1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EQ2 Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Please post a link to the answers... if there is one. I am almost curious about what PR she will do... or how many questions are left in the Twilight Zone.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

She'll cherry pick a couple of questions that fit the narrative she's been recently selling:

1. Come see if you're up to the challenge of classic, old school EQ.
    2. I'm not allowed to tell you the exact number, but we've had gazillions of players come through our game. We don't have the resources to accommodate a huge influx of accounts, but we have some room for a few more.
    3. Everything is fine, hunky dory, we're doing great! The Everquest franchise has a bright future...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

She's angling for that North Korea PR position.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  5. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Someone found footage of her keeping morale at an internal meeting...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
  6. omuteef

omuteef Member

Wasn't there mention of some sort of Fan fair that DB was going to have this summer? Not sure but shouldn't there be some sort of time line set out by now to you know give people a chance to book holidays or prepare for it?

7. Feldon

8. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

[​IMG]

Thats number 13/14th "community manager" eq2 had the last decade?

Not a huge loss, all she did was discord ban and forum cleaning. Dont think she ever once talked to the EQ2 player base.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

She gushed about how crossbows were THE COOLEST THING EEEEEEVVVVEEERRR for PoP :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

As a Community Manager, she was about as useful as the lower half of a mermaid.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

And nothing of value was lost?

I used to ask her to show me what I did wrong so I could correct my behavior. Every other person doing that job in the past would do this. Even RadarX usually would. She just cut and paste some generic comment about forums guidelines and never responded. The last time I was censored on the forums she made a comment at the top of her usual cut and paste job, "Well since you won't stop bugging me" followed by a link that still goes so:

[​IMG]

which is super helpful.

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

To be fair, you don't need a Community Manager when there is no community left to manage.

Seems like more layoffs might be incoming, and they started with the dead weight.

If that's the case, it's unfortunate for folks with actual jobs there.

• Agree Agree x 7
  13. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I still can't believe, with the current lack of EQ2 players, to whom they will sell another expansion to. Also, not having a community manager is the equivalent of having one like her. When she live streamed, wasn't it while playing other games?

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
  14. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I know she didn't at first and folks pointed that out, so she might have started at some point.

Speculation: You also don't need a community manager if you don't plan to keep forums around. Most of their 'communication' seems to go through Discord anyhow.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I think it's a bit unfair to call her a community manager. She was never really managing anything imo. More of a community liaison.

My suspicion is she has jumped ship the first real chance she's got. She started on H1Z1 and Planetside 2 I believe, and was far more involved/interested in them. I'd guess she never really wanted EQ/EQ2 and was dumped on her.

As somebody in their early 20's, my view is she has used DBG for 3 years of experience, and is now likely to move on to somewhere she actually wants to be. I wouldn't blame her in the slightest for that.

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. Fendhar

Fendhar Member

Yes - not a loss at all.
    To be honest I never really understood why she was hired in first place at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Uxtalzon

Uxtalzon Member

Looks like Holly never answered that AMA, people posting in "EverQuest Mysteries" thread asking when or if she'll ever respond. lol

Roxxlyy leaving? Gosh, who'll stomp on the hopes and dreams of the loyal fans that follow the rules but still ask uncomfortable questions?

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  18. Feldon

Were there any questions asked of the fires of heaven ama that weren't r-rated? I mean besides mine asking about EverQuest census. :p

19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

This link was posted in the OF pvp section, and I want to share it here because, unlike DBG (and the eq2 team in particular), this is a company that understands business is ultimately about relationship.

Edit:
    If you visit the actual thread, you'll note an abundance of warm, appreciative, and supportive responses.

See Gninja, there is no need to whine about how your customers are treating you. When your company treats customers with respect, customers tend to respond in kind.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

If I were a potential employer, I certainly wouldn't look on her DBG experience, and her handling of her job, as a positive thing.
    More like a deal breaker.

• Agree Agree x 3