looking up the offensive word used to describe Roxxlyy. I have now done so. Commentary about the management of Daybreak Games, including specific employees, should be limited to their actions, not their personal lives or character. This is covered in the Forum Rules.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ansom

Ansom Member

And she very young.. I'm pretty sure she "behaves" like a marionette.. It's not really the girl fault...

Eq2 Discord channels is not manage by Roxxlyy (i think), but the result are very similar..

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

She is likely doing the job the company wants. Its a rough job, considering the job the company is doing to us customers...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I have about as much respect for her as I do a magpie spewing out sounds that resemble words. They're both just regurgitating what they've absorbed with no real clue what any of it means. She only holds slightly more blame because she's supposed to have more agency than a bird.

14. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I had to look that term up. I feel old. Also, I feel like contributors to Urban Dictionary should be dropped off in the middle of the Gobi with a crappy map and broken compass.

Yeah, not feelin' great about humanity today.

15. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I'm travelling at the moment, and missed the word completely. I can make a couple of guesses, but suspect they are New Zealand vernacular so unlikely to be the culprit. :D

16. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

It's probably used on the mean streets of your capital city ... Canberra! :rolleyes:

17. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Nah, we decided early in the 20th century that we didn't want to take over the Aussies as they were too much trouble :p

(For non-Antipodeans, Canberra is the capital of 'Straya, while Wellington is the capital of NZ)

18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

If anyone wants to experience terror first hand, try flying into Wellington Airport.

Air NZ pilots........are freakin curazy :)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

Now that's an interesting word! I actually work for an Australian, so I'll have to figure out a way to work it into conversation. :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. splitpawthanos

splitpawthanos New Member

Kai Tak Hong Kong 1984, I thought my young life was over ! It was night and it went from beautiful scene to... surely were not going to land there! There are buildings everywhere on the approach, all lit up and boats in the harbor lit like christmas trees. The runway ended in the ocean. You could see peoples tv's in the buildings as you flew past!
    I'm glad I have that memory but at the time I was scared. I believe it's closed down now.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1