1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EverQuest II: Chaos Descending Expansion Announced

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

In a level 110 KoS adventure zone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Mount leveling mechanics with gear slots....

More merc gear slots....

More ascension leveling....

Yay. Neat. Fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

As usual, the art looks cool, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

So did V'ger in the first Star Trek movie... but the movie still had lots of BORING sequences if you ever watch it again.

5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

*slightly shocked*
    I actually got a civil and slightly useful response..... unfortunately it was also painfully brief and only answered one of the questions I posed.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I am looking forward to the launch of Fortuna, an open roam area on Venus, in Warframe. I have zero interest in this EQ2 so called expansion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

If I get the xpac at all, it will be the basic level. (The reasons I have for staying have more to do with trying NOT to cut ties with friends than anything else. Depression makes its own demands.)

8. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I have the expansion, someone I play with late at night my time (2am to about 9am) offered to buy it for me if I gave them a krono, so I did. My GL usually bought it for me, but this time he didn't have to, which makes things easier for him, also.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Beta forums seem pretty quiet.

The class forums appeared active, but then I realized it's people chiming in about the same 2 or 3 key issues, many of which have been raised in the past.

Either the game is more bug free than usual or, there are fewer people testing or, there are fewer who care about providing feedback on the forums.

P.S. Nice to see that DBG is still proudly wielding the sledgehammer approach to class balancing. R.I.P. Shamans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Yeah, I too noticed the beta forums are much more quiet then in the past.

11. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Maybe there's more activity on Discord?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

Why would anyone post feedback when it is ignored?

Feedback goes both ways, this is something they get wrong all the time. For people to keep giving feedback the feedback has to actually be acknowledged. How am I supposed to know you even read it and that I should keep trying?

Right now feedback just feels like a big black hole, it's just ignored and not responded to.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Thanks for reminding me about Discord. Your reply inspired me to go back and read Feldon's original introduction to the EQ2 Discord Channel on the forums.

Some folks were right on the money about how it would be used by the DBG staff.

Knowing what we now know, it's pretty funny to read the comments :)

P.S. It appears they locked the thread when players started complaining about the zealous use of the ban hammer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

If the Lion's Share of beta feedback is in Discord, and beta feedback is limited to those who are flush with cash and unquestioningly love everything the eq2 team touches, then we've got a Pitch Perfect Echo chamber.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Time for you to start archiving Discord chat for posterity. :p

16. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I didn't even bother with beta this time. Not even pre-ordering. Going to wait until a bit past launch to see the inevitable shitshow unfold before deciding whether I stick around for my guildies and raid buddies or just bid adieu to Norrath altogether.

No point, when the devs have gone mad.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Well, you know, school has started back up, the holidays are just around the corner. It's the middle of the week, or the weekend, depending on when you read this.

All sorts of reasons folks aren't posting on the forums. Or logging into the game.

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Right, right.

Dunno what I was thinking. Siggy has assured everyone the game is still going strong.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Tohopka

Tohopka New Member

Guess nothing changed and here I was thinking of coming back. Guess I'll continue doing Neverwinter and ESO. It's been awhile since I came here though. My old guild on Antonia Bayle hates this site LOL. But, hell, I get more honest INFO here then the damn official forums.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Posting this here before I post to the forums, as I expect the thread to blow up and get deleted and/or earn me a ban
    Background: They've ****ed ALL healers over bad in heroic and raid content

All the heroic zones have a 'mysterious' debuff called Chaotic Leech that applies as soon as you enter.
    It's description reads:
    "Disrupts natural energies, reducing wards and healing to those afflicted."

So, I did a few tests.

In the library:
    Mystic Ancestral Ward: 212m
    Warden Constant Currents: 108m

Ruins of Rathe (T1 heroic)
    Mystic Ancestral Ward: 28m
    Warden Constant Currents: 28m

As a healer, this is troubling for a number of reasons:
    1) The 'reduction' to heals is not specified in the debuff. We know what offensive stats we have to over come, because the mobs "Planar Guard" gives us the numbers. But the stats the healers have to deal with are hidden.
    2) The reduction is huge.. but we don't know if it's a flat reduction, fervor effectiveness reduction, potency? crit bonus? Is it done before or after the fact? What, exactly, can we do to increase our effectiveness the most? We don't know.. because of 1) from above...

3) The small test with the warden and mystic implies that one of two things are happening with this debuff
    3a) There are hard caps on heals/wards in these zones, so they will never, ever get easier to heal, no matter what gear the healer does or doesn't have/get. If true, this is extremely depressing as a healer. Never actually getting better/more effective no matter how much effort/gear you spend/get suggests there is no reason to put in the effort or get the gear. :(
    3b) Different heals and/or heal classes are affected differently.. so some classes may be hit harder by the debuff then other classes.

I'll be honest, I'm not happy with the idea of an artificial nerf to healer effectiveness, but that pales beside my feelings about the fact that the information about how and how much is hidden.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1