1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EQ2 Survey

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Senya, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I did not get one but I haven't been a paid subscriber since last August when my 1 year sub ran out from that promotion they did. Also I did not buy the last expansion. Not sure if that is factored in or not. If they were smart and cared about their future they'd survey people like me who were there from the beginning and loyally paying until last year.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I've been subbed for years and pre-ordered and I don't think I've ever gotten a survey. I can't even guess what criteria they're using

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Senya

Senya Member

I forwarded the email I got (after I had already completed it) to my husband's email and he was able to fill it out and submit it also.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I came to EQ2 from EQ. I've been a long interval intermittent subscriber (I take breaks to kick around in other games) since launch day on two accounts. Since the introduction of the prestige house upgrade on expansions, I've purchased the CE (I missed one year on one account). Until KA. I didn't buy KA until it went on sale - and then only for the builder's pack and house. and I will not be buying PoP at all, not even for the builder's pack and house.

I haven't had my second account subscribed in over a year, and I cancelled my main account before it renewed in November, so I'm not really sure what their criteria is other than maybe drunken dart throws.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Malleria

Malleria Member

RNG

Explains perfectly why the same people get it every time and others never see it ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

If the survey was originally set up as an on going campaign, then a random sample from X number of customers active within Y days is the right way to do it.

However, I think you guys are right. Just like the exit survey (that has been broken for years), it was never wanted by the development staff (well, it actually pisses them off) and is ignored.

Just another example people too arrogant to succeed at business.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Nommi

Nommi Member

I can't imagine how many times they have heard the RNG sucks, P2W spells research sucks, research times per spell sucks, and lack of content (including drop rates) suck.

What they did get right in the past is no longer relevant because the player base no longer supports the necessary funding that would be required to build content like what we saw up to and including RoK.

At this stage we can merely accept that DB will continue to push highly sought after items to buy with cash. (Basically, if players didn't open their wallets so easily for opportunities to improve their toon, pay for subs with kronos, or move loot/gear between IoR and live servers this would not be financially lucrative for DB). This has become a rich mans game where anyone with a thick enough wallet can outgear themselves faster and better than those who earn their items ingame. With that said, I don't think DB truly understands what the impact of selling spell upgrades and other perks via cash has done to this game and the morale of players. Additionally, the restricted drop rates of masters, exquisite chests, runes, etc. is terrible which compounds the RNG discontentment and the P2W envy/disappointment.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

And it's even worse when the means to upgrade is deliberately excluded from in game access so cash purchases - either directly or as part of a subscription - are required to advance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

The people who don't buy spells don't create enough revenue to keep the game going, we will all suffer when the whales depart.

10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I am still amazed at the number of people who are still coming to the Official Forums to complain that they have no realistic way of obtaining the really cool stuff without spending real money, and then offer suggestions for changes.

Bubble Gnome Syndrome is a real thing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2