1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request: Allow queries to be submitted as JSON objects via PUT

Discussion in 'Census: General Discussion' started by mooglinux, Nov 23, 2014.

1. mooglinux

mooglinux Guest

I was reading up on CouchDB, and there is one feature I wish Census supported: the ability to form and submit queries as json objects. The events streaming API does this already, and I think it is an excellent way to handle communication. The benefit is that you could handle everything with standard language datastructures, rather than writing a bunch of code to dynamically build url strings.

Building a simple REST query is simple enough; it is just a small domain-specific language. The trouble is that there is a *second* dsl for c:join. Inside a c:join command, several characters take on different meanings. key-value pairs are seperated by : instead of =, and arguments are delimited by ^ instead of &. This special case is not covered by and REST url libraries that I know of, and writing the custom code to build that part of the string would be completely unnecessary if we could simply pass a json object.